Author Topic: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 1  (Read 17897 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #375: July 06, 2009, 11:01:07 PM »
We have to go 36-46 just to be one game better than last season (.439 winning percentage).

i still don't get it.  hey lerner family ... we lost 102 games last year, way to do a lot to improve on the team.  way to show us fans you care.

cheap bastards.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #376: July 06, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
Good pitching tonight.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #377: July 06, 2009, 11:03:46 PM »
Good pitching tonight.

yeah stammen and beimel pitched well.  we had bases loaded twice in 7th and 8th no runs.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #378: July 06, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
btw if eagleskins wasn't banned, he would have a field day with tonight's outcome ... guzman/belliard were crappy.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #379: July 06, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »
yeah stammen and beimel pitched well.  we had bases loaded twice in 7th and 8th no runs.

Good pitching on both sides. Marquis would have beaten most teams tonight.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #380: July 06, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »
Good pitching on both sides. Marquis would have beaten most teams tonight.

The stupid ass Nats would have beaten him if their .300 hitter could have hit the ball out of the infield.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #381: July 06, 2009, 11:19:12 PM »
same old Manny. refuses to call out his amigos for crapting their pants with the bases loaded.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #382: July 06, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
I'm really glad Stammen did well tonight. I honestly didn't want to have one of the other guys come up yet. It's better to have more options in the minors than use them all up because guys keep failing in the majors.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #383: July 06, 2009, 11:23:27 PM »
i still don't get it.  hey lerner family ... we lost 102 games last year, way to do a lot to improve on the team.  way to show us fans you care.

cheap bastards.

but they signed your mancrush. wtf are you whining about?

oh, and just pre-emptively...Orlando Hudson has been BENCHED due to playing like crap. read about it they other day. just sayin'.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #384: July 06, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
oh, and just pre-emptively...Orlando Hudson has been BENCHED due to playing like crap. read about it they other day. just sayin'.

Are you sure it was Hudson who was benched? I know Pierre was supposed to get benched once Manny got back.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #385: July 06, 2009, 11:30:34 PM »
Are you sure it was Hudson who was benched? I know Pierre was supposed to get benched once Manny got back.
O-dog was benched, at least temporarily. look at his numbers. 1 for his last 28.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #386: July 06, 2009, 11:31:36 PM »

yep. Hudson was benched.

when asked about it, he said "I stink. You can print that."

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #387: July 06, 2009, 11:34:37 PM »
O-dog was benched, at least temporarily. look at his numbers. 1 for his last 28.

Still pretty surprising. He's an All-Star, too.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #388: July 06, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »
he's still an all-star this year.  hey nick johnson has been bad recently as has ryan zimmerman ... let's bench them.

yeah getting dunn was a start, we could use more help, that's a fact.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #389: July 06, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »
he's still an all-star this year.

like that means crap in this day and age.

hey nick johnson has been bad recently as has ryan zimmerman ... let's bench them.

sure, why not?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #390: July 06, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »
like that means crap in this day and age.

sure, why not?

are you saying hudson's numbers aren't worthy of being our starting second baseman?  have you seen our other options?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #391: July 06, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »
are you saying hudson's numbers aren't worthy of being our starting second baseman?  have you seen our other options?

a-gon of the clutch bat?

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #392: July 06, 2009, 11:52:32 PM »
are you saying hudson's numbers aren't worthy of being our starting second baseman?  have you seen our other options?

I'm saying that you acting like Hudson would make some sort of ridiculously-overblown difference just because he costs more than Hernandez and Gonzalez is stupid.

it's too late now. we didn't sign Hudson. wtf are you going to do about it, besides whine about it every time the Nats lose, as if not signing Hudson is the only damn reason we lost.

yes, we get it. the Lerners are Cheap, they should have signed every single damn free agent on the Market and we should have a 250m payroll.  fine, your point is made. come off it already.

what's done is done. it can't be changed now.

we signed Dunn. we signed Beimel. we didn't sign Hudson. get over it already.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #393: July 06, 2009, 11:55:26 PM »
I'm saying that you acting like Hudson would make some sort of ridiculously-overblown difference just because he costs more than Hernandez and Gonzalez is stupid.

it's too late now. we didn't sign Hudson. wtf are you going to do about it, besides whine about it every time the Nats lose, as if not signing Hudson is the only damn reason we lost.

yes, we get it. the Lerners are Cheap, they should have signed every single damn free agent on the Market and we should have a 250m payroll.  fine, your point is made. come off it already.

:rofl: :clap:

*awaits post about how I'm a stoopidhead because I never hit 80 home runs at Coors Field like Jeffrey Hammonds*

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #394: July 07, 2009, 12:01:56 AM »
freak Manny Acta

If they bring him back next year we will lose 100 games for the third straight season.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #395: July 07, 2009, 12:12:09 AM »

:rofl:

yeah because i said i wanted hudson b/c he costs more.  what a joke.

he's better than gonzalez, belliard, hernandez and harris, that's all.

i'm going to nag about it b/c we failed yet again on bringing a piece in.  that's what our owners do best ... the are dumb, cheap, greedy idiots who have no purpose owning a baseball club ... and what jim bowden failed to do - improve our 2nd base position.

would hudson have made us a contender?  of course not.  but he would've made us a better team (with his glove and bat).  imagine:

CF Morgan
2B Hudson
3B Zimmerman
LF Dunn
RF Willingham
1B Johnson
SS Guzman
C Bard

that'd be much better than throwing one of our other options there.  

so yeah i'm upset b/c we missed the boat.  

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #396: July 07, 2009, 12:18:46 AM »
^ Didn't you say he failed a physical w/ us? If that's true, whose fault is it that he isn't on our team right now?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #397: July 07, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
^ Didn't you say he failed a physical w/ us? If that's true, whose fault is it that he isn't on the team right now?

that's what the "report" was, but he signed just a few days later with the dodgers.  funny world isn't it.

and for the record the mariners just 1-hit shutout the orioles by jarod washburn :rofl: our area has the two worst teams in baseball.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #398: July 07, 2009, 12:22:37 AM »
so tell me Hammonds.

what would the Nats record be, if they signed Hudson?

suppose we signed Dunn, Beimel, and Hudson. and went into the season with the exact same team we did this year, except replacing Hernandez with Hudson.

what's the team's record on July 7th?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #399: July 07, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »
so tell me Hammonds.

what would the Nats record be, if they signed Hudson?

suppose we signed Dunn, Beimel, and Hudson. and went into the season with the exact same team we did this year, except replacing Hernandez with Hudson.

what's the team's record on July 7th?

better than 24-56 :rofl: