Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)  (Read 190108 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium
« Reply #1700: October 23, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
question: What level Nats player do you think would appreciate getting recognized in public.  Like a guy like Lombardozzi.  Especially given his size, I'm guessing he can go out and avoid notice most of the time.  So if I saw him I'd most definitely probably go up and say hey.  But a guy like Harper I'd probably just let him stand in peace.  Am I over thinking this? 

it probably depends on the player and the situation.  We had a brush with celebrity last summer, we were at a small museum on long island and we ran into Paul Giamatti who was there with his son.  Like a dork, I asked him if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with my son (he was chatting with some of the other visitors at the time).  He was very nice about it, I quickly snapped the picture, said thanks, and moved on.  We saw him a few more times over the next hour and just smiled and walked by.  As we were leaving some uber-dork wouldn't leave him alone and kept talking to him when it was obvious he just wanted to be left alone.  I guess I could have been a jerk and asked him about Pete Rose (instead of the usual questions he probably gets about wine).