Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 3  (Read 11665 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 3
« Reply #175: July 21, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »
Fantastic afternoon of baseball amid pretty good weather with 31,674 in the house - our fourth-best home turn-out of the season (trailing only Opening Day, the Fourth of July and the Saturday Cleveland match)...tight, crisp pitchers' duel with edge-of-the-seat excitement from first to last, the way baseball should be!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #176: July 21, 2007, 09:41:57 PM »
Oh what excitement, Mock BacSICK is pitching...

LOL, I went to the game today, and the first inning, this is exactly what I was thinking.  He was awful, but lucky.  Then, he settled down, and it was his best imitation of Greg Maddux out there.  A fine effort by Mike, and the bullpen, which has just been awesome lately.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #177: July 21, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
LOL, I went to the game today, and the first inning, this is exactly what I was thinking.  He was awful, but lucky.  Then, he settled down, and it was his best imitation of Greg Maddux out there.  A fine effort by Mike, and the bullpen, which has just been awesome lately.

Yeah, he did well, and he was backed up by some excellent Defense.

The crowd filled out nicely. Unfortunately, the schedule seemed to throw off some folks. After the game, I walked over to catch some dinner and some folks at the table next to us were 20-game ticket-holder, but thought it was a 7pm game. So we had to break the news that they had missed the game just as they were leaving their table to go to the park. I'll bet there were others.

I'd actually like more 4pm games. That worked out nicely.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #178: July 21, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »
Yeah, he did well, and he was backed up by some excellent Defense.

The crowd filled out nicely. Unfortunately, the schedule seemed to throw off some folks. After the game, I walked over to catch some dinner and some folks at the table next to us were 20-game ticket-holder, but thought it was a 7pm game. So we had to break the news that they had missed the game just as they were leaving their table to go to the park. I'll bet there were others.

So they knew the date but not the time? That's strange. Even still the game ended at 6:30 so by the time you got to the restaurant and all of this happened it had to be after 7 so they would've been late anyway.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #179: July 21, 2007, 11:11:32 PM »

So they knew the date but not the time? That's strange. Even still the game ended at 6:30 so by the time you got to the restaurant and all of this happened it had to be after 7 so they would've been late anyway.

Yeah, it was right at around 7 and they were in the middle of saying goodbye to the others in their party so, they would have missed the first inning, but not much more. I'm sure it was one of those things where they grabbed the tix and planned to have dinner with friends heading up to the game. They saw Nats fans filing in and then realized something was up. Nothing for them to do but look at their tickets, shake their heads, and then sit back down and order another margarita.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #180: July 22, 2007, 06:26:20 AM »
[...]

So would I - in fact yesterday's match is the only pre-19.00 Saturday first pitch of the entire Nats season. Rather enjoyable actually, heading back home while it's still light after quite a good performance.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #181: July 22, 2007, 09:46:02 AM »
I loved the 4:00pm start, but normally in July / August, it would the hottest possible time to have a game, just brutal.  We were lucky with the weather yesterday (and today).

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #182: July 22, 2007, 09:56:24 AM »
I loved the 4:00pm start, but normally in July / August, it would the hottest possible time to have a game, just brutal.  We were lucky with the weather yesterday (and today).

By just after midgame, the sun had creeped back behind the stadium so it wasn't beating down as badly on the 3B side. The games that go 1:30-4:30 are hitting the heat of the day around the second inning, and the sun beats down for the whole game. Of course, if you are in RC field, you are going to get baked.

Yesterday did provide some nice cloud cover and breeze to go along with it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #183: July 22, 2007, 10:06:02 AM »
By just after midgame, the sun had creeped back behind the stadium so it wasn't beating down as badly on the 3B side. The games that go 1:30-4:30 are hitting the heat of the day around the second inning, and the sun beats down for the whole game. Of course, if you are in RC field, you are going to get baked.

Yesterday did provide some nice cloud cover and breeze to go along with it.

It was really comfortable in my seats whole game.  Two women arrived while I was out doing my laps around the stadium, and took up one of my seats.  (I didn't bother them since there were plenty of open ones around us).  They had been seated around center field and had just been baking, hot sun and little breeze.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #184: July 22, 2007, 11:00:43 AM »
My seat is under cover (311/14/1) so once I'm in my seat I'm out of the direct sunlight - however I'm going to have to get used to direct sunlight next season (and invest in a job lot of SPF45 sun-block), moving to Infield Gallery since the undercover seats at the new ground are a bit pricey; fortunately I'm used to direct sunlight since my DC United seat is in the open, as is my Redskins seat at FedEx.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #185: July 22, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
BANG!

....................................... ..............ZOOM!

NATIONALS

....................................... ...............WIN!!!