Author Topic: Running thread..  (Read 16141 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Re: Running thread..
« Reply #300: May 09, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
Cool. Free $100 is a free $100. Personally, I like lifting in mine. When I want to run barefoot, I find a grassy field. Good for the ankle strength and to toughen the bottom of your feet.

my wife got the same deal with the reebock trainers- she loved the shoes but took the cash

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #301: May 09, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »
Personally, I like lifting in mine.

I wear mine in the gym all the time but seldom otherwise.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #302: May 09, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
Hey, if people want to look like Costa Rican tree frogs, I suppose there's no harm in it   

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #303: May 10, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
Hey, if people want to look like Costa Rican tree frogs, I suppose there's no harm in it   
That's not what the lawsuit claims.

I just find it hilarious that people bought these and didn't understand that they had to change their running style.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #304: May 10, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »

I just find it hilarious that people bought these and didn't understand that they had to change their running style.

The lawsuit is about their claims, which had no scientific basis when made

Offline Slateman

« Reply #305: May 10, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »
Lol, thats the best part. How many claims are made in the fitness world are made without any basis? Jesus, I should sue Crossfit. . . .

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #306: May 10, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
30 seconds in barefoot shoes convinces you that you must change your form. But 30 years with your feet in what are pretty much casts, leave you very prone to tendonitis, stress fractures, etc. if you try to cover any distance in them. People that go barefoot for 20 years have strong feet. Most of us have weak, nasty, under-developed wussy feet.

They should not have made strong claims when there was no scientific evidence, though.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #307: May 10, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »
30 seconds in barefoot shoes convinces you that you must change your form. But 30 years with your feet in what are pretty much casts, leave you very prone to tendonitis, stress fractures, etc. if you try to cover any distance in them. People that go barefoot for 20 years have strong feet. Most of us have weak, nasty, under-developed wussy feet.

They should not have made strong claims when there was no scientific evidence, though.

Actually there is plenty of scientific evidence. You just said it. Spend years running barefoot and your feet/ankles will strengthen. They just failed to mention that it takes years to do it.