Author Topic: Who elected this congresswoman?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Who elected this congresswoman?
« Topic Start: December 30, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »
All people from DC especially have to see this video!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: December 30, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »
Quite hilarious.

As as aside, Ms. tomterp was a school classmate of Colbert's.  Funny, she really couldn't even remember him, until she went back through her old yearbooks and found him in a lot of pictures, including some clubs she was in.  He must have been a late bloomer.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2: December 30, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »
She gets so pissed it is great

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: December 30, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »
Now that is hilarious.

"Then why are you undressing me with your eyes?"

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #4: December 30, 2006, 02:42:15 PM »
Remember this from the same "DISTRICT" that keeps re-electing a crack smoking ex-con.  :shock:

Oh my bad, scratch that - I forgot he was set-up.   :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #5: December 30, 2006, 10:31:12 PM »
Anyone notice the squiggly W Nationals cap on the desk in the background of Colbert?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #6: December 30, 2006, 10:33:48 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Anyone notice the squiggly W Nationals cap on the desk in the background of Colbert?
Yes but that was Eleanor's desk with the Nats Cap on it.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #7: December 30, 2006, 10:54:57 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Yes but that was Eleanor's desk with the Nats Cap on it.

Well, actually every time Colbert does an interview with a congressman or senator, he says "I recently sat down with <this person> in his or her Washington office.  In reality, it's just a studio for conducting interviews, located next to the main studio.  They usually put something there related to the person they're interviewing.  So it's cool that they chose a Nats cap as the thing to put on the desk.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #8: December 30, 2006, 10:55:35 PM »
But seriously, why do you people elect her? :)

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #9: December 31, 2006, 01:27:19 AM »
Remember this from the same "DISTRICT" that keeps re-electing a crack smoking ex-con.  :shock:

I never understood how anybody could vote for him...until I moved down ti Boca Raton.  If he ran against our mayor, I'd not only vote for him - both times - I'd but his signs up in the front yard and his bumper stickers on the car.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #10: December 31, 2006, 12:19:53 PM »
Quote from: "NatsAddict"

I never understood how anybody could vote for him...until I moved down ti Boca Raton.  If he ran against our mayor, I'd not only vote for him - both times - I'd but his signs up in the front yard and his bumper stickers on the car.

Funny thing is, Barry has some academic creds to back up his habits...he's got an MS in organic chemistry  :wink:

Honestly, he does...

Offline kimnat

« Reply #11: January 01, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »
:rofl:

hillnat

« Reply #12: January 02, 2007, 02:38:05 PM »
I didnt hit the link but am assuming its the Colbert video with our honorary congresswoman.  Its a lot easier to have trick questions and comebacks in your head then to have to respond off of the cuff. she did ok and has done a pretty good job for DC.  If you dont live here dont worry about why "we" elect her.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #13: January 02, 2007, 02:43:32 PM »
Quote from: "hillnat"
I didnt hit the link but am assuming its the Colbert video with our honorary congresswoman.  Its a lot easier to have trick questions and comebacks in your head then to have to respond off of the cuff. she did ok and has done a pretty good job for DC.  If you dont live here dont worry about why "we" elect her.

I think she did much better than the average beneficiary of a Colbert interview.

EDIT:  For the uninitiated, here's a Wikipedia explanation of the recurring segment that Colbert does to help folks get to know their congress member better   :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Know_A_District

hillnat

« Reply #14: January 02, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »
I thought so too. Not great but in the top half.  His arguements were kind of silly so they are hard to refute. How do you argue "but you arent a state" over and over?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #15: January 02, 2007, 03:35:38 PM »
Quote from: "hillnat"
I thought so too. Not great but in the top half.  His arguements were kind of silly so they are hard to refute. How do you argue "but you arent a state" over and over?

I dont know if she knew it was a comedy show and that he was f-ing around.

Anyway. I saw something on CNN.com about how DC might get a full fledged representative. This better not require me to go to the DMV and get a new license plate because they decided to remove the "taxation without representation" slogan.

hillnat

« Reply #16: January 02, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
Your plates are safe. It will pass the house but never get through the Senate.  They say it is unconstitutional and requires an amendment.  No need to get in line at the dmv yet.  

Any one that doesnt know him by now deserves to look foolish.