Author Topic: Has it hit you yet?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Re: Has it hit you yet?
« Reply #25: October 02, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »
Has what hit me yet? The Senators in the Playoffs? Oh yeah right flashforward past the non-existent years and land in 2012. Nope it hasn't really hit me yet. It started to when we got the "in the playoffs" clinch, but this NL East #1 hasn't hit me full force yet.

Offline RL04

« Reply #26: October 03, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »
It may hit me when I'm watching the first Nationals playoff game is on TV.

It will certainly hit me when I'm at the stadium for game 3.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #27: October 03, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
It may hit me when I'm watching the first Nationals playoff game on TV.

^ This is probably when it will hit me.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #28: October 03, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
My dad took me to Senators games in the 60's...Del Unser, Brant Ayea, Tim Cullen, Mike Epstein, Hondo, Tom Casanova, Jim French, Dick Bosman, Jim King, Jim Hannah, Ken McMullen, Eddie Brinkman, Darryl Knowles, Arelio Rodriguez, Ed Stroud......it's amazing how you can remember childhood heroes. I hope there are young kids creating great memories now......and they are winning ones!

THIS!!!! Those were my heroes, too. Yeah they lost quite a few games but I was thrilled every time I got to see them play.  Don't forget about Fred Valentine, Chuck Hinton (psst...that is PAUL Casanova...not Tom), Pete Richert, Don Lock, Ken McMullen.  These Nats are making new memories for the kids today.  When they grow up and get to our ages, they will remember these guys as fondly as you and I remember our Senators.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #29: October 03, 2012, 05:07:22 PM »
I'm singing the Michael Jackson song - "Can you feel it - can you feel it - can you feel it". So cool to be winners, after all these years of ups and downs for this team - and especially for the fans-including me- who have been there the whole time- Holy Cow-What a great time this is for the Nats fans and the baseball team. Time To Relish Every Moment -THESE ARE KODAK MOMENTS, My Friends.....

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #30: October 03, 2012, 05:36:54 PM »
Now that the season is finally over it's starting to hit me. Opening night 2005 was special and I will never forget it. I still remember details about that night. How will Wednesday compare to that night? I guess it will depend on starting time but we have to meet up at some point before first pitch.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #31: October 03, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
I'm a little down that the regular season is over, even though there's playoffs to look forward to.

I love baseball season.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #32: October 03, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
It made me giddy today thinking about it.

Also, what the freak. I'm watching TBS and an MLB postseason commercial came on... The Nats were shown once... ONCE! Every other team was shown like 4-5 times.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #33: October 03, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
It made me giddy today thinking about it.

Also, what the freak. I'm watching TBS and an MLB postseason commercial came on... The Nats were shown once... ONCE! Every other team was shown like 4-5 times.

Nats have their own Postseason Montage, I've seen it a few times

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #34: October 03, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

Does each team have one? Cause what I'm referring to is just a commercial with all the postseason teams and various clips of them. Like the A's celebrating a walk off or Chris Davis hitting bombs or Yankee stadium... even Votto is shown like 4 times. But I think there's just one clip in the commercial of Harper hitting the ball.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #35: October 03, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »

The one they played at the stadium today was really awesome.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #36: October 03, 2012, 08:49:06 PM »
I mean again, I'm probably complaining to just complain, but we're the best team/best record in the majors and we get no respect!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #37: October 03, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »
Does each team have one? Cause what I'm referring to is just a commercial with all the postseason teams and various clips of them. Like the A's celebrating a walk off or Chris Davis hitting bombs or Yankee stadium... even Votto is shown like 4 times. But I think there's just one clip in the commercial of Harper hitting the ball.

I'm assuming everyone has one - but yeah, I've seen the one you're talking about and they show just Bryce.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #38: October 03, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »
Anyone have a picture of the Division pennant?