Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2 (L)  (Read 11761 times)

Offline PC

We are one hit away from double digit hits for the game.  This could be one of the most ineffectual "good hitting" nights you'll every see!

Offline PC

Double digit hits!!!

Now Alfonso, how about getting a double (or more) here and drive in a couple (or a few) runs?

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "PC"
Double digit hits!!!

Now Alfonso, how about getting a double (or more) here and drive in a couple (or a few) runs?

Offline PC

10 hits = 2 runs

...not good  :x

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "tomterp"
Anybody know how Damian Jackson ended up in the doghouse?

I think he may be injured.  I know he had some words with a fan, just after the Braves series.

The announcers alluded to a "situation" with him, but were vague.  Sounds like Frank is pissed at him for something.

Was it the Braves series where he got booed for lazy fielding?

Offline PC

I think he may be injured.  I know he had some words with a fan, just after the Braves series.

The announcers alluded to a "situation" with him, but were vague.  Sounds like Frank is pissed at him for something.

I think it was just after the Braves series because I remember reading something about him having words with a fan, something to the effect of "The team got back to Washington at 4 am. Get off my back."  So it must have been the first game of the Philadelphia series.

Offline nats2playoffs

The team had gotten back from the road at 4 AM.  Jackson flubbed a fielding play.  As he reached the dugout, a fan yelled, "Get in the game!"  Jackson yelled back and then Frank started talking to him.
BTW, Vento WAS sent down when Guillen returned.

Offline PC

One pitch out for Clayton = "I just want to get the game over"

Offline nats2playoffs

Beer Truck LeCroy PH.  Don't cry Frank...

Offline PC

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
(Image removed from quote.)

And he worked a walk in a 9-2 game in the bottom of the 9th.  Now that's admirable.

Unlike Royce Clayton...

Offline nats2playoffs

LeCroy does NOT have a PINCH RUNNER!!
STEEEEEAAALLL!!!

Offline sportsfan882

If this team doesn't win the next two games with Armas and Livan pitching, this team is in serious trouble.  The next two games, we have 2 of our best pitchers against Byung-Hyum Kim and Jason Jennings, two average to below average pitchers.  I am still amazed that we couldn't beat Fogg or Francis.  I hope the guys realize how important these next two  games are.  These are the type of series that put teams in long tailspins.

Offline PC

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
(Image removed from quote.)

And he worked a walk in a 9-2 game in the bottom of the 9th.  Now that's admirable.

Unlike Royce Clayton...

...and he didn't ground into a double play on a 3-1 count.  :|

Offline PC

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
If this team doesn't win the next two games with Armas and Livan pitching, this team is in serious trouble.  The next two games, we have 2 of our best pitchers against Byung-Hyum Kim and Jason Jennings, two average to below average pitchers.  I am still amazed that we couldn't beat Fogg or Francis.  I hope the guys realize how important these next two  games are.  These are the type of series that put teams in long tailspins.

I don't like the way this game ended.  Even if you're down by seven runs, I don't like the impression given that "getting the game over" is a higher priority than doing well.  Even if you lose, make their pitcher throw a lot of pitches.  It might help you later in the series.

If you put some runs on the board and threaten them, maybe they'll even have to use another pitcher to get the win!

Offline nats2playoffs

My cousin had foot surgery today.
I think she had a better time than any Nationals fan did today.

Offline nats2playoffs

I don't like the way this game ended.  Even if you're down by seven runs, I don't like the impression given that "getting the game over" is a higher priority than doing well.  Even if you lose, make their pitcher throw a lot of pitches.  It might help you later in the series.
If you put some runs on the board and threaten them, maybe they'll even have to use another pitcher to get the win!

I agree 100%.  This is a 4-game series, not 3.  Surrendering games the way Frank does teaches his players to quit.  They need to be separated from a career .478 manager who surrenders games, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  LeCroy can't catch but he doesn't QUIT when he hits.  Nats have a very soft summer schedule (as do the Mets) and a chance for the wild Card.
FREE US FROM FRANK (FUFF), MR. KASTEN!!!!