Author Topic: NFL Thread (2012-13)  (Read 53879 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: NFL Thread (2012)
« Reply #1425: January 14, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
RGIII played up to the Hype, but Wilson was nearly as good (it took him longer to acclimate) and definitely with in three first round picks of Griffen- maybe griffen pulls away in the long run, but right now, the trade looks like another redskins over pay (only difference is under Shanahan the team over pays with draft picks- McNabb, Brown now RG3- instead of money)

I agree with this. It was an obvious overpay and it will definitely hurt the team development. I just can't hate on the trade because at the time, we needed a franchise QB. And we got one with RGIII. There was no way in hell we'd pick Wilson. And I stick by the deal in the first place because this season, aside from the injury, proved that RGIII was every bit worth it. I think he'll stay consistent year after year. It's upsetting with this injury, though, but again, I'll wait until something drastic happens before I start talking about the possibilities.

It is going to hurt knowing that we won't have that first round pick to pick up a corner, safety, lineman, and so on... but maybe something become available... whether that's through trading or the free agency is the question. Or if anything will happen at all.