Author Topic: Zach Houchins needs to shut up.  (Read 6004 times)

Offline RD

Re: Zach Houchins needs to shut up.
« Reply #25: June 10, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
It's interesting how much variation there is in our American culture. Just to get a little more clarification, would you use it on Twitter, not with a friend in an interpersonal exchange, but leave it out there for everyone to see?

Or maybe kids that are college age just don't realize that anything you ever wrote can follow you around, forever.

I dont have a twitter account, so Im not really familiar with how everything works. I know the basics though.

I saw his page for a minute but it wasn't anything too crazy IMO. It appears that most of his comments were directed at other people; friends. So yeah, I think it definitely makes sense there. If he's just making a statement about what he's up to or whatever, again, it's generally for his friends to see.

I definitely think he's being naive and not really thinking about the big picture here. This stuff gets out to everyone -the entire world. Being that he's 18, I think you can forgive him for that. I have friends in their late 20's that it still hasn't dawned on them about all this stuff. My best friend's sister put on facebook that she was pregnant before telling her brothers or family. Obviously a completely different situation - Just noting that some people like the attention of putting things out there and don't consider the value of saying things face to face(whether thats in person or over the phone). Its the way the world is right now.

He's got some growing up to do, but Im sure there are bigger issues involved with that than certain words he uses on twitter.