Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 4  (Read 23022 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Nationals vs Rockies, Game 4
« Topic Start: April 22, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »

Nationals Park
4:35 pm

Ubaldo Jimenez
3-0, 1.29 ERA

RF Carlos Gonzalez
CF Dexter Fowler
1B Todd Helton
SS Troy Tulowitzki
3B Ian Stewart
LF Ryan Spillborghs
C Miguel Olivo
2B Clint Barmes

vs.

Livan Hernandez
2-0, 0.00 ERA

CF Nyjer "T-Plush" Morgan
RF Cristian Guzman
LF Willie Harris
1B Adam Dunn
C Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez
2B Adam Kennedy
SS Ian Desmond
3B Alberto Gonzalez

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 4
« Reply #1: April 22, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
AlGo?  Ugh. :spaz:

Yep. Wouldn't want us to have an advantage with Guz, Des and Kennedy all in the game at the same time against a RHP.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #2: April 22, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »
Sadly, new record low in announced attendance: 11,191, 432 behind the record low set this past Monday...we could even see that record exceeded today with the 16.35 first-pitch.

Yesterday was an awful combination for attendance. The weather was dreadful for most of the day, and it was raining steadily and hard around COB, at least where I was. If I had tickets for yesterday I might have punted and gone home.

On top of that, Caps playoff game. Until the Caps are done no one is going to realize it's baseball season. I can't find Nationals news on local radio.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #3: April 22, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »
Zimm is out for tonight.

Not surprising.  In fact they should give him a few days off or more.  I would rather him get fully healed than have him hampered by these leg injuries all season.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #4: April 22, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
Riggleman is not a smart guy. At what point will he realize that Gonzalez should be on the bench vs. RHP. You don't have to be smart to realize that.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #5: April 22, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »
Yesterday was an awful combination for attendance. The weather was dreadful for most of the day, and it was raining steadily and hard around COB, at least where I was. If I had tickets for yesterday I might have punted and gone home.

On top of that, Caps playoff game. Until the Caps are done no one is going to realize it's baseball season. I can't find Nationals news on local radio.

Hopefully that last part isn't true.  When Strasburg is called up in early June, the Caps better still be playing. :icon_mrgreen:

So does DPMOmaha get first crack at starting the next thread?  If not, I'd like to try my luck.  I don't think I've started one in a long time.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #6: April 22, 2010, 11:40:53 AM »
So does DPMOmaha get first crack at starting the next thread?  If not, I'd like to try my luck.  I don't think I've started one in a long time.
I'm pretty sure we decided that we change daily.  If I am mistaken, I'll gladly put one together.  Otherwise, go for it!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #7: April 22, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »

...now who, as recently as three years ago, would in his wildest fantasies have thought that the Caps would eclipse any other team in this town?

I've been a Caps season ticket holder since 2001 and I remember well those Tuesday and Wednesday snoozefests against the Lightning and Thrashers, during those first couple of post-lock-out seasons with maybe 6,000 actual attendance...now that they're winning and contending they're selling out every night and Caps gear can be seen everywhere (I'm hard put to remember the last time I was at Nationals Park and didn't see at least a couple of people in Caps gear).

It's simple: unless you're the Redskins, you have to win to get people in the seats. Now the Caps are winning, and the Phone Booth is packed out and the Caps are the talk of the town (and opposing supporters can't bring the numbers they once did)...while the Nats, while improved (at least for now), are still quite a way from contending, and the ballpark has lots of empty seats...for now.

Wait till the Nats start winning and contending...we'll be getting 30K+ in the ballpark for mid-week visits by the Rockies, and Phillies supporters are going to have to find some other opposition ballpark to trash.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #8: April 22, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
Riggleman is not a smart guy. At what point will he realize that Gonzalez should be on the bench vs. RHP. You don't have to be smart to realize that.

At what point will he realize Gonzalez isn't good.

But Riggleman is a big reason we're 8-7.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #9: April 22, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »
It's simple: unless you're the Redskins, you have to win to get people in the seats.

