Author Topic: Ovechkin now has his center  (Read 13478 times)

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
Ovechkin now has his center
« Reply #50: August 18, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Rangers suck.
:P

We shall see opening night. For Ovechkins sake I hope he doesn't run into Kasparitis

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #51: August 18, 2006, 12:46:55 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
Rangers suck.

We shall see opening night. For Ovechkins sake I hope he doesn't run into Kasparitis (Image removed from quote.)

Ovechkin would demolish him. Kasparitis is washed up and Ovechkin would have 0 problem going around or through him. :lol:

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #52: August 18, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »
Rangers suck.

We shall see opening night. For Ovechkins sake I hope he doesn't run into Kasparitis (Image removed from quote.)

Ovechkin would demolish him. Kasparitis is washed up and Ovechkin would have 0 problem going around or through him. :lol:

OOOOoo you are so wrong, Kasparitis would check Ovechkin through the glass if need be.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #53: August 18, 2006, 02:06:05 PM »
No one could even hit Ovechkin last year without hurting themselves :P

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #54: August 20, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »
No one could even hit Ovechkin last year without hurting themselves :P

Well, you'll see it's a new era for people and hitting Ovechkin

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #55: August 21, 2006, 06:45:27 PM »
DirtDog, I'm beginning to think you're cphcky from the Caps' boards, with all the emotions and such.
And I guess you didn't hear, they signed Pothier and Brashear, as well as trading for Zednik.

Meh...Zednik is a barely a top 6 forward..Pothier is at best a top 4 d but he's going to be a n#2 d on the caps. :lol:

I'm a better hockey player then Donald...but he's 10 times the fighter I am. Atleast, someone will defend AO if he's in trouble.

Though, caps will need to sign a guy with elite level skills ( the ufa's core will be strong next year). Poor AO.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #56: August 22, 2006, 11:14:47 AM »
I used to be an Isles fan and loved Kasparaitis. I live down here now and like the Caps.

Ovechkin could run over Kasparaitis if he wanted too. Plenty of guys went after Ovechkin and got the worst of it.  If Kasparaitis went after Ovechkin, Ovechkin would take it in stride.

The only two guys to bounce off an Ovechkin hit were Chara and Doug Murray of the Sharks.  Doug Murray is basically a no name (he went to my college) but he is 6'3" and rock solid.  He doesnt move too well, so he just just kinda planted in when Ovechkin went after him two or three times.  It was basically a draw.  It was funny because after the first time, Ovechkin got frustrated and kept trying with limited success.  He got his chances because Murray doesnt necessarily move well.

Last year Ovechkin's goals became commonplace and I just wanted to see him lay people out.

If you have time, go to Google Video and look up Ovechkin, there are a couple montages that show people who tried to hit Ovechkin and wish they didnt

« Reply #57: August 22, 2006, 12:24:32 PM »
Somewhat off topic here but I've noticed a lot of people from the Caps board have found their way over here.  How exactly did they find this site?  They have been a blessing to have around (most of them) and I am just curious.

Oh and one more thing....

CAPS f'n rule.

ChestRockwell

« Reply #58: August 22, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Somewhat off topic here but I've noticed a lot of people from the Caps board have found their way over here.  How exactly did they find this site?  They have been a blessing to have around (most of them) and I am just curious.

Oh and one more thing....

CAPS f'n rule.

a poster here and on the caps board, pointed out to us that a troll that frequents the Caps boards was posting over here.

So I came over to pester her.  hi caphcky!

also being a Nats fan, I had no idea this board existed, so it's double bonus for me.

edit- also if you are interested in what caps poster think of this d!ickweed may I suggest checking out this link http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39732

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #59: August 22, 2006, 01:28:23 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
I used to be an Isles fan and loved Kasparaitis. I live down here now and like the Caps.

Ovechkin could run over Kasparaitis if he wanted too. Plenty of guys went after Ovechkin and got the worst of it.  If Kasparaitis went after Ovechkin, Ovechkin would take it in stride.

The only two guys to bounce off an Ovechkin hit were Chara and Doug Murray of the Sharks.  Doug Murray is basically a no name (he went to my college) but he is 6'3" and rock solid.  He doesnt move too well, so he just just kinda planted in when Ovechkin went after him two or three times.  It was basically a draw.  It was funny because after the first time, Ovechkin got frustrated and kept trying with limited success.  He got his chances because Murray doesnt necessarily move well.

Last year Ovechkin's goals became commonplace and I just wanted to see him lay people out.

If you have time, go to Google Video and look up Ovechkin, there are a couple montages that show people who tried to hit Ovechkin and wish they didnt

I've seen the videos and he is impressive, but if Kasper decides he's running someone over, its over.

DirtDogBaseball

« Reply #60: August 22, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »
Are we talking about Kasparaitis? Run over AO?
You must have him mixed up with Steve Kasper....but he's retired
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ChestRockwell

« Reply #61: August 22, 2006, 02:05:41 PM »
over 4 minutes of beautiful hits

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #62: August 22, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »
Ovechkin knocked over Chara, The disease has no chance.

« Reply #63: August 22, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
Quote from: "hi caphcky!"
over 4 minutes of beautiful hits

Damn that was a thing of beauty.....should win an Oscar.

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #64: August 22, 2006, 04:58:33 PM »
Oh boy I cannot wait until you are all proven wrong. Kasper will OWN AO

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nBBPz0ew27o

« Reply #65: August 22, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »

Nice hit....but only one.  :wink:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #66: August 23, 2006, 11:16:54 PM »

Was that hip check the best you could come up with? Pretty weak case

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #67: August 24, 2006, 12:44:04 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"

Was that hip check the best you could come up with? Pretty weak case

If only youtube had the greatest Kasparaitis moments of all time, you'll see. I'm tellin you guys just WAIT, October 5th you will see where the true power of the Eastern Conference lies, in the hands of the New York Rangers

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #68: August 24, 2006, 04:02:56 PM »
Go watch any Ovechkin youtube. His hit highlights are better than any of Disease's, and he's only 21.

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #69: August 24, 2006, 05:42:43 PM »
Go watch any Ovechkin youtube. His hit highlights are better than any of Disease's, and he's only 21.

Obviously, no one cares about Kasper, but I'm telling you, if they run into each other, Kasper (the friendliest checker) would show Ovechkin whose boss, and it won't be Tony Danza

Wish I had photoshop so i could put Kasp there  :cry:

« Reply #70: August 24, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »
Let's just say when Little Ole Kasper takes a step onto Caps home ice, he is entering a world of hurt.  Ovechkin is going to school him and welcome him to the....

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #71: August 24, 2006, 08:21:56 PM »
I'm willing to put a $150 of monopoly money on the opening game.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #72: August 24, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
on what? that the caps or rangers will win, or that the AO will dominate Disease?
I'd take either, lol.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #73: August 24, 2006, 09:01:39 PM »
I'm willing to put a $150 of monopoly money on the opening game. (Image removed from quote.)

:lol:

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #74: August 24, 2006, 11:57:06 PM »
on what? that the caps or rangers will win, or that the AO will dominate Disease?
I'd take either, lol.

BOTH! LOL  :lol: