Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3  (Read 13003 times)

Offline NatsDad14

Nationals @ Braves, Game 3
« Topic Start: June 30, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »
CF Nyjer Morgan :roll:
RF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
LF Josh Willingham
C Ivan Rodriguez
2B Cristian Guzman
SS Alberto Gonzalez
P J.D. Martin

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3
« Reply #1: June 30, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »
Riggs is riding the hot hand with Gonzalez.  I like it.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #2: June 30, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
Nice formatting. I like the graphic for Morgan.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #3: June 30, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »

As do I.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #4: June 30, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
Prado 2B
Cabrera RF
Jones 3B
McCann C
Glaus 1B
Hinske LF
Escobar SS
Blanco CF
Jurrjens RHP

The Nats could actually take this series due the lack of outfield depth in Atlanta (no illusions as to what Heyward and pals would do if healthy).

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #5: June 30, 2010, 03:40:44 PM »

and the cold hand in Morgan, why is he still leading off? He's not a vetran and he's not a guy who has been in our system forever, what has he done to get Riggleman's loyality, why are they so determined to stick him in the lead off spot

Offline PC

« Reply #6: June 30, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »

Nyjer Morgan's hand ain't hot...yet he keeps riding it.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #7: June 30, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »
and the cold hand in Morgan, why is he still leading off? He's not a vetran and he's not a guy who has been in our system forever, what has he done to get Riggleman's loyality, why are they so determined to stick him in the lead off spot
             Showcasing him for trade-bait, maybe? :shrug:

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #8: June 30, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »

Agreed, it's beyond frustrating. Someone needs to ask Riggleman what exactly Nyjer has to do in order to lose his starting CF position. At least try out Bernadina in CF and batting leadoff, what could it hurt? Maybe it will light a fire up Nyjer's ass.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: June 30, 2010, 03:46:30 PM »
Agreed, it's beyond frustrating. Someone needs to ask Riggleman what exactly Nyjer has to do in order to lose his starting CF position. At least try out Bernadina in CF and batting leadoff, what could it hurt? Maybe it will light a fire up Nyjer's ass.

I think Ben pretty much did, and Jim said the same thing he did the day before Lannan was demoted.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #10: June 30, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
Because he has options in the 2b/ss spot on the field and the 7/8 spot in the lineup that he doesn't have in CF and at the leadoff spot.  Guz isn't what you want in leadoff and if you shift Bernadina to CF, he hasn't shown he can leadoff.  Maybe this stint in the 2 spot is a tryout for the leadoff spot.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #11: June 30, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »
I think Ben pretty much did, and Jim said the same thing he did the day before Lannan was demoted.
ask Rizzo what exactly Nyjer has to do in order to lose his starting CF position

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #12: June 30, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »

You'll have to excuse me since I was gone on vacation and have been out of touch recently, but can you paraphrase it?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #13: June 30, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
ask Rizzo what exactly Nyjer has to do in order to lose his starting CF position

Do it your damn self. They are collecting questions for Rizzo at masnsports.com - you clowns know Rizzo has a blog there, right?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #14: June 30, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
Because he has options in the 2b/ss spot on the field and the 7/8 spot in the lineup that he doesn't have in CF and at the leadoff spot.  Guz isn't what you want in leadoff and if you shift Bernadina to CF, he hasn't shown he can leadoff.  Maybe this stint in the 2 spot is a tryout for the leadoff spot.

Bernadina has an obp .40 points higher than morgan, what does Morgan offer in the lead off spot Bernidina doesn't and why does Morgan playing CF have to be linked to him hitting leadoff?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #15: June 30, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »
You'll have to excuse me since I was gone on vacation and have been out of touch recently, but can you paraphrase it?

http://masnsports.com/the_goessling_game/2010/06/riggleman-says-hell-have-a-lot-of-patience-with-morgan.html

Google searched "site:masnsports.com nyjer starting riggleman"

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #16: June 30, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
Game :?

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #17: June 30, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »
http://masnsports.com/the_goessling_game/2010/06/riggleman-says-hell-have-a-lot-of-patience-with-morgan.html

Google searched "site:masnsports.com nyjer starting riggleman"

You could've just typed he said he'll continue to have a lot of patience with him.

Thanks for the Google tip though. :roll:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #18: June 30, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
Bernadina has an obp .40 points higher than morgan, what does Morgan offer in the lead off spot Bernidina doesn't and why does Morgan playing CF have to be linked to him hitting leadoff?
It doesn't necessarilly, but I don't see them moving Morgan to the 7 or 8 spot.  If it were the AL, maybe they could move him to 9.  And since you're not going put Morse or Guz or Desmond or Gonzalez or Kennedy there, your options are Bernadina or Morgan.  I think, right now, Morgan gives you the closest thing to a complete leadoff hitter we've got on the roster.  And he's been better the past week and a half or so. 

How has Bernadina done in the leadoff spot?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #19: June 30, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »

How has Bernadina done in the leadoff spot?

.381 OBP when leading off the inning, and why wouldn't you bat Morgan 8th?  It's not like Riggleman has a problem with that being a black hole in the lineup

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?n1=bernaro01&year=2010&t=b

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #20: June 30, 2010, 04:21:25 PM »
.381 OBP when leading off the inning, and why wouldn't you bat Morgan 8th?  It's not like Riggleman has a problem with that being a black hole in the lineup
Not leading off an inning, hitting in the 1 spot in the lineup.  There's a difference when you've got Guz, Zim, Dunn, Hammer hitting behind you instead of Nieves, Desmond, Pitcher, Morgan behind you regardless of when you hit in the inning.

I don't hit Morgan in an the 8 spot in an NL lineup because any strengths he's got, as mininal as they may be right now, they're almost completely neutralized innings 1-6  with no one hitting behind him. 

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #21: June 30, 2010, 04:25:38 PM »
Do it your damn self. They are collecting questions for Rizzo at masnsports.com - you clowns know Rizzo has a blog there, right?
You know that Rizzo wont answer the question and if he did he would run around the question or bring up BS intangibles like the clubhouse is happy with him or that the team will lose him if they bench him.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #22: June 30, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
You know that Rizzo wont answer the question and if he did he would run around the question or bring up BS intangibles like the clubhouse is happy with him or that the team will lose him if they bench him.

Then why demand it to be asked?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #23: June 30, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
Not leading off an inning, hitting in the 1 spot in the lineup.  There's a difference when you've got Guz, Zim, Dunn, Hammer hitting behind you instead of Nieves, Desmond, Pitcher, Morgan behind you regardless of when you hit in the inning.

I don't hit Morgan in an the 8 spot in an NL lineup because any strengths he's got, as mininal as they may be right now, they're almost completely neutralized innings 1-6  with no one hitting behind him. 

so becuase he hasn't hit lead off he can't get a shot? Morgan will be lucky to make it through the season without ending up in aaa, let alone make the team next year. Bernadina has started to establish himself and will most likely be here for a while, why on earth would you keep Morgan in lead off instead of giving someone else a shot?

As for having a terrible hitter with no power hitting 8th, that's where Riggleman stickes Nieves, and right now there is very little difference between him and Morgan

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #24: June 30, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
Then why demand it to be asked?
If the beat writers ask him, there is a better chance we get a legit answer or that their is enough pressure that the team eventually ends the Morgan experiment.