Unfortunately, this is true, and it's very befuddling.  What has Daniel Snyder done to earn this undying loyalty from D.C. fans?

Even the Wizards are more worthy of support at bad times than the Redskins under Napoleon.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #10: April 22, 2010, 11:51:17 AM »
I'm not worried about attendance ...

1) it's early in the year
2) we're coming off back-to-back 100 loss seasons
3) they played the brewers and now rockies (not exactly the phillies/mets/orioles)
4) the caps are still playing in the playoffs

Offline blue911

« Reply #11: April 22, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »
I'm not worried about attendance ...

1) it's early in the year
2) we're coming off back-to-back 100 loss seasons
3) they played the brewers and now rockies (not exactly the phillies/mets/orioles)
4) the caps are still playing in the playoffs

It was a freaking miserable night to be sitting around outside.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #12: April 22, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
Unfortunately, this is true, and it's very befuddling.  What has Daniel Snyder done to earn this undying loyalty from D.C. fans?

Even the Wizards are more worthy of support at bad times than the Redskins under Napoleon.

Disagree. The Redskins have class players like London Fletcher, the Wizards have Boykins and bupkis.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #13: April 22, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »
Algo?  Ugh :spaz:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #14: April 22, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »
Some posts were sacrificed for the sake of superstition.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #15: April 22, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »
For those going today: Capital Weather Gang says mostly to partly sunny with 69-73 this afternoon, 44-51 tonight, slight chance of PM shower; Yahoo! Weather basically the same and also confirms possibility of stray shower/thundershower.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #16: April 22, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »
Sadly, new record low in announced attendance: 11,191, 432 behind the record low set this past Monday...we could even see that record exceeded today with the 16.35 first-pitch.

Are the Caps playing tonight?

I think they're taking a big chunk of the attendance. (Probably 3-4,000 extra) I bet the usual attendance will be right around 15K a game if the Caps aren't on.

WOOHOO day game.

You may be right (Caps played last night and Game 5 is tomorrow).

Also played Monday and the attendance was 11K.

They were off Tuesday and the attendance was in the 15's.

Quote from: LintyFresh85
Zimm is out for tonight.

washingnats - I just learned #Nats 3B Ryan Zimmerman is not in today's lineup because of right hamstring cramps. Alberto Gonzalez will get the start.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #17: April 22, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
For those going today: Capital Weather Gang says mostly to partly sunny with 69-73 this afternoon, 44-51 tonight, slight chance of PM shower; Yahoo! Weather basically the same and also confirms possibility of stray shower/thundershower.

I'd like to go, but I'm crap-broke right now. :? Besides, I've had a lot of fun in the game threads this year.

The GD threads have been troll-free, and as much as I like ASSCLOWN, it's kind of refreshing having active game threads without his bipolar ass being one of the few people in it.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #18: April 22, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »

So you're saying you don't like my post? ;)

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #19: April 22, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
Disagree. The Redskins have class players like London Fletcher, the Wizards have Boykins and bupkis.

Fair point, but the Redskins are bound to have a gem or two since it's the NFL and they have huge rosters.  What about when Caron Butler was on the team?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #20: April 22, 2010, 12:32:12 PM »
NatsTownNews
#Nats lineup vs. Rockies. 4:35 start today... Morgan 8, Guzman 9, Harris 7, Dunn 3, Pudge 2, Kennedy 4, Desmond 6, Gonzalez 5, Hernandez 1.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #21: April 22, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »
Who are we, the Orioles??

Well this game is going to be...interesting.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #22: April 22, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
Willie Harris against Jiminez:

.667 / .714 / 1.167 / 1.881

:shock: :lol:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #23: April 22, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
What has Daniel Snyder done to earn this undying loyalty from D.C. fans?

Purchased and NFL franchise? They only have to fill out 8 home games and really don't have to worry about playoffs :icon_mrgreen:

Throw in the fact that the team has won in the past and that everyone believes you can turn around and NFL team in 1 year and you get fan interest.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #24: April 22, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »
Our lineup sucks today and I think we have little chance of winning, but that means we win today. 5-3 Nats beat the Rockies.