Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Anthony Rendon, 3B (and 2B, we hope)  (Read 84711 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Karns looks like a better long relief man than Duke. Of course, I've been repeating that the team would improve if they dumped Duke and HRod, and put Espi on the DL and rehab for the rest of the season. Start Lombo at 2B until Rendon is ready.

Offline HalfSmokes

Um, seems intuitive but do we really have any such evidence?  Running bases might be a bigger risk.

Mindfacting,  but I seem to remember a fan graphs podcast a couple of years ago talking about how suspecting second baseman are to inury/dl stints,  I wonder if there is a way to do a sort by position and time on the floor?

Edit,  just a mindfact,  I was wrong,  no discernable difference by position except for pitchers and catchers

www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2010-disabled-list-position-data/

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Um, seems intuitive but do we really have any such evidence?  Running bases might be a bigger risk.

Bucky Harris got spiked often at 2B. Buddy Myer eventually replaced him: "the next time Chapman spikes me I'm going to step on his face".  Big battle in 1933 with Chapman of the Yankees who ran about ten feet inside 2B to get Myer, who leaped in the air. Myer came down and noticed that Chapman had ripped off the heal of his shoe. Myer proceeded to kick Chapman about ten times while Chapman was on the ground. Huge brawl, called "The Battle of Griffith Stadium". Precinct was called...Chapman punched a Metropolitan Police detective.

More recently, the 1978 WS seemed to turn around as the Yankees emergency call-up rookie 2B, Brian Doyle,  kept leaping over Dodgers to throw to 1B, which Davey Lopes somehow buckled whenever a Yankee slid to break up a DP.

During Friday night's game, I think we saw slo-mo replays as one of the Barves slid spikes down at Espi's knees. Shin-to-shin contact, but tough on Espi.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
played 2nd again today and batted 2nd, 1-2 with a double, a walk, and a K.

He'll be up soon.

Offline hammondsnats

Do it now.  Now.  NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm thinking of how many times 2Bs get slid into. Maybe it's only "common sense" and it means nothing.

Offline sportsfan882

Rendon 0/5 tonight with 2 Ks and his second error at 2B in 3 games.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Rendon 0/5 tonight with 2 Ks and his second error at 2B in 3 games.

Pretty much on par offensively with what Espinosa has been doing. 

Offline HalfSmokes

Have their been any reports from people who've seen him about how he looks at second?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Can't hit, can't play second, can't run the bases .... DFA this bum

Offline hammondsnats

Have their been any reports from people who've seen him about how he looks at second?

i saw him play the other night.  made all the plays hit to him.

it's more of a just feel thing and knowing when to go out for relays, etc.

he'll be fine. 

Offline sportsfan882

He's probably pressing knowing that he's on the fast track. Hopefully he settles down soon so they feel comfortable calling him up.

Offline hammondsnats

He's probably pressing knowing that he's on the fast track. Hopefully he settles down soon so they feel comfortable calling him up.

haha he's fine.  they know he's not a .200 hitter.  i just wish he was up now.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Time to lock again!