Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 98463 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #1350: November 24, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
That's what made me want that one too :lol:

Let's just say they'll be "authentic" with a touch of MSG...

AN Authentic FAU Owls Tshirt

http://store.itsowltime.com/hail-to-the-fredskins-tshirt.html

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1351: November 24, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »
A picture that was on Facebook:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1352: November 24, 2012, 08:46:49 AM »

Yet another reason why I don't watch a second of the games and couldn't have even told you their record three weeks ago.

^ The number 1 reason why you should shut the freak up and stay out of this thread. You make MDS seem moderate. Ban this fool from this thread Chief!  :whip:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1353: November 24, 2012, 08:47:20 AM »
A picture that was on Facebook:

Redskins fans have no room to be mocking teams that are struggling.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1354: November 24, 2012, 08:56:16 AM »
And Spidey, Trent Williams has been very good this year, and it's about damn time.

The Big Silverback has been an absolute stud and would have King Kong himself avoiding him at all costs.

Help!!

I have a RGIII home jersey already, but I'm debating on my next one. Order goes out Monday and I need to be certain by tonight which one I want: Kerrigan 2012 throwback, Alford Morris home/away jersey or a Griffin 2012 throwback. I've picked the Kerrigan, but I'm really not certain if I want that one or the other two. I'm also thinking of getting, at a later date, a Steve Yzerman jersey and a Gretzky (Oilers). Huge Stevie Y fan from back in the day.

Stay away from all those players. Pick a legendary player for the throwback like Bobby Mitchell or Russ Grimm. 

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1355: November 24, 2012, 09:16:50 AM »
Redskins fans have no room to be mocking teams that are struggling.

OH Come on!  It's too Damn cute!  The Cowboys are like the Yankees.  Always thinking they are superior regardless of record.  Then there's Philly (nuff said)

Offline blue911

« Reply #1356: November 24, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »

Stay away from all those players. Pick a legendary player for the throwback like Bobby Mitchell or Russ Grimm. 

Pat Fischer

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1357: November 24, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
They do have a Russ Grimm, Sonny J, Monk, Riggins etc... If you want, I'll send you a link to the site, but I won't post it. Don't want to risk schenanigans.

Trent has been everything we've hoped he'd be. One of, if not the best LT in the NFL right now. You know Bob has to be loving him right now. We all know I've been a fan of Trent, but I tell you, he's finally earning that high draft pick status. The oline as a whole has played pretty well, but with Trent playing the way he has, they've been able to let him block people alone and help out elsewhere, in effect, hiding other weak points.

Damn I've missed your break downs Spidey. While I wish the Shanny's would be more consistent with their play calling, they've really done a much better job of working the scheme around Griffin as opposed to forcing him into their scheme. That and the fact that Griffin is every bit as good as hoped if not better. We still need a lot of help on defense, but the future is not nearly as bleak as it had been.

Please don't be a stranger Spidey :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1358: November 24, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
OH Come on!  It's too Damn cute!  The Cowboys are like the Yankees.  Always thinking they are superior regardless of record.  Then there's Philly (nuff said)

That's only in your mind.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1359: November 24, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
Pat Fischer

excellent suggestion blue.   :worship:

They do have a Russ Grimm, Sonny J, Monk, Riggins etc... If you want, I'll send you a link to the site, but I won't post it. Don't want to risk schenanigans.

So they are not the ones you order with the number and name you want? You can't go wrong with Monk though.

Trent has been everything we've hoped he'd be. One of, if not the best LT in the NFL right now. You know Bob has to be loving him right now. We all know I've been a fan of Trent, but I tell you, he's finally earning that high draft pick status. The oline as a whole has played pretty well, but with Trent playing the way he has, they've been able to let him block people alone and help out elsewhere, in effect, hiding other weak points.

They need to find a RT to solidify the OL.

While I wish the Shanny's would be more consistent with their play calling, they've really done a much better job of working the scheme around Griffin as opposed to forcing him into their scheme. That and the fact that Griffin is every bit as good as hoped if not better. We still need a lot of help on defense, but the future is not nearly as bleak as it had been.

I see you're drunk off the kool aid.  :koolaid: :lol: :lmao:  It's all good though. You might as well enjoy it while you can. This reminds me of other Redskins teams that dug themselves a hole and then played well while chasing .500 only to go flaccid once they reached the .500 mark. If the Skins end up winning 8 games this season I owe my Pollyanna brother a bottle of rum. One thing is sure though, all this makes next Monday's game interesting. I had even considered not even going but when the game ended on Thursday we decided we had to go. Of course being a Monday night game against a division foe (and one that has already seen Griffin so they have something to go on) we're sure to go freeze our asses off only to be humiliated when the Skins soil themselves on a nationally televised game.  :?  If, on the other hand, the Redskins show up, then this could be the sign that this team is completely different. We'll see. I don't want to get my hopes up too high only to see them infected with a case of Drew Storenitis.  :bang:

Jr seems to have lapses in his playcalling every week but for the most part he's been decent. I'm still concerned that they are relying too much on the long ball (like the Nats). Deep passes are low percentage so they need to develop a mid range passing attack and that has been no where to be seen. We have yet to see straight drop backs for the hook, in, out, corner and up routes. Hopefully this means they have much more upside once Griffin gets it all together. Now that they will begin to see teams that have already faced the offense they are going to need more variety.

The defense is hopeless. They lost Keenan Robinson for the season this week. They seem to lose at least one player a week.  :smh:  Robinson is a player they really like and I was hoping he would get more looks during this stretch to get him ready for next season.

