Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3  (Read 15448 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3
« Reply #325: June 05, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »
But Soriano is the only one that we've had. I really believe Dukes can develop into a power hitting RBI monster but he's going to need Zimmerman and one more bat behind him to get to that place and right now we don't have that second bat.

MrMadison

« Reply #326: June 05, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
But Soriano is the only one that we've had. I really believe Dukes can develop into a power hitting RBI monster but he's going to need Zimmerman and one more bat behind him to get to that place and right now we don't have that second bat.

i can agree with that.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #327: June 05, 2008, 10:51:10 PM »
DID YOU GUYS SEE MILLZ POUR TWO CUPS OF WATER ON DUKES??? I THINK THAT WAS A JOKE BECAUSE DUKES POURS WATER ON HIMSELF. THERE'S NO WAY HE'S SWEATING THAT MUCH!

Debbi Taylor is expected to collect a cup of Elijah Dukes' SWEAT from THIS GAME to give to Air Zimmerman at their upcoming MASN interview.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #328: June 05, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Do you suppose this is the poster on the ceiling over AZ's top bunk?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #330: June 05, 2008, 11:20:52 PM »
This game was another great example of why it is a bad idea to leave early. You often see three different games in one, and that was the case tonight. I actually mentioned to people at the game in the 10th inning that Dukes was having a great game and figured he was positioned to get the walk-off. I love when that happens. Getting all those at bats today was good for several of these guys. Dukes had an amazing game. Great win.

« Reply #331: June 05, 2008, 11:46:36 PM »
This game was another great example of why it is a bad idea to leave early. You often see three different games in one, and that was the case tonight. I actually mentioned to people at the game in the 10th inning that Dukes was having a great game and figured he was positioned to get the walk-off. I love when that happens. Getting all those at bats today was good for several of these guys. Dukes had an amazing game. Great win.

I still laugh at the fans that left Opening Night early.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #332: June 06, 2008, 12:14:40 AM »
QFT. I've never seen such a wild game in my life. So many ups and downs. I was in shock when we put up 7 early runs and then Redding gives up 5 RBIs to the pitchers and I could do nothing but sit in stunned silence.  Redding should be sent down for that alone.  His early good start appears to be a mirage.  After that bum Sanches gave up the bomb to Mather I was so freaking furious. I was so angry that I was going to seriously take a break from watching Nats' games for a little while.  THEN DUKES TOOK OVER! I've been to all 3 walk-off HR wins this season.  Incredible. I could post a lot more of my thoughts on this game but I have to get up in less than 5 hours so I'll save my thoughts for tomorrow. All I know is that I am very disappointed in Redding, Rauch, Milledge, and a few others.  Dukes and Casto on the otherhand are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  Dukes is light years more advanced than Milledge. He is an elite fielder, has good patience and tonight he finally showcased his power. 

oh yeah, btw, where the hell did all these stupid Cardinal fans come from? They are almost as bad as Cubs fans.  It was poetic justice when Dukes hit the walk-off because those jackasses were talking crap ALL GAME even when their team was down 7-0. Despite all of the Cards fans in attendance it was still an awesome game though. Very nice crowd.  Alright i'm out for the night. More tomorrow.

MrMadison

« Reply #333: June 06, 2008, 12:29:34 AM »
  After that bum Sanches gave up the bomb to Mather I was so freaking furious. I was so angry that I was going to seriously take a break from watching Nats' games for a little while. 

but you were hyping Sanches up so much.......

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #334: June 06, 2008, 12:42:03 AM »
but you were hyping Sanches up so much.......
I was at first but then I backed off a little after he officially got the call because his numbers showed he was an AAAA caliber pitcher. I should have known better. I'm done with him. He is the DEFINITION of a career minor leaguer (AAAA player).  He is no different than Chris Booker or Winston Abreu. He's got a 90 mph fastball that he can't locate and he hangs his splitter/slider far too often. As far as I'm concerned they can send Hanrahan, Colome, Manning, and Sanches packing.  Unfortunately that's not possible because we don't have that many guys we can call up to replace them.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #335: June 06, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »
  Dukes and Casto on the otherhand are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 

Don't forget brother Cristian, he's really been setting the table lately.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #336: June 06, 2008, 10:58:51 AM »
Don't forget brother Cristian, he's really been setting the table lately.

Absolutely. Guzman also had a 4-hit game last night. Two in the same game! When was the last time that happened for us?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #337: June 06, 2008, 04:11:51 PM »
Absolutely. Guzman also had a 4-hit game last night. Two in the same game! When was the last time that happened for us?

Probably never.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #338: June 06, 2008, 05:52:49 PM »
We have a guy in our section that yells "Where ya going?" at folks who leave early. I hope some of those folks who suffered through the monsoon game got a chance to see this one. Dukes reminded me of a Road Runner cartoon with his upright stance and those legs churning around the bases.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #339: June 06, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »
I stayed thru it too!  Soooo Cool!

What I can't figure out is how we can strike out the likes of Pujols and yet their PITCHERS drive in so many runs?!  :?