Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 16285 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "wpa2629"
For the last time, I like Marlon Anderson, but he is NOT doing a good job at 2nd base.  he has made two absolutely crucila, game deciding errors that have led to unearned runs on this homestand.  I could actually make the argument that he cost us the opener agaist FLA and Sundays game against MY.  Plus he is hitting .230 since Vidro went on the DL.

Yeah, he's made a couple of boneheaded plays, no doubt, but he's also made some brilliant plays too and he's been very solid at the plate - all things being equal - I think he's done a good job.

I think he is a good guy to have on your team as a pinch hitter and spot starter.  Beyond that........

We agree, he's not an everyday player, but he has stepped up and filled in nicely all things being considered - he's made some plays at second that Vidro never would have - not sure what Vidro would have done if he had not gone on the DL - but I think that Marlon's done a good job considering his job is supposed to be a pinch hitter and ocassional back up fielder.

Offline rileyn

For the last time, I like Marlon Anderson, but he is NOT doing a good job at 2nd base.  he has made two absolutely crucila, game deciding errors that have led to unearned runs on this homestand.  I could actually make the argument that he cost us the opener agaist FLA and Sundays game against MY.  Plus he is hitting .230 since Vidro went on the DL.

Yeah, he's made a couple of boneheaded plays, no doubt, but he's also made some brilliant plays too and he's been very solid at the plate - all things being equal - I think he's done a good job.

I think he is a good guy to have on your team as a pinch hitter and spot starter.  Beyond that........

We agree, he's not an everyday player, but he has stepped up and filled in nicely all things being considered - he's made some plays at second that Vidro never would have - not sure what Vidro would have done if he had not gone on the DL - but I think that Marlon's done a good job considering his job is supposed to be a pinch hitter and ocassional back up fielder.

[b]Agreed. I'm also not here to defend Vidro, but I think Anderson is getting a pass because we have no expectations for him. On the other hand, Vidro gets hammered when he screws up. Come to think of it, I guess that the way it should be. [/b]

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I guess so!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Great night everyone ... feels good to be a Nats fan tonight - a beautiful performance - see you all tomorrow! ...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
In my two years as a charter Nationals STH this is as satisfying an evening of baseball as I've experienced...crisply pitched with timely Nats hitting, and the whole match goes into the books in just about 2 hours flat...Astacio gets the CG to give our bullpen a badly-needed rest...truly first-rate.