Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 7966 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #125: October 13, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
It figures. The day that the bats show up is the day the pitching fails.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #126: October 13, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »

no crap. what the honest freak.

SIX freakING RUNS. SIX. WE EVEN TACKED ON AN INSURANCE RUN LATER ON.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #127: October 13, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »
no crap. what the honest freak.

SIX freakING RUNS. SIX. WE EVEN TACKED ON AN INSURANCE RUN LATER ON.

But we pitched not to lose. We were trying to nibble with an umpire who wasn't allowing that to either team.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #128: October 13, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
But we pitched not to lose. We were trying to nibble with an umpire who wasn't allowing that to either team.

It was garbage for sure. I just don't want to believe that we gave up that lead.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #129: October 13, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
What about that check swing in the 9th?? I thought they were going to ring him up.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #130: October 13, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »
It's funny how you see these types of games happen to many teams but I wouldn't have even thought about seeing it happen to us... in the most important game in our history.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #131: October 13, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
What about that check swing in the 9th?? I thought they were going to ring him up.

That was close...real close. I think they got the call right though.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #132: October 13, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Where is everyone on the Five stages of Grief?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #133: October 13, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

I'm on stage II if sober is the next step after drunk.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #134: October 13, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »

I felt worse after the AFC Championship game last year. I hate to sound all SSS, but for some reason I have a feeling that this team will be back next season.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #135: October 13, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »
I'm in depression, unable to sleep, drinking lots of caffeine and looking forlornly out the window at the strengthening cold breeze and the thinning blue sky. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross did not put these stages in any order.

So I could bounce back into anger at any moment.

At any moment.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #136: October 13, 2012, 11:45:48 AM »

We didn't pitch not to loose,  we pitched like we couldn't find the damn stroke zone

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #137: October 13, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
last night I seemed to have jumped many steps forward in a short bit. I yelled freak like 4 times at a bar. I then jumped to acceptance and started drinking.

Now I'm back at square one. I relapsed like I'm Josh Hamilton.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #138: October 13, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
Careful. You sound like you might just loose it and find the stroke zone today.
We didn't pitch not to loose,  we pitched like we couldn't find the damn stroke zone

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #139: October 13, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »
That is the single worst loss of any sporting event I've ever seen. I apologize for not reading anyone else's posts, but I feel safe assuming that the feeling is pretty much prevalent. The only thing close I can think of was the game when the Terps lost to Duke with the 10pt lead with less than a minute to go. Otherwise, I've never been so heart broken by a game. Thank God for meds... sigh

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #140: October 13, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »
That is the single worst loss of any sporting event I've ever seen. I apologize for not reading anyone else's posts, but I feel safe assuming that the feeling is pretty much prevalent. The only thing close I can think of was the game when the Terps lost to Duke with the 10pt lead with less than a minute to go. Otherwise, I've never been so heart broken by a game. Thank God for meds... sigh

The Redskins loss in Tampa back in 1999 comes to mind of worse loses, we blew a 13-0 lead in the second half, I was sitting in the front row down on the field, freaking Bucks fans celebrated like it was VE Day.

Online Mattionals

« Reply #141: October 13, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
I was going to start a "How is everyone doing" thread, but I figured it might fall under this thread a bit too much.

Not going to lie, I was devastated and really hurt.  Was at the bar with my friends (Yankees fans) and they were all in for the Nats.  After what happened, I was just shocked and speechless, and so where they.  My Braves friend texted me and said he was sorry, and then promptly said that the Cards never should have gotten in and the 2nd WC is BS.  I also looked at all the tweets that are saying the Cards are Satan's children, lol.

I saw posts on facebook citing Stras as a reason why they lost.  I said he wouldn't have made a difference and some person I don't know commented and said that I was an idiot.  He said that the Braves were better than the Nats at player handling to which I responded with four posts of why that doesn't make any sense at all.  Did the punchlist of points starting with:
A. Both had 160 inning limits
B. Nats had 3.2 runs per game back in April-May and Strasburg shutting out opponents was very necessary at that point in order to win those games
C. If you don't win those games in April-May, you play a bogus one game "play in" that Commander Selig put in because he it brings in more money but rewards a team that has no point being in the post-season
D. Both Medlen and Stras stopped looking as sharp as they neared the higher inning totals

Then I told him not to call me an idiot, and almost called him a bad name but figured, well damn, I'm just too classy for that crap! :D

Anyway, I'm doing alright now.  Have lots of hope for next year, and now the team has the mystical "experience" factor.  Probably the right time to trade Morse, resign LaRoche, find an outfielder who can bat leadoff and play Harper like Defense (I hear Parra is going to be available!!!!) and sign another starter.  Grienke would be my first choice, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to going back to E-Jax as a LAST RESORT.  Lannan will not be offered arb, so here is to a wonderful career of eye bleeding from a dedicated fan and I wish him the best...... In Colorado.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #142: October 13, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
Hmmm....that Caps collapse against Montreal was pretty bad for me, BUT the Ravens/Patriots game last year was crushing. I can't forget, even though I want to, the Ravens blowing a big lead against the Steelers in the playoffs two years ago either. Oh, can't forget the Easter Epic between the Caps and Islanders. Anyways..it's up there in my greatest sports disappointments.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #143: October 13, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »

Uh...the pitching failed in at least 3 of the 5 games...

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #144: October 13, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
aw man I just remembered that we don't have anymore games left until March/April... freak.

lol

I mean I've been dwelling on the blown lead and the loss but I haven't even begun to think of how long this offseason is going to be.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #145: October 13, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
The ump just didn't have the balls to end the Cards season on a close ball/strike or checked swing call. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #146: October 13, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
That is the single worst loss of any sporting event I've ever seen.

The Redskins have had three losses that brought me close to tears but this one trumped them all.

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!
« Reply #147: October 13, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
The ump just didn't have the balls to end the Cards season on a close ball/strike or checked swing call.

YUP!  :bang:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #148: October 13, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »
How was the strike zone anyways? Obviously the fans were booing out of their minds but I couldn't tell from my standpoint all too well what was a strike and what was a ball.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #149: October 13, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
How was the strike zone anyways? Obviously the fans were booing out of their minds but I couldn't tell from my standpoint all too well what was a strike and what was a ball.
Kurt was having everyone paint the outside. Some might have been close, but Kurt should have adjusted.