Author Topic: All About Ross D (Merges Dess Rotweiler, Cy Young, Appreciation)  (Read 5075 times)

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
it means he can throw hard relatively effortlessly

Thanks,

I did not know that the Nats had tried to change his pitch mechanics (since I only started investing significant time in following the team this April) so that was interesting to read. I feel bad that he got such low confidence because of it.

But he is absolutely adorable when he similes, and I am happy he learned to be happy yet aggressive on the mound. Gio's go it down pat, Edwin and J-Zim seem pretty emotionless on the mound, and the day Stras smiles on the mind will be a cold day in hell.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Man, if det can regain that sick curveball the article talked about it could take him from rising ace to super studmuffin

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
How many stud muffins would we have by then? But having an near-Strasburg level southpaw would be insane  :shock: (though Gio is nasty too)

Also, we've got to find that tape stat!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
Ross Detwiler is part of the reason why WAS can withstand shutdown of Strasburg. Detwiler since All-Star break: 2.79, 49 hits/13 BB/61.1 IP.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Ross Detwiler is part of the reason why WAS can withstand shutdown of Strasburg. Detwiler since All-Star break: 2.79, 49 hits/13 BB/61.1 IP.

:mg: :thumbs:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

his ERA is around 3.00 going back to last season too.  Ross is Boss.

Offline BigMeech

A great man, he is.

Offline Dave B

Dess Rotweiler
« Reply #82: October 11, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »
big up yaself.  all the doubt ant strasburg second guessing, and you put forth the best pitching performance of dc baseball v3. awesome john patterson bs in 2006 or whatever doesnt count. considering the stakes and actual performance. you deserve your name on the front page of a forum

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Dess Rotweiler
« Reply #83: October 11, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »
Achtung Baby!

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #84: October 11, 2012, 11:27:18 PM »
Strasburg? We don't need no Strasburgs

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #85: October 11, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »
So so good :clap: that took some real mental toughness.

The Det we had during the first half of the season would have froze up on the mound. Current Det saved our asses. Thank you, Det. It's amazing to see how much you've changed even over this season.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #86: October 11, 2012, 11:52:40 PM »
If Detwiler can be more consistent with his curveball and his change (which are quite good when on), and combine it with his already nasty fastball, he could be fantastic. He's still really young too.

I can't wait to see him next season with all the experience from this year.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #87: October 12, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
Remember when Rizzo wouldn't pull the trigger on a deal for Michael Bourn because the Astros were insisting that Det be included? Sounded really dumb at the time, but it's looking brilliant right now.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Ross the Boss!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Anyone good here with pitch /fx and some of the pitch plotting tools?

I did not see the broadcast until after Det was pulled, but on game day, it seemed he was actually working the top of the strike zone a lot.  Also, it seemed like he was throwing a lot of sliders.  Anyonbe see a break down of his pitch types, etc... ?

Offline blue911

Anyone good here with pitch /fx and some of the pitch plotting tools?

I did not see the broadcast until after Det was pulled, but on game day, it seemed he was actually working the top of the strike zone a lot.  Also, it seemed like he was throwing a lot of sliders.  Anyonbe see a break down of his pitch types, etc... ?

Look here

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?s_type=3&sp_type=1&batterX=0&inning1=y&inning2=y&inning3=y&inning4=y&inning5=y&inning6=y&inning7=y&inning8=y&inning9=y&month=10&day=11&game=gid_2012_10_11_slnmlb_wasmlb_1%2F&year=2012&pitchSel=446321&prevGame=gid_2012_10_11_slnmlb_wasmlb_1%2F

Offline Count Walewski

That was an amazing start by Detwiler yesterday. Too bad it got overshadowed by an even more dominant performance from the bullpen and, of course, by Jayson Werth.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Wow ... Joyce was awful

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Thanks, Blue.  Brooks only classified 98 pitches, but there was an intentional walk.  81 fastballs, 33 4 seam and 48 sinker/ 2 seam.  14 sliders, 3 changes.   That I think is normal detwiler percentages, although maybe he hit closer to 90 % fastballs in some starts.  Looks like he got quite a few called strikes outside off the plate (look just off the plate) but that Joyce missed a number of balls plainly in the strike zone.  Not so much squeezed as a bit random.  Third graph shows a lot of 1st pitch and 2d pitch strikes high, with only 2 put in play above 3.0 feet.  Beltran's sac fly was an elevated 2 seam / sinker on a second pitch.

Fun stuff.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #95: October 12, 2012, 12:11:22 PM »
Strasburg? We don't need no Strasburgs

OMG - That's so funny!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #96: October 12, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
I remember when they drafted Ross, Dana Brown's scouting report focused on his success pitching in cold and rainy weather down the stretch. The theory was that he would be a guy who could pitch in October. Well, here we are in October with the temp dropping, and the kid comes up big. It wasn't just the outcome. He was dealing. Nice to see him settle in and be on in an atmosphere and situation like that.

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #97: October 12, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »
I remember when they drafted Ross, Dana Brown's scouting report focused on his success pitching in cold and rainy weather down the stretch. The theory was that he would be a guy who could pitch in October. Well, here we are in October with the temp dropping, and the kid comes up big. It wasn't just the outcome. He was dealing. Nice to see him settle in and be on in an atmosphere and situation like that.

:clap:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #98: October 12, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »
he was outstanding.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #99: October 12, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
9 months from today we're going to have a whole bunch of new babies named Ross or Jayson.