Author Topic: What are you listening to? (2008-2011)  (Read 146157 times)

Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #75: November 19, 2008, 12:30:28 PM »
Another amazing band is Monster Magnet - although they sounded different after they hit big, their whole catalog is pretty amazing

I love "Dopes To Infinity" and "Powertrip." Yeah, they have quite a resume. The song "Crop Circle" on Powertrip I would so use as my entrance theme if I was a pro wrestler.

You are lucky - when we were younger, we had Vanilla Ice and Poison instead of Nirvana and Soundgarden

Guns and Roses: Appetite for Destruction got me through the Vanilla Ice days. :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #76: November 19, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
Chris Cornell > All.  :worship: :worship:

Audioslave was awesome.  :icon_frown:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #77: November 19, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »
I love "Dopes To Infinity" and "Powertrip." Yeah, they have quite a resume. The song "Crop Circle" on Powertrip I would so use as my entrance theme if I was a pro wrestler.

"Spine of the Gods", etc. are superior stoner rock albums. Epic stuff, up there with COC and mid-late Clutch.

« Reply #78: November 19, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »
"Spine of the Gods", etc. are superior stoner rock albums. Epic stuff, up there with COC and mid-late Clutch.

I am going to have to check it out.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #79: November 19, 2008, 12:56:02 PM »
For those of you who love to rock and listen to Celtic Music:
http://www.eluveitie.ch/

Flutes, bagpipes, violin, hurdy gurdy, and METAL! These are some seriously talented musicians.

- Their new single - the new album is the best

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #80: November 19, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »
I also like metal that will melt your face, weird old punk rock like Television, early-mid 90's emo (not eyeliner and tight jeans garbage, stuff like Pedro the Lion and Jets to Brazil), stoner rock, some surf music

Surf music, eh? 

Back in the 70's, there was a guy named Dave Arnson, who lived in my dorm for a year, and moved on to have a musical life.  He formed a band called the Insect Surfers, quite popular around DC, then reformed the band in California, where he now resides.  Now, they are "Planet Earth's longest running modern surf band". 

Anyone who is open minded about new music, and has any affinity for old surf music at all (think, the Ventures) will appreciate this acid tinged jam band surfer sound.  Cowabunga dude!

Try it here:   http://www.insectsurfers.com/mp3.htm

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #81: November 19, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
Surf music, eh? 

Back in the 70's, there was a guy named Dave Arnson, who lived in my dorm for a year, and moved on to have a musical life.  He formed a band called the Insect Surfers, quite popular around DC, then reformed the band in California, where he now resides.  Now, they are "Planet Earth's longest running modern surf band". 

Anyone who is open minded about new music, and has any affinity for old surf music at all (think, the Ventures) will appreciate this acid tinged jam band surfer sound.  Cowabunga dude!

Try it here:   http://www.insectsurfers.com/mp3.htm
Sweet, I'll check it out - I'm fond of Dick Dale, Man or Astroman? (before and after they went musically insane), the first Agent Orange album, stuff that stretches the genre and stuff that follows it carefully

« Reply #82: November 19, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »
It's hilarious we mention Nickelback because one of my friends on Facebook has this as his status....

Stephen feels dumber after reviewing the new Nickelback album. Worst. Band.

:rofl:

« Reply #83: November 19, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
For those of you who love to rock and listen to Celtic Music:
http://www.eluveitie.ch/

Flutes, bagpipes, violin, hurdy gurdy, and METAL! These are some seriously talented musicians.

- Their new single - the new album is the best

I love Celtic music. I listened to what you posted. Sounds interesting but I think the bagpipes and fiddles get lost in the metal sound. I'll have to listen to some more stuff.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #84: November 19, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »
I love Celtic music. I listened to what you posted. Sounds interesting but I think the bagpipes and fiddles get lost in the metal sound. I'll have to listen to some more stuff.

The new album "Slania" has better production, and some serious flute and violin solos. They are insane live.

P.S. they sing in Helvetian, which is what the Saxons from Switzerland spoke.

for those who don't know: www.rhapsody.com/mp3 gives you 25 full song listens per month, I use it to browse

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #85: November 19, 2008, 04:03:39 PM »
Gotta add a bit of class to the thread...

BEETHOVEN | Symphony No 7
Dresden Staatskapelle Orchester, conductor Bernard Haitink

BTW major bonus points to PA Nats Fan for finding an excuse to use the word Helvetian on a baseball forum. Other bonus-words include quotidian, plenipotentiary, masticate, Abkhazia, chiaroscurical, Wallachia, festoon and tatterdemalion.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #86: November 19, 2008, 04:04:23 PM »
also absquatulate

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #87: November 19, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
Right now I'm listening to UMDNats doing his weekly radio program. He and his co-host are talking about the BCS vs playoff system. But I was listening to Moonlight Sonata and Im Chambre séparée before the show started.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #88: November 19, 2008, 04:16:01 PM »
Right now I'm listening to UMDNats doing his weekly radio program. He and his co-host are talking about the BCS vs playoff system. But I was listening to Moonlight Sonata and Im Chambre séparée before the show started.

Stop lying. You were listening to "Let me clear my throat" and The Vengaboys :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #89: November 19, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »
Stop lying. You were listening to "Let me clear my throat" and The Vengaboys :lol:

I don't know who that is but that's gay as crap but I would expect that from you. But if I make some gay joke you get all bent out of shape.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #90: November 19, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
I don't know who that is but that's gay as crap but I would expect that from you. But if I make some gay joke you get all bent out of shape.

Damn man, he was joking, simmer!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #91: November 19, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
Damn man, he was joking, simmer!

Again, in the past, when I've made gay jokes he has thrown fits about being insensitive. The next time I make a gay joke he needs to remember shut the freak up and swallow it.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #92: November 19, 2008, 04:32:41 PM »
Hey, at least it wasn't "Let me clear your throat"

Offline blue911

« Reply #93: November 19, 2008, 04:47:21 PM »
also absquatulate

A-B-S-Q-U-A-T-U-L-A-T-E, absquatulate. Spidey just told PANats to go absquatulate himself.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #94: November 19, 2008, 05:21:08 PM »
Again, in the past, when I've made gay jokes he has thrown fits about being insensitive. The next time I make a gay joke he needs to remember shut the freak up and swallow it.

Whoa someone needs a timeout - I was joking that you said you listened to classical music and you really liked goofy techno - but someone clearly needs to be changed

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #95: November 19, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »
shut the freak up and swallow it.
That's what she said.
...no, wait a minute...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #96: November 19, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »
BTW, UMDNats' radio show was decent.

« Reply #97: November 19, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »
remember shut the freak up and swallow it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #98: November 19, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »
BTW major bonus points to PA Nats Fan for finding an excuse to use the word Helvetian on a baseball forum. Other bonus-words include quotidian, plenipotentiary, masticate, Abkhazia, chiaroscurical, Wallachia, festoon and tatterdemalion.

I'm masticating as we are typing here.

Pretzels, with a Wild Turkey chaser.  The rest of your words?  too lazy to look them up.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #99: November 19, 2008, 07:56:54 PM »
I'm masticating as we are typing here.

Pretzels, with a Wild Turkey chaser.  The rest of your words?  too lazy to look them up.

I'm just simply pissing off because I just realized that by being in VA this weekend, I'm missing Bob Weir and Ratdog's concert down here on our mall.