Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1 (Strasburg debut)  (Read 20841 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Interesting analysis given from a caller to XM-175 about Strasburg and something to watch tonight.  The caller (from the Syracuse area) attended both of the games that Strasburg lost while at Syracuse and said that while she'd love to be wrong about it, Strasburg may, "struggle while pitching from the stretch."  She attributed it to his lack of experience pitching from the stretch but it's something to watch tonight.  

For those watching, see if you can keep track of his velocity and location while in the stretch vs. in the wind up.  

Of course, we are talking about the Pirates here...  :lol:

Offline imref

Offline Section214

its too bad the shirts are so lame... that one and the I love you when you sucked ones are funny but the look of the overall shirt is garbage...

Offline Grandstander

Should have taken the day off. I feel like I should be pre-gaming for this  :lol: There have to be a few other Nats fans congregating in the city for this. Wish I knew some.

:woop: :cheers:

Howdy! :cheers:

Still trying to figure out where I should go to watch this as I'm not watching it on crappy MASN 2 with no HD.

Offline nats2playoffs

's on-field interview of Nationals' manager, Jim Riggleman, about Strasburg's debut:

[Laughing] "I feel like I'm talking about a horse starting in the Kentucky Derby!"

Offline UMDNats

Awesome new image at the top, Chief.

I can't believe it's his debut. Seems like just yesterday we were praying we'd draft him, then praying we'd sign him, then watching him in the AFL...and seems like just yesterday I saw him in Spring Training.

Have had a pretty terrible day so far, so a great start AND win by Strasburg is much appreciated.

Offline UMDNats

Interesting analysis given from a caller to XM-175 about Strasburg and something to watch tonight.  The caller (from the Syracuse area) attended both of the games that Strasburg lost while at Syracuse and said that while she'd love to be wrong about it, Strasburg may, "struggle while pitching from the stretch."  She attributed it to his lack of experience pitching from the stretch but it's something to watch tonight. 

For those watching, see if you can keep track of his velocity and location while in the stretch vs. in the wind up. 

Of course, we are talking about the Pirates here...  :lol:

Why would he ever pitch from the stretch? He's a lock for a perfect game tonight.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Three hours folks.

Are you ready?

NO, I SAID, 'ARE YOU RRRRREADYYYYYY?????!!!?!??!'

Then, for the thousands in attendance, for the millions watching around the globe....and for the Pittsburgh Pirates....who by the way have sucked for a much longer time than the Nats have even existed..........

LLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO SSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUCK IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline imref

shot of the park around 2:00.  Baseball Tonight set up on the right, MLB network on the left.

From Nationals Journal

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
have you seen an increase of people signing up for accounts this week?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
(Image removed from quote.)'s on-field interview of Nationals' manager, Jim Riggleman, about Strasburg's debut:

[Laughing] "I feel like I'm talking about a horse starting in the Kentucky Derby!"

(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

PERFECT picture for my new game day avatar :evil:

:worship: N2P

Offline The Chief

have you seen an increase of people signing up for accounts this week?

13 so far this month (1 week + thus far today) vs 35 last month and 47 in April, so...  not really.

Offline DPMOmaha

What's the all-time high of people on the board at once?  I'd imagine we'll beat it sometime this evening.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
It's beginning to look a lot like Strasmas.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
What's the all-time high of people on the board at once?  I'd imagine we'll beat it sometime this evening.

Most Online Ever: 348 (March 18, 2008, 09:30:47 AM)

Offline UMDNats

I AM SO EXCITED

Offline The Chief

Hard to say, really.  "Most Online Today: 91. Most Online Ever: 348 (March 18, 2008, 09:30:47 AM) "

According to the board logs.  Unfortuantely that includes guests, and guests often include web crawlers, bots, spammers, etc. so it isn't really representative of how many actual bodies were online.  Unfortunately the board doesn't log how many registered members are online at once.  That's partially the reason I added "users logged in today" at the bottom of the main page.

I can tell you that we've already had 50% more traffic (in terms of data) today than we typically have in most full 24-hour days.  There have also already been about as many registered users online as there typically are throughout the course of a full day.

Offline bklynnats

Howdy! :cheers:

Still trying to figure out where I should go to watch this as I'm not watching it on crappy MASN 2 with no HD.

Another New Yorker? :cheers: Or are you in DC?

Up here in NY, I know there's a Redskins bar close to midtown called Red Sky, but I'm not sure if they're an all-around DC sports bar. I don't think so. I'm debating going to a bar close to home, but if I can't drag any friends out, might as well just grab a six pack and watch it at home. Cheaper :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I liked the peeping Stras :lol:

Well, I couldn't figure out how to get my home computer set up to tunnel traffic to my home computer to get around my job's fascist new filter, so I've gotta find a spot to hide my iPhone (cellphones prohibited in the facility) so that I can connect it to my little stereo and stream the audio over the 3G connection.  :pray: my battery holds out and the audio quality is acceptable :nervous:

Offline nats2playoffs

Ken Burns (PBS' The Civil War, Baseball) is throwing out the first pitch for Strasburg's debut.  He's being interviewed on Comcast Sports' Washington Post Live NOW.  He said that he was scheduled some time ago, and nobody knew that Strasburg was going to have his debut at the time.  

Asked about how well he'll throw out the first pitch, Burns smiled and replied, "I don't want to show up Strasburg."

Ken Burns

Offline Potomac Cannons

Park is crazy already.  Concourse is packed and lines at CF gate are Strasdiculous.  Had a BP HR caught two rows in front of my seat.

Happy Stras Year!

It's a new Strasllineum!

Offline Potomac Cannons

Strasoltov!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Strasalicious!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Strasnificent!