Author Topic: Tell me about Windows Phone (aka, what if I need to switch from Google)  (Read 716 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
I'm not making a new google account. period. if Customer Service can't get my back into my account on my phone(i posted about it in the android thread), then I'll just delete it.

so i'm looking at moving my services over to Microsoft.

but I don't now anything about Windows Phone.

so enlighten me.

Offline PC

Re: Tell me about Windows Phone.
« Reply #1: December 04, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
What do you want to know?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2: December 04, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
the only reason I would consider a windows phone is if I were using Lync at work, and if my company had plans to adopt windows 8 desktops.  Microsoft is building a similar ecosystem to Apple/Android/Amazon, but they are off to a slow start.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #3: December 04, 2012, 01:55:55 PM »
the only reason I would consider a windows phone is if I were using Lync at work, and if my company had plans to adopt windows 8 desktops.  Microsoft is building a similar ecosystem to Apple/Android/Amazon, but they are off to a slow start.

so what's my options just incase I decide to go nuclear on Google?

this locked-out-of-my-phone-account crap is really it for me.

do they still make blackberrys? i can't afford anything that Apple makes.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
so what's my options just incase I decide to go nuclear on Google?

this locked-out-of-my-phone-account crap is really it for me.

do they still make blackberrys? i can't afford anything that Apple makes.

an Apple iPhone 4 is free from most carriers these days.  A 4s is $99.  If you don't need LTE, a 4s is a really good phone (it's what I have).

Offline JMW IV

yeah, going nuclear on google.

just made a brand new google account and logged into my phone flawlessly. which means the probem is NOT my phone, like the stupid idiot from customer service told me. it is my account. my account has somehow been compromised. I have no idea how. i'm very careful and I barely had anything on my phone at all, app-wise.

either way, they are convinced that my phone is to the problem, and not my account, according to them, the things I see in my Google Play account, they don't see them. like the ringtone app that somebody downloaded yesterday, that I'd never heard of until this morning, and which I definitely did not choose to download.

done with google, so much spent money down the drain. I'm not going through all the trouble of rebuilding another Google Account. I will just delete the old one, and only use the new one to log in, until i can get another phone,

Offline HalfSmokes

Dumb phone for a couple of months to see if you like BB10? You could set up an android without a Google account and use the amazon app store and another calendar/mail service

Offline JMW IV

Dumb phone for a couple of months to see if you like BB10? You could set up an android without a Google account and use the amazon app store and another calendar/mail service

i didn't know that was possible.

Offline HalfSmokes

i didn't know that was possible.

My account was being annoying (the call wasn't going through on two step)  when I first got my sg3,  so I did it for a few hours the phone worked,  I installed the amazon app store,  made some calls installed a few apps- everything worked fine

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Calm down for a few days and reconsider. By switching to apple, blackberry, or Windows you're only punishing yourself, corporate execs at Google won't notice the difference.

Offline JMW IV

My account was being annoying (the call wasn't going through on two step)  when I first got my sg3,  so I did it for a few hours the phone worked,  I installed the amazon app store,  made some calls installed a few apps- everything worked fine

so i don't need a google account for amazon app store? but i can still get the apps for my phone?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Calm down for a few days and reconsider. By switching to apple, blackberry, or Windows you're only punishing yourself, corporate execs at Google won't notice the difference.

This. The only switch I could understand would be to Apple, but to Windows? Why?

Offline HalfSmokes

so i don't need a google account for amazon app store? but i can still get the apps for my phone?

nope, just an amazon account. I'd recommend the app to everyone since they have a free app of the day which is often pretty decent