Author Topic: Pirates protest video  (Read 1469 times)

natsfan1a

Pirates protest video
« Topic Start: June 30, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »
A video of lowlights promoting the planned June 30 Pirates fan protest (nice music):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AM1QLEA5oUA

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Pirates protest video
« Reply #1: June 30, 2007, 02:08:23 PM »
Did it actually happen, and how severe?  Did MASN cover it at all?

natsfan1a

« Reply #2: June 30, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »
It's supposed to take place tonite. On the radio last night, they said that 3,000 were expected to take part. They also said that a sellout crowd was expected, due to the bobbleheads giveaway.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #3: June 30, 2007, 02:46:38 PM »
Those "fans" need to blame the players, NOT the management. They've got a great young core w/ good young pitchers and some solid hitters. It's up to those players to produce.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #4: June 30, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »
It's supposed to take place tonite. On the radio last night, they said that 3,000 were expected to take part. They also said that a sellout crowd was expected, due to the bobbleheads giveaway.

If they expect a sellout, that means that 3,000 fans walking out wont even be noticed, which is too bad for those fans who are taking part. It would also mean shame on the 30+ thousand that will be staying, probably pointing and laughing at those taking part.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #5: June 30, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »
Those "fans" need to blame the players, NOT the management. They've got a great young core w/ good young pitchers and some solid hitters. It's up to those players to produce.

It's management, not the players, that's responsible for the product that's on the field.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: June 30, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »
It's up to those players to produce.

Kinda like everyone expecting a certain AAAA team that's in Washington to do the same, huh?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #7: June 30, 2007, 04:04:54 PM »
It's management, not the players, that's responsible for the product that's on the field.
My point was, they don't have a bad product on the field. They're just young. They have two young pitchers that could take a lot of teams into the future. They have good hitters with a good power bat in the middle of their lineup. Sure, they may need one or two more pieces, but no one would be satisfied there w/ what they could get right now.

People tend to believe that management can do whatever they want, whenever they want. It's not that simple. It's not like they're turning down good offers. It's hard for me to believe they're in it to lose.

Kinda like everyone expecting a certain AAAA team that's in Washington to do the same, huh?
Who expected to go to the W.S this year? I don't think anyone did. Did you?

This means that no, we didn't expect them to produce in a way that we'd win even more than half of the games this year.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #8: June 30, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »
Who expected to go to the W.S this year? I don't think anyone did. Did you?

World Series this year? Since before the season started, I thought anything over 65 wins would be overachieving. I expected and still do, that they would win between 60 and 65 wins. The Nats wont be anywhere near a W.S. or playoff contention before 2010, and even then, we'll have to wait and see.

natsfan1a

« Reply #9: June 30, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »
They didn't really say much on MASN. At one point, there seemed to be some people milling around the concourse in yellow or green t-shirts. They had a closeup of one shirt, which said "Irate Fan." Didn't look like 3,000 people from what I saw, and the park didn't look full, either.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #10: June 30, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
World Series this year? Since before the season started, I thought anything over 65 wins would be overachieving. I expected and still do, that they would win between 60 and 65 wins. The Nats wont be anywhere near a W.S. or playoff contention before 2010, and even then, we'll have to wait and see.

You completely mixed up the whole thing that we were talking about. Go back and read again if you'd like to understand.

« Reply #11: July 01, 2007, 11:03:33 PM »
This "walk out" was nothing but hyped bullcrap.  Hardly anyone walked out and those that did just came back down to their seats one inning later.  Hardly made a dent in the crowd and hardly anyone there really noticed.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #12: July 01, 2007, 11:53:55 PM »
The Marlins fans walked out after the 1998 firesale and never came back.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #13: July 02, 2007, 02:27:58 AM »
Honestly, I think these things would work better if instead of a walkout, no one came at all.  The majority of people aren't going to go to the game, then leave after three innings, especially those who don't have season tickets (again, the majority).