Author Topic: Am I crazy or are FP and Bob developing some chemistry?  (Read 6010 times)

Offline Busta Mimes

• I'll Ram the hell out of you
Otherwise, they are better than about 2/3 of the other broadcasting teams around the league. MLB Extra certainly gives a sample of the poor, the worse, and the intolerable..."He Gone" Hawk, for instance.

This.  I've probably heard almost all the broadcast teams through MLBEI.  Our team does fine by me.  Giants' Kruk and Kuip are ok.  I like the Mets' 3 man group.  Gary Thorne is great.  Dick Enberg does the Padres' PBP, but he took the Nats' series off.  He's enjoyable.  Red Sox Jerry Remy is so hilarious. D-Backs team w/ Mark Grace is grating.

Offline GOON

I miss Dibble.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Don't they show us a different game on MLB Network if MASN is covering the Nats game?

Yes they do.

I miss Dibble too.  I watched the Dodgers broadcast Saturday on MLB.TV and listened to the great Vin Scully. 

Offline mach1ne

Yes they do.

Mine just showed a blank screen and said the game was on another channel, but I miss Dibble too. The guy was entertaining if nothing else. FP is boring and talks about himself way too much.

Offline OldNatsFan

Dibbs has his own Fox Sports radio show during the night time during the week, I think from like 10-1 a.m. on the east.
Thanks, I will see if I can find him there.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I miss Dibble too. The guy was entertaining if nothing else. FP is boring and talks about himself way too much.

I think I prefer that to Dibble's abrasive and talks about himself too much.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
i liked Dibble and hated to see him go, but I've come to like FP as well.  Bob still gets a little irritating from time to time.  FP's self-deprecating humor is enjoyable.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

Mine just showed a blank screen and said the game was on another channel, but I miss Dibble too. The guy was entertaining if nothing else. FP is boring and talks about himself way too much.

How in the world can you say you miss Dibble in one sentence and in the very next say you don't like FP because he talks about himself too much?  All Dibble did was talk about himself. 

Offline NatsTheFats

Carpenter's 2013 contract TBD.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

WASHINGTON -- Nationals play-by-play announcer Bob Carpenter is in the last year of his contract with Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, and it's not known if he will be back with the team for the 2013 season.

According to a baseball source, the Nationals and MASN have told Carpenter they will not talk about a contract until after the postseason. Carpenter declined to comment about his future with the club.

Carpenter has been with the Nationals since 2006 and is known for the catch phrase, "See -- you -- later," whenever a Nationals player hits a home run.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120923&content_id=38887136&notebook_id=38891094&vkey=notebook_was&c_id=was

Offline Gleason2

I know that not all of the fans love BC (although I happen to like him quite a bit), but I'm not sure what the Nationals are looking for if they don't want him back.  I hope that they re-sign him.  He seems like a first class guy and it's quite possible that his replacement won't be as good.

Offline NatsTheFats

Dibble?

Justing kidding.  Bwahaha.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Pretty much the same thing he went through last year, as well.

Offline NatsTheFats

I wish they would can both Carp and FP and sync the tv broadcast with Charlie and Dave.

Offline NatsTheFats

If they did that, I wouldn't have to do it manually....

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I wish they would can both Carp and FP and sync the tv broadcast with the Charlie and Dave.

It wouldn't work well.

On radio you have to paint the picture... that's too much talking for TV where you need to let the game do the talking.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
I know that not all of the fans love BC (although I happen to like him quite a bit), but I'm not sure what the Nationals are looking for if they don't want him back.  I hope that they re-sign him.  He seems like a first class guy and it's quite possible that his replacement won't be as good.

I think he's fine. He's pretty enthusiastic and works well with FP. And as you said, I'm afraid the replacement for Bob would be worse than Bob. AND, if you don't enjoy them the radio guys are awesome alternatives.

Some examples of his good enthusiasm (Cherry picked, of course!): http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24968879&topic_id=11493214&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_24968879&v=3

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24570215&topic_id=vtp_must_c&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_24570215&v=3

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24570219&topic_id=vtp_must_c&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_24570219&v=3

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23719217&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_23719217&v=3

At least some of the announcer's I've heard (though I admit it's not many) just don't seem into the game. Bob always does. I say keep him!

Offline Clever

When I watch other teams highlights, I think, "Wait, their commentator doesn't animatedly yell after a double?"

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Bob does seem to suffer from premature homerunlation.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Hire Charlie & Dave (together) if they want their future to be in television. I prefer them where they are, but if they want to be on TV another team is going to snag one of them before too long.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Bob does seem to suffer from premature homerunlation.

I'd rather have that than have someone who doesn't "homerunlation" at all! I get excited like that at the park too :lol:

Hire Charlie & Dave (together) if they want their future to be in television. I prefer them where they are, but if they want to be on TV another team is going to snag one of them before too long.

Have they stated that they want to do TV work? Because I would absolutely HATE to lose either one of them, they work perfectly together.

Offline Ray D

Thorne is one of the best lead guys in the business.   

Thorne has the most annoying voice in all of sports. And is he the jerkoff that refuses to participate in the joint broadcast?

Offline Kevrock

Have they stated that they want to do TV work? Because I would absolutely HATE to lose either one of them, they work perfectly together.

Not to me. :lol: But MASN should find out. That pair needs to stay in DC forever.

Otherwise, I'm fine with Carpenter. He needs to spend this off-season watching film of fly balls, though.

Offline Ray D

Good radio doesn't always translate to good TV. See Jon Miller.

Offline Kevrock

They're perfect for radio, but it's not like their voices, chemistry, and knowledge of baseball will all change when they get put on TV.