Author Topic: Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler out for the season  (Read 889 times)

Offline sportsfan882

The Wizards' season is now over..  :hang:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Yeop...too bad too because they were destined for greatness this year.  The DC Sports curse is alive and well.

Offline UMDNats

Yea Bobcats!
2-0 vs the Zards this week.

At least now I don't have to hear about the Wizards in the playoffs. They were on the way to a loss at some point in the playoffs, whether it be by Chicago or Detroit or Miami. Their season was over a while ago. Now they'll have 4 playoff games and out, the way I was hoping it would be. Then I don't have to hear about the g-d NBA and the ZARDS anymore.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Why do you hate the Wizards Nats19?

Offline PC

The Wizards are in the WORST possible position!

They can't lose enough games to miss the playoffs and get into the lottery.  The Wizards are 7 games ahead of the 9th place Pacers with 8 games left for both teams.  The Wizards would have to lose every game (possible) and the Pacers would have to win every game (no chance in hell) in order for the Wizards to miss the playoffs.

So the Wizards are destined to make the playoffs and, therefore, not be in the lottery and be swept in the first round.   >:(

Offline UMDNats

Why do you hate the Wizards Nats19?

I hate the NBA in general. It's by far the worst of the 4 professional leagues. Games are just as boring as baseball games (but baseball games are more about the experience, and everyone likes just chillin at the ballpark) and the players dont care about their teams. It's over-hyped, the players are babies, the officials are almost as bad as the NHL, and if Stern didn't put Bettman as comm. of the NHL the NHL would be way ahead of the NBA. The NBA gets all the hype from ESPN but it is terrible to watch. College bball is sweet as the players actually care. But in the NBA the players all try to act all gansta and are just babies on the court, crying for fouls at the lightest contact. Football and hockey players are 100000x tougher than basketball players and actually care about their teams and winning, not just the money as shown in the NBA. The NBA playoffs are also the WORST in the four major leagues as they are boring and there is no real emotion and the only time anything intresting happens is when theres a last second shot. I've never seen such a terrible league get so much love and hype. And people try to say all these bball players come from bad backgrounds and all are from the "hood," when that is really not true. They try to play that off as a big deal but a lot of the players are somewhat stable. Also, they try to act like Dwayne Wade is so tough and whatever. BS. Sure falling on the court hurts but come back to me when you are in the corners battling for a puck against a guy twice your size. Or when he is trying to find some running room in the snow vs a great defense.

Now for the Wizards I've been calling them overrated all year. "Hibachi" is a very good player but takes a lot of bad shots and sometimes talks way too much trash for his own good (see portland 9-point outing). I love to laugh at them struggle, because it means less Post coverage and possibly more Caps coverage (once they're good). Also, Abe Pollin sucks and I wish he would get out of owning any DC teams. I'm an NBA hater first and don't hate the Zards but just despise them. Plus at the beginning of the year a Post writer called Arenas the one and only superstar in DC when anyone who acknowledges the Caps sees that Ovechkin is 10x the talent Arenas is. Arenas takes, like I said, a lot of bad shots and has a lot of bad games to counterbalance his great games, but people barely mention when he has a bad game.

Offline sportsfan882

I hate the NBA in general. It's by far the worst of the 4 professional leagues. Games are just as boring as baseball games (but baseball games are more about the experience, and everyone likes just chillin at the ballpark) and the players dont care about their teams. It's over-hyped, the players are babies, the officials are almost as bad as the NHL, and if Stern didn't put Bettman as comm. of the NHL the NHL would be way ahead of the NBA. The NBA gets all the hype from ESPN but it is terrible to watch. College bball is sweet as the players actually care. But in the NBA the players all try to act all gansta and are just babies on the court, crying for fouls at the lightest contact. Football and hockey players are 100000x tougher than basketball players and actually care about their teams and winning, not just the money as shown in the NBA. The NBA playoffs are also the WORST in the four major leagues as they are boring and there is no real emotion and the only time anything intresting happens is when theres a last second shot. I've never seen such a terrible league get so much love and hype. And people try to say all these bball players come from bad backgrounds and all are from the "hood," when that is really not true. They try to play that off as a big deal but a lot of the players are somewhat stable. Also, they try to act like Dwayne Wade is so tough and whatever. BS. Sure falling on the court hurts but come back to me when you are in the corners battling for a puck against a guy twice your size. Or when he is trying to find some running room in the snow vs a great defense.

Now for the Wizards I've been calling them overrated all year. "Hibachi" is a very good player but takes a lot of bad shots and sometimes talks way too much trash for his own good (see portland 9-point outing). I love to laugh at them struggle, because it means less Post coverage and possibly more Caps coverage (once they're good). Also, Abe Pollin sucks and I wish he would get out of owning any DC teams. I'm an NBA hater first and don't hate the Zards but just despise them. Plus at the beginning of the year a Post writer called Arenas the one and only superstar in DC when anyone who acknowledges the Caps sees that Ovechkin is 10x the talent Arenas is. Arenas takes, like I said, a lot of bad shots and has a lot of bad games to counterbalance his great games, but people barely mention when he has a bad game.

I completely agree that the NBA is the worst of all professional (and college) sports. I'd much rather watch a college basketball game.  For the most part, the only NBA games I watch are the Wizards' games.  The Wiz are definitely one of the most entertaining teams in the NBA.  Ovechkin will get his day in the sun when the Caps are good again (if that happens when he is still here).  AO doesn't have 10 times the amount of talent as Arenas anyways.  He is a great player but how many times has he taken his team to the playoffs? Gilbert has lead the Wiz to 3 playoff appearances counting this season.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
The Wizards season is NOT over, they'll just be big underdogs going into the playoffs.  Hey, you never know...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
It's been so long since Washington basketball has been dominant...I'm glad things have turned around and I hope they continue to improve until they can bring the second championship trophy to Verizon Center.  Before Eddie Jordon came...it was just one loser season after another.