Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 21306 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #525: July 14, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
Blue, with red brims, like the road hats.
What color are they supposed to be? The helmets looked great.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #526: July 14, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
What color are they supposed to be? The helmets looked great.

I thought they looked pretty nice as well.   The usual helmets look like Braves knockoffs.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #527: July 14, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
Yeah, they do, but in solid red and grey unis, they look like the Reds. Maybe if they used blue lettering on the uni.

I wonder how the reverse would look, red hat, blue brim. Can't think of anyone that wears that. Or a solid blue with a gray under-brim, just something that looks different.

I thought they looked pretty nice as well.   The usual helmets look like Braves knockoffs.
[/quote

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #528: July 14, 2012, 12:06:46 PM »
Yeah, they do, but in solid red and grey unis, they look like the Reds.

I wonder how the reverse would look, red hat, blue brim. Can't think of anyone that wears that.

Watching/listening to Phil Wood this morning and a caller suggested grey hat with red brim and red curly W for away games.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #529: July 14, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
Musta been before I tuned in. It wasn't me.

Watching/listening to Phil Wood this morning and a caller suggested grey hat with red brim and red curly W for away games.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #530: July 14, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »

Too much grey, then.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #531: July 14, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »

No thanks.

Yeah, they do, but in solid red and grey unis, they look like the Reds. Maybe if they used blue lettering on the uni.

I wonder how the reverse would look, red hat, blue brim. Can't think of anyone that wears that. Or a solid blue with a gray under-brim, just something that looks different.

It's tough to find something completely unique.  The Phils, Reds, Dbacks and Angels all sport a similar look on the road if we go w/ the red helmets.  I'll say this though, if we want to try and get back to the Senators heritage, this is more similar to what they wore than the blue helmets. 

The red helmets w/ blue brim idea intrigues me, though.  I think that could look really sharp. 

Not a huge fan of wearing the red helmets and then the blue/red caps in the field.  I'd personally prefer they go with one or the other. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #532: July 14, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »
love the red helmets

Online blue911

« Reply #533: July 14, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »