Author Topic: 2008 Single Game Tickets  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Dave B

Re: 2008 Single Game Tickets
« Reply #50: February 12, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »
I think your seriously underestimating it all.  New stadium, some great signings, buzz about how much better we were last year than predicted, televised Opening Day game, and just general growing interest could make this a huge event. 

i havent seen any buzz outside of the message boards and those people probably would have gone to past opening days. the only thing i might be underestimating is new stadium novelty.

« Reply #51: February 12, 2008, 09:11:57 PM »
i havent seen any buzz outside of the message boards and those people probably would have gone to past opening days. the only thing i might be underestimating is new stadium novelty.

Well, believe what you'd like to.  Like I said, your delay only makes my possibility of getting a ticket or two that much better.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #52: February 12, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »
Hey, just being Devil's advocate here.  A new stadium is a new Novelty.  In 92 you couldn't get a ticket to 1st Opening Day at Camden Yards when it opened if you didn't have season tickets.  I got a ticket to the Opening Exhibition but not Opening Day.

Also, this stadium (just like Camden Yards) is smaller than RFK.  So there are fewer seats available.

Just some things to keep in mind.  Its a danged if you do get them early, danged if you don't situation.

natsfan1a

« Reply #53: February 13, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »
I'm not that big on opening days, either. The hoopla is kinda cool but I don't like crowds (maybe I'll feel differently about the crowds that ensue after people jump on the bandwagon to root for the contending Nats :lol:). We also have personal commitments that will likely preclude our attending a game or any other function that weekend. However, I do plan to attend games regularly during the marathon that is the full season, as always. ;)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #54: February 13, 2008, 08:26:15 AM »
Hopefully it'll be better managed than the 2005 world-premiere home opener - large crowds still trapped outside in security queues in the third inning, running out of hot dog buns in the fourth inning etc - and with, of course, the parking and Metrorail situations at the new ground still to consider.

That having been said though, I'll be there for my fourth straight Opening Day.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #55: February 13, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »
I'm just saying: try to get one on March 4th, but if you dont, you can probably get tickets elsewhere. 

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #56: February 13, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the "rules" for season ticket holders. We're piggybacking on a season ticket holder's account for 35 games, so we're going to have to work something out with our guy to get Opening Game tickets. I don't care if I'm sitting in the nosebleeds for this game!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #57: February 13, 2008, 09:58:05 AM »
Yeah, I called my friend who holds the season tickets and told her to check her email often.