Forbath has been a pleasant surprise though. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1360: November 24, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
excellent suggestion blue.   :worship:

So they are not the ones you order with the number and name you want? You can't go wrong with Monk though.

They need to find a RT to solidify the OL.

I see you're drunk off the kool aid.  :koolaid: :lol: :lmao:  It's all good though. You might as well enjoy it while you can. This reminds me of other Redskins teams that dug themselves a hole and then played well while chasing .500 only to go flaccid once they reached the .500 mark. If the Skins end up winning 8 games this season I owe my Pollyanna brother a bottle of rum. One thing is sure though, all this makes next Monday's game interesting. I had even considered not even going but when the game ended on Thursday we decided we had to go. Of course being a Monday night game against a division foe (and one that has already seen Griffin so they have something to go on) we're sure to go freeze our asses off only to be humiliated when the Skins soil themselves on a nationally televised game.  :?  If, on the other hand, the Redskins show up, then this could be the sign that this team is completely different. We'll see. I don't want to get my hopes up too high only to see them infected with a case of Drew Storenitis.  :bang:

Jr seems to have lapses in his playcalling every week but for the most part he's been decent. I'm still concerned that they are relying too much on the long ball (like the Nats). Deep passes are low percentage so they need to develop a mid range passing attack and that has been no where to be seen. We have yet to see straight drop backs for the hook, in, out, corner and up routes. Hopefully this means they have much more upside once Griffin gets it all together. Now that they will begin to see teams that have already faced the offense they are going to need more variety.

The defense is hopeless. They lost Keenan Robinson for the season this week. They seem to lose at least one player a week.  :smh:  Robinson is a player they really like and I was hoping he would get more looks during this stretch to get him ready for next season.

Forbath has been a pleasant surprise though. 

I'm by no means ready to cast RGIII's Canton bust, but he's been every bit as good as hoped, better even. I never expected him to play as well as he has. I expected a lot more indecision and happy feet, which happens at times, but far less than I would have expected. They Shanny's have done a good job of expanding their system to fit the qb they have. Alford Morris has been a great help too, but who knows if he's a Terrell Davis or a Mike Anderson...

A RT would be great, hopefully we'll get one sooner than later. I liked Robinson too, but we have been killed by injury, sucks really. Merriweather looked to have a been a help, for what? A quarter and a half? Sigh... Oh well, let's ride this out and see what happens. Polumbus hasn't been horrible, but he sure hasn't been good by any stretch either. He's a good backup.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1361: November 24, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »

I'm by no means ready to cast RGIII's Canton bust,

You're late to the party because some Redskins fans enshrined him into the HoF during the bye week.  :lol:

Polumbus has been mostly ok but he was horrible in a couple of games. If they get a RT and bring back Davis they'll be OK offensively. Defensively though they need another safety (in addition to a healthy Merriweather), another corner and a true pass rusher.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1362: November 24, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »
:lmao:  Terpfan, they sell Willie Parker and Colt Brennan jerseys at that site. Those two never even made the team.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1363: November 24, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »
Really can't complain about the o-line this year.  Have they been perfect?  No, not by any means.  But it's the best group we've had in years.  It's the secondary that has killed us (as we know), but maybe they'll play better down the stretch.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1364: November 24, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
:lmao:  Terpfan, they sell Willie Parker and Colt Brennan jerseys at that site. Those two never even made the team.

News travels slowly in Asia? I'm sure there are a few yahoos out there that'll buy a Brenan jersey :lol:

My Griffin home jersey is well worth the $26 or so I paid for it. I also got a Zimmerman and my son a youth RGIII. I was pleased with the quality considering the price.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1365: November 24, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
Really can't complain about the o-line this year.  Have they been perfect?  No, not by any means.  But it's the best group we've had in years.  It's the secondary that has killed us (as we know), but maybe they'll play better down the stretch.

I remember having Shar Pourdanesh starting at LT.  :lmao:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1366: November 24, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
I remember having Shar Pourdanesh starting at LT.  :lmao:

:puke:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1367: November 24, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Aikman should not be calling Cowboys games

He and Buck are both huge cowboys homers. They try every now and then to say something to make it seem that they are objective but when it comes down to it they always slip up and show their true colors. Those two are about as objective as PANatsFan talking politics, Lerners or PSU.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1368: November 24, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
He and Buck are both huge cowboys homers.

:lmao: at you thinking Joe Buck is a Cowboy homer.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1369: November 24, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
He and Buck are both huge cowboys homers. They try every now and then to say something to make it seem that they are objective but when it comes down to it they always slip up and show their true colors. Those two are about as objective as PANatsFan talking politics, Lerners or PSU.

I'm pretty sure Troy and Tony are lovers, there's no other reason to explain his constant fellating of Romo. I don't know about Buck though, but Aikman is constantly suckin' off the Cowboys.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1370: November 24, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »

this

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1371: November 24, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
:lmao: at you thinking Joe Buck is a Cowboy homer.

Buck likes what Aikman likes in football and what McCarver likes in baseball.   He's an insufferable follower.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1372: November 24, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »
Buck likes what Aikman likes in football

Don't know about the baseball part but I always figured him to be sucking off Aikman in the way he slurps the cowboys.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1374: December 03, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »
my wife let me get this for my daughter's second birthday

she can kind of throw a ball, but stand there instead of catching, but she does like to run around with foot balls screaming 'football'.