Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 173306 times)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #600: October 15, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »
Do you mean a pub? A brew pub would require that place to be doubled or tripled in size to fit the brewery part of the brew pub.

I've been running some Google searches on this and so far no hits, it might have been something I heard during the ballpark tour I took back in 2008, that the original plans for the Red Porch were to have it open year round and to have a brew pub at the park.  I'd never thought about the logistics of where they would stick the brewery, but they certainly have some room to expand the Porch outward.  They could also put the brewery in the seating area that used to be the Sony Playstation area and run tap lines over to the bars.  If it were my call, I'd put the brew kegs up on top of the Red Loft where the giant baseball was supposed to go.

Walking to the games last week past the new apartments that are shooting up I started thinking about the unfinished plans to open up the ballpark year round.  Imagine the business they could do with corporate Christmas parties.