Author Topic: A-Rod's New Contract  (Read 9528 times)

natsfan1a

Re: A-Rod's New Contract
« Reply #25: November 05, 2007, 08:26:26 AM »
Good point. He's got the no-BS factor going there.

at least he is honest.

as opposed to all these other "oh its not about the money" jerkoffs that are always lying their asses off as they run out of town towards the next big paycheck.

at least with PayRod, you KNOW that it's ALL about the money, and he's up front about it. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #26: November 05, 2007, 08:31:01 AM »
you guys both make an excellent point.  Think what you will of the man, you got to give him credit for not bullcraping anyone

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #27: November 08, 2007, 07:41:50 AM »
Boras is pissing and moaning at the Marlins for putting Cabrera on the trading block.  The Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Giants, and Dodgers (sounds most likely in a deal that also includes Willis) have all confirmed they are making bids for Cabrera, and the market for A-Rod seems to be secondary.

It's gotta hurt to interrupt a World Series with a an announcement, and then not be the hot commodity during the GM meeting a couple weeks later.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: November 08, 2007, 09:22:02 AM »
Boras is pissing and moaning at the Marlins for putting Cabrera on the trading block.  The Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Giants, and Dodgers (sounds most likely in a deal that also includes Willis) have all confirmed they are making bids for Cabrera, and the market for A-Rod seems to be secondary.

Per Will Carroll at Baseball Prospectus yesterday:

Get your tinfoil hats out and don’t blame the messenger here, but a lot of people are starting to espouse some conspiracy theories when it comes to Alex Rodriguez and baseball. If you haven’t noticed, there’s a lot of 3B on the market suddenly. Miguel Cabrera is being shopped, Scott Rolen is making news about his no-trade clause, Mike Lowell wasn’t re-signed by the Red Sox despite many thinking it would happen in concert with the Curt Schilling signing, and Adrian Beltre is being mentioned as an available commodity. Is someone trying to inflate the supply and hold Rodriguez’s value down? If baseball can’t agree on instant replay, what makes you think they could pull off a grand conspiracy?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #29: November 08, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »
If this keeps up it won't be long before we hear from Jose Canseco about the conspiracy to blackball him from baseball.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #30: November 08, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »
ESPN and other networks are all saying that A-Rod deals won't come anytime SOON.  :roll: I'm not holding my breath.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #31: November 08, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
...at least with PayRod, you KNOW that it's ALL about the money, and he's up front about it.  on top of him being the best player in the game.

Plus, you also have LOTS of photographers in New York City constantly trying to get that payday for the photo of him cheating on his wifey.  He'll get less of that if he's playing for Los Angeles...

MrMadison

Offline Dave B

« Reply #33: November 08, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »
W......T.......F.........

how does he find this ****

do you google "arod jacking off his bat"?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #34: November 08, 2007, 09:55:13 PM »
I think it must have been a heat rash, maybe from one of the mistresses.  There must be a story behind it, because I saw the same thing posted repeatedly.  I figured a devoted A-Rod watcher might actually know what was really going on, if they saw it.  Too funny NOT to post it... The pitcher is just casually brushing up the mound.  If A-Rod gets $35 million per year somewhere, they're going to post avatars of every time he spits, and analyze its deep inner meaning and the implications for society.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #35: November 08, 2007, 09:55:59 PM »

Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my...

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #36: November 08, 2007, 09:58:47 PM »
 I have another but I have to find it.  I think its on my work laptop.  I'll get it later.

Not as good as this one:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #37: November 08, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
I have another but I have to find it.  I think its on my work laptop.  I'll get it later.

Not as good as this one:

(Image removed from quote.)

I think you forgot something.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #38: November 08, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »
I said I had to get it later.  I had to crop it from another post.  Unfortunately I did it in Paint and I had trouble resizing it so as to leave out all the extra stuff I had cut out.  Thus the white background.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #39: November 08, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »
I wish I could find an animated Karl Spackler.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #40: November 08, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »
Its that silly grin on his face that gets me!

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT! 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #41: November 08, 2007, 10:57:21 PM »

For your Caddyshack signature

Offline spidernat

« Reply #42: November 14, 2007, 11:05:24 AM »
They're reporting on ESPN that A-Rod is coming to terms with the reality that he won't get what he is looking for and will probably return to the yankees. If that's true, the yankees are stupid to take him back, especially since they said they would NOT negotiate with someone that didn't want to be a yankee. Plus his greed cost them the money Texas was chipping in to pay his salary  :rofl:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #43: November 14, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
Any word on if the Dodgers made him any kind of offer because his favorite MGR Torre is there?

« Reply #44: November 14, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »
I really wonder if A-Rod was that stupid or if all this was the arrogance of Scott Boras.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #45: November 14, 2007, 11:49:39 AM »
I really wonder if A-Rod was that stupid or if all this was the arrogance of Scott Boras.

It could actually be both.

« Reply #46: November 14, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »
Scott Boras' arrogance and A-Rod stupid enough to fall for it...yeah, I can see that.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #48: November 14, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
It's easy to see the A-Rod stupidity factor but where does Scott Boras get his arrogance from? I just don't get it. I think most of these super agents prey on the ignorance and maybe even the arrogance of the players to make their money. I have no problem with arrogant athletes especially if they are bad asses on the field and they know it. But an agent? I guess he could think that he's smarter than anyone else and can fool people into signing players to outrageous contracts. He's gotten away with it so far though.