Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 35219 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Topic Start: April 27, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
Game Time: 7:05 PM
Venue: Citizens Bank Park
TV: MASN HD
Radio: WFED 1500, SBN 1390, ESPN 730, XM 184

(4-13)

Shairon Martis
2-0, 4.11 ERA

(2B) Anderson Hernandez
(1B) Nick Johnson
(3B) Ryan Zimmerman
(LF) Adam Dunn
(CF) Elijah Dukes
(RF) Austin Kearns
(SC) Jesus Flores
(SS) Alberto Gonzales
(SP) Shairon Martis

(9-8) 

Joe Blanton
0-2, 7.31 ERA

Jimmy Rollins (SS)
Shane Victorino (CF)
Chase Utley (2B)
Ryan Howard (1B)
Jayson Werth (RF)
Raul Ibanez (LF)
Greg Dobbs (3B)
Lou Marson (SC)
Joe Blanton (SP)
                                    Lineups Posted

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #1: April 27, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »
Did Flores play on Saturday?  Seems odd that he played yesterday afternoon and tonight.

I have an extra $100- kicking around and I thought about picking up MLB.tv, but after Friday and Saturday, I think I'll resist for now.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2: April 27, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
Did Flores play on Saturday?  Seems odd that he played yesterday afternoon and tonight.

I have an extra $100- kicking around and I thought about picking up MLB.tv, but after Friday and Saturday, I think I'll resist for now.

Nieves got a terrible start on Sat. - so the day game before the night game means EXTRA rest.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #3: April 27, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »
Nieves got a terrible start on Sat. - so the day game before the night game means EXTRA rest.

Makes sense then.  I just wanted to make sure Flores wasn't getting overworked.  The Mets guys were saying he had a helluva series during yesterday's game.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #4: April 27, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
2k6 if we lose, i blame you 8) hehe jk!  but i did get the win yesterday and am 1-0 at starting gameday threads this year. 

hopefully one of harris/guzman is ready to go tonight.  we need to get rid of cintron ASAP.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #5: April 27, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »

yeah nieves started saturday but contributed nothing whatsoever.  he's 0-for-on the season and he's now making errors.  we really need to get a new backup catcher as nieves isn't looking anything like the catcher of last year, instead he's playing like a AAAA retread bum.  please get rid of him.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #6: April 27, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »
yeah nieves started saturday but contributed nothing whatsoever.  he's 0-for-on the season and he's now making errors.  we really need to get a new backup catcher as nieves isn't looking anything like the catcher of last year, instead he's playing like a AAAA retread bum.  please get rid of him.

Isn't that why we got Bard?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #7: April 27, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
Isn't that why we got Bard?

u would think.  he's batting .333 in AAA ... bring him back up!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #8: April 27, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »

nieves has always been absolutely terrible, last year was just a fluke because he  got more PT and was on the worst team in baseball

sadly i'm not sure bard is any better

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #9: April 27, 2009, 12:25:25 PM »
I hardly think the offensive production of the backup catcher is a pressing concern right now.  Defense is what we need from the backup, not one extra hit per week, and Nieves is solid behind the plate.  From what I've heard, Bard is a terrible catcher.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #10: April 27, 2009, 12:38:59 PM »
I hardly think the offensive production of the backup catcher is a pressing concern right now.  Defense is what we need from the backup, not one extra hit per week, and Nieves is solid behind the plate.  From what I've heard, Bard is a terrible catcher.

agree to disagree.  if it's dealing with a member of our 25-man roster, i think it's important.  what if flores were to get hurt?  we couldn't rely on nieves to be an everyday catcher.  bard has better offensive numbers, but hasn't been great defensively (although nats pitchers have remarked that they are fans of his game calling).

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #11: April 27, 2009, 12:56:13 PM »
Martis has been money...i expect that to continue in Philly. we'll own Blanton...he's a bum. i think there's a strong chance that Dukes activates beast mode big time tonight.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #12: April 27, 2009, 01:04:23 PM »
Martis has been money...i expect that to continue in Philly. we'll own Blanton...he's a bum. i think there's a strong chance that Dukes activates beast mode big time tonight.

