Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 24311 times)

Offline PC

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2 (Curly W)
« Reply #75: September 19, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »
Bad things happen when Saul Rivera is on the mound.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #76: September 19, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »
C'mon people...the umpire blew it on that last all.  Rivera didn't do awful, and he K'ed LaRoche to minimize the damage.  6-1 Nats.

Hey, is anybody else having trouble with MLB Gameday?

EDIT: Nevermind, it finally seems to be working again.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #77: September 19, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »
I know this is late...I was away from my desk.

Brian McCann singles on a soft line drive to right fielder Austin Kearns.    Edgar Renteria scores.

Atlanta 1
Washington 6

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #78: September 19, 2006, 09:16:35 PM »
I don't at like all this talk about making Vidro a 1st baseman.  Sounds too much like they are entertaining trade offers for Nick-at-Nite.  Both homered tonight and Perez had 6 innings with only 1 hit, no walks, no runs?  Sounds...um...Christ-like...
And now a word from Nook-at-Night...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #79: September 19, 2006, 09:16:57 PM »
Nook Logan with an RBI single!  

Atlanta 1
Washington 7

Offline esoteric

« Reply #80: September 19, 2006, 09:17:36 PM »
Okay, anyone want to take bets on when Nook Logan turns back into a pumpkin?  Nats 7, Cowards 1.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #81: September 19, 2006, 09:19:30 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Any lawyers lurking around here who want to hook me up with a job in DC or Chicago?  I've got a pretty decent pedigree, and lord knows I can talk baseball at the very least!

You may want to drop bumsfan4 (on the MLB board) a note.  Tell him I referred you so he knows how you found out about him.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #82: September 19, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »
I have just re-run the Monte Carlo simulation that predicts the probability of the Braves making the playoffs, and it is 0.00000000000000000000000001%  Not quite zero, but getting there....

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #83: September 19, 2006, 09:22:14 PM »
OFFENSIVE BLITZKRIEG AT RFK!

Alfonso Soriano doubles (39) on a line drive to left fielder Ryan Langerhans.    Brandon Harper scores.    Nook Logan scores.  

Atlanta 1
Washington 9

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #84: September 19, 2006, 09:22:18 PM »
What a feat it would be if a leadoff man (Soriano) hit 100 RBI's!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #85: September 19, 2006, 09:24:15 PM »
Soriano will only have 11 games after tonight to get three home runs to TIE Frank Howard's city record of 48.  I think Hondo's mark is going to stand.

Offline PC

« Reply #86: September 19, 2006, 09:26:58 PM »
Let's keep this one in the park, Dary!!!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #87: September 19, 2006, 09:28:10 PM »
"grounds out softly."  I love reading that on MLB Gameday.  It seems so...pathetic.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #88: September 19, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Any lawyers lurking around here who want to hook me up with a job in DC or Chicago?  I've got a pretty decent pedigree, and lord knows I can talk baseball at the very least!

You may want to drop bumsfan4 (on the MLB board) a note.  Tell him I referred you so he knows how you found out about him.

Many thanks for the tip.

By the way, Tom...WTF is going on with that troll on the MLB board?  Why in God's name has the (absentee) moderator not banned this schmoe?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #89: September 19, 2006, 09:32:08 PM »
Pete Orr grounds out, third baseman Ryan Zimmerman to first baseman Nick Johnson.    Ryan Langerhans scores.   Whatever...   :roll:

Atlanta 2
Washington 9

Offline esoteric

« Reply #90: September 19, 2006, 09:33:33 PM »
Okay, we all know what this situation calls for: the lineup has to bat around and give Zim a chance to get RBIs #99 & 100.  

Hey, if the Dodgers can hit back-to-back-to-back-to-back home runs in the bottom of the ninth, then we can do this.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #91: September 19, 2006, 09:36:30 PM »

Many thanks for the tip.

By the way, Tom...WTF is going on with that troll on the MLB board?  Why in God's name has the (absentee) moderator not banned this schmoe?
Why anybody still reads & posts from that "message board" when there are obvious alternatives escapes me.  But I suppose I am bias.   :D

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #92: September 19, 2006, 09:37:13 PM »

It's almost certainly the troll who changes his name once a month - Donnie Fritz/Glen Burnie/Lester Craddock / etc.

I've reported him for impersonation, a bannable offense, but what would be done in 10 minutes here could take 10 weeks there.  Moderator(s) are absentee for sure.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #93: September 19, 2006, 09:38:05 PM »

It's almost certainly the troll who changes his name once a month - Donnie Fritz/Glen Burnie/Lester Craddock / etc.

I've reported him for impersonation, a bannable offense, but what would be done in 10 minutes here could take 10 weeks there.  Moderator(s) are absentee for sure.
They have moderators on there now?!?   :shock:

Offline esoteric

« Reply #94: September 19, 2006, 09:39:22 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"

Many thanks for the tip.

Why anybody still reads & posts from that "message board" when there are obvious alternatives escapes me.
There are still some quality posts to be found there, though obviously they've got nothing like the game threads here.  

I really like the fact that you can usually count on the same bunch of 'regulars' to make an appearance here every night...makes me feel like I've been remiss in not posting.  Okay, I'll be sure to kick it here for the next eleven games, unless it's absolutely impossible (read: unless my girlfriend is here...sadly she is not a baseball fan, though otherwise she's an angel).

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #95: September 19, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »
]There are still some quality posts to be found there, though obviously there's nothing approaching the quality of the game threads here.  

I do like the fact that you can usually count on the same bunch of 'regulars' to make an appearance here every night...makes me feel like I've been remiss.  Okay, I'll be sure to kick it here for the next eleven games, unless it's absolutely impossible (read: unless my girlfriend is here...sadly she is not a baseball fan, though otherwise she's an angel).
You Better!  We've been missing you over here!   :cry:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #96: September 19, 2006, 09:40:57 PM »
Why anybody still reads & posts from that "message board" when there are obvious alternatives escapes me.  But I suppose I am bias.   :D

Sens, sometimes I feel like I'm catching it on all sides.  Blasphemous imitators on the one board, and 'neer trolls on the other one.  It's tough to be just a humble terpin sometimes.   :wink:

Offline esoteric

« Reply #97: September 19, 2006, 09:41:59 PM »
]There are still some quality posts to be found there, though obviously there's nothing approaching the quality of the game threads here.  

I do like the fact that you can usually count on the same bunch of 'regulars' to make an appearance here every night...makes me feel like I've been remiss.  Okay, I'll be sure to kick it here for the next eleven games, unless it's absolutely impossible (read: unless my girlfriend is here...sadly she is not a baseball fan, though otherwise she's an angel).
You Better!  We've been missing you over here!   :cry:

Not as much as I've been missing the GUUUUUUZ this season!

Anybody want to speculate on what we're going to do with him?  Lopez seems like a keeper to me.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #98: September 19, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »

Sens, sometimes I feel like I'm catching it on all sides.  Blasphemous imitators on the one board, and 'neer trolls on the other one.  It's tough to be just a humble terpin sometimes.   :wink:
Yeah but you'll only get true happiness on WNFF.  Deep down you know it to be true.   :D

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #99: September 19, 2006, 09:43:53 PM »
Not as much as I've been missing the GUUUUUUZ this season!

Anybody want to speculate on what we're going to do with him?  Lopez seems like a keeper to me.
That needs to be a thread all into itself Eso!