Poll

Which One?

15 (68.2%)
2 (9.1%)
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Favorite Nats Season So Far?  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: Favorite Nats Season So Far?
« Reply #50: December 14, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
What are you talking about? How could you know if next season is your favorite season so far? The question and its options make total sense and are complete. Most people seemed to understand the question....and answered.

Ken's answer: "My favorite season so far is next year."

Of course, and here's my equation...

favorite = most exciting
most exciting = none of the current 3
none of the current three = look to the future
look to the future = next year

Why would I choose 2005, a season that had a second half collapse my favorite. Would it because the 1st half the team was so exciting or more matter of fact, that they played way over their heads (win wise)? My answer, that's not gonna happen.

Why would I choose 2006, a season that even with a "so called" big bat in the lineup, still had the Nats dead last in most offensive categories? My answer, that's not gonna happen.

Why would I choose 2007, a season that saw 13 different pitchers start games, a season that had 2 of its regulars (3 if you count Patterson) out for all of or most of the season? My answer, that's not gonna happen.

The poll asks, what our favorite Nats season is so far... and so far, none of the choices offered was the right one for me. Since IMO the poll is incomplete, I added my choice of "Next Year"... If you don't like or agree with my choice then vote for one of the choices that are there. Critiquing me for my choice is just plain dumb.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #51: December 14, 2007, 04:05:41 PM »
The Nats first really exciting year, in reality will be the 2008 season.

You're an idiot if you think that there hasn't been an exciting season yet. I don't know what you think we got this offseason so far to make next season seem so much better than any of the past three either.

Eh, every conversation w/ you is pointless. No mas.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #52: December 14, 2007, 07:54:19 PM »
You're an idiot if you think that there hasn't been an exciting season yet. I don't know what you think we got this offseason so far to make next season seem so much better than any of the past three either.

Roles eyes... The appropriate word in the poll question is SEASON, not moments. If you think that any of the first 3 seasons in DC were exciting, then you must have been a baseball fan for a very short time. I didn't say and I'm not saying there haven't been exciting moments, because there have been plenty, but an entire season that can be considered exciting? Puh'lease... When the Nats are in the race right down to the lest week, or even the last weekend, THEN you will feel some incredible excitement and I promise you, what you think of as having been exciting over the past three years will pale in comparison. That season that I promise will come, will be the Washington Monument, (all 555 feet of it) compared to the last three years of telephone pole type seasons...

Now had the question been, "Which Nats season had the most favorite moments for you" then I would have chosen from the three, but that wasn't the question...

BTW, if you don't like my opinions, and that's all they are, then shove me on your ignore list and be done with it. And if you choose to not add me, then don't expect me to agree with you on every issue... The expression "No mas" around here has been for years associated with quitters (you can Google Roberta Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard with your No mas if you are clueless), so I guess your saying it means your Roberto Duran to my Sugar Ray Leonard. Hey, it works for me... :D

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #53: December 14, 2007, 07:56:49 PM »
I think the 2006 season was the best.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #54: December 14, 2007, 08:04:44 PM »
The first half of 2005 was glorious, the second half was chinese water torture.

I had more fun with 2007 overall, and it left the most favorable impression with me.  I know, 81>73, so sue me.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #55: December 14, 2007, 08:07:26 PM »
What I'm wondering is why people picked 2006. That was a dismal season.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #56: December 14, 2007, 08:09:54 PM »
What I'm wondering is why people picked 2006. That was a dismal season.

I loved that season. It wasn't great record-wise, but that was by far my favorite lineup. Many great moments that season, too. 2007 was the best on here, definitely. I was just really busy in 2005 :D

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #57: December 14, 2007, 08:14:18 PM »
I loved 2005, until late July rolled around :? 

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #58: December 14, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »
The first half of 2005 was glorious, the second half was chinese water torture.

I had more fun with 2007 overall, and it left the most favorable impression with me.  I know, 81>73, so sue me.

The 2007 season was the most fun of the first 3 in DC for me as well. It wasn't a great season in the won loss column, but it was fun. Why, because we got to see what a lot of guys could do in different situations, many times not a role they didn't start the season in. It was fun that Matt Chico survived the entire season, when some had him in the minors very early on. It was fun watching the merry go round in center field. It was fun watching the lineup cards to see who next would start for the Nats. It was fun watching Flores develop into a pretty good catcher. It was fun watching Ryan Zimmerman make the plays at third (not fun watching him throw to first base). It was fun speculating on who the Nats would trade and not trade at the deadline. It was fun watching Dmitri hit, then chug around first when he got a double. It was fun following the First year Player draft in June. It was fun watching the Nats top 20 selections being signed. It was fun, when the Nats made their 11th signings. Most of all, it was fun watching the "so called" experts eat their words.

It was by far the most fun season since the move to Washington so far, but as seasons go, it wasn't an exciting one... (sorry ronnynat)

nospinzone1

« Reply #59: December 15, 2007, 10:02:40 AM »
1954. THE YEAR I CAME TO THE STATES. MY FIRST BIG LEAGUE GAME. THE BEGINNING OF MY FRIENDSHIP WITH CAMILO PASCUAL. ALTHOUGH I ALREADY KNEW CONRADO MARRERO FROM THE WINTGER LEAGUE IN HAVANA IN 1953. GREAT YEARS OF MY YOUTH.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #60: December 15, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »
Sorry ronnynat, but I hated the '06 season.  Bad pitching makes me physically ill, and our staff was absolute atrocious.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #61: December 15, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »
Sorry ronnynat, but I hated the '06 season.  Bad pitching makes me physically ill, and our staff was absolute atrocious.

Yeah, but none of em were Bacsik :).

Understood, though.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #62: December 15, 2007, 11:51:57 PM »

I completely agree.  I could live with our young and inexperienced pitchers taking us out of the game early last year because at least they would get better and learn from mistakes.  The same can't be said for Ramon Ortiz, Pedro Astacio, etc.