Author Topic: Cool Sports Stuff  (Read 496 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Cool Sports Stuff
« Topic Start: November 18, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
What's you're favorite piece of sports memoribilia? There are a couple pieces that I have that I really like, but I recently slapped this together for one of my best friends who had to move out the Phoenix. The center pic is of Me, Alison, and him at NLDS home game one. The tickets are the ones from that game. I slapped a couple baseball cards in there for good measure. Included in the cards are a Strasburg, Zimmerman and two Harper rookie cards. He doesn't know I put it together for him... I hope he likes it...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Cool Sports Stuff
« Reply #1: November 18, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
Wayyy Cool!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: November 18, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
You're a good friend. I'm sure he'll love it.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3: November 18, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure I still have my ticket stub for JZ's debut, and I know I have one for Strasburg's.  Those are my best DC ones. 

A Jon Lester autographed baseball (He's a non-hodgkin's lymphoma survivor.  My Mom passed away from the disease in 2007.  He threw his no hitter on 5/19/08, what was her next birthday).

I tend to keep a lot of ticket stubs,  programs, and hats,  so I have the program from my college's win in its rivalry football game my senior year, a few wheaties boxes and newspapers after pro team wins, and the 2008 first pitch photo given out outside the park after RZ's walk off. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #4: November