There's actually a strong chance Dukes gets demoted before tonight.  He's been activating "punk" mode lately.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #13: April 27, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
JMax earned a start.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #14: April 27, 2009, 01:08:03 PM »
There's actually a strong chance Dukes gets demoted before tonight.  He's been activating "punk" mode lately.

hahahahahaha :rofl:

i'm sure dukes will be back out there tonight.  when harris/guzman come back i want to see cintron go down and not sure who the other should be.  i want to see more of maxwell that's for sure.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #15: April 27, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
hahahahahaha :rofl:

i'm sure dukes will be back out there tonight.  when harris/guzman come back i want to see cintron go down and not sure who the other should be.  i want to see more of maxwell that's for sure.

It pains me to say it because I was buying into the Dukes hype (and really he'd been playing well), but the errors and the refusal to talk to the media makes me think, "here we go.....again...."

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #16: April 27, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »
It pains me to say it because I was buying into the Dukes hype (and really he'd been playing well), but the errors and the refusal to talk to the media makes me think, "here we go.....again...."

Can't say I blame him for not wanting to talk to ANYBODY after the errors this weekend but that's not an excuse and doesn't get you points with management.

Thought I read that harris/guz will be back for this series, sure will be nice to see them back in the line-up

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #17: April 27, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »
He seemed in good spirits yesterday in the dugout the couple of times I saw him in a shot.  Joking around and stuff.  I think he'll be fine.  I'm expecting him to be back in the lineup today.  If the poor play continues the next couple of days I'll be concerned but that Saturday game was all sorts of awful and I'm sure he was beyond embarassed by it. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #18: April 27, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »
He seemed in good spirits yesterday in the dugout the couple of times I saw him in a shot.  Joking around and stuff.  I think he'll be fine.  I'm expecting him to be back in the lineup today.  If the poor play continues the next couple of days I'll be concerned but that Saturday game was all sorts of awful and I'm sure he was beyond embarassed by it. 

Dukes had our 2 lone RBIs. the dropped ball was embarrassing and deflating, but he bounced back nicely with the bat.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #19: April 27, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
he had our 2 lone RBIs. the dropped ball was embarrassing and deflating, but he bounced back nicely with the bat.

yeah he came through with the bat but really put us in a hole early on in the game w/ that play.  he'll be fine and i'm 111% sure will be in the line-up tonight.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #20: April 27, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »
Dukes had our 2 lone RBIs. the dropped ball was embarrassing and deflating, but he bounced back nicely with the bat.
For all intenst and purposes, the game was lost on that play.  he makes the catch, it's a whole different ball game.  It's nice for my fantasy team he got the 2 rbi's but they were fairly inconsequential to the outcome of the game.  The catch wasn't.  He was skewered by every NY, Washington and National media outlet and basically thrown under the bus by his manager.  Don't go wading through the mud and tell me you kept your hat clean.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #21: April 27, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »
Did anyone notice that Johnson will not be batting second according to the unofficial line up. If that is true Acta should be fired on the spot. NJ is our most productive player and you don't mess unless it is broken. I don't care if Hernandez and Gonzalez are batting 7 & 8.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #22: April 27, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »
Did anyone notice that Johnson will not be batting second according to the unofficial line up. If that is true Acta should be fired on the spot. NJ is our most productive player and you don't mess unless it is broken. I don't care if Hernandez and Gonzalez are batting 7 & 8.

I agree, if NJ is not batting 2nd Rizzo should go down to the clubhouse, punch Manny in the face, kick him in the balls, and fire him.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #23: April 27, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »
that is not the real lineup. pay no mind to it

Offline nyexpofan

« Reply #24: April 27, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
on the washington post, they are showing a diff lineup (hernandez, johnson, zimm, dunn, dukes, kearns, flores, gonzo and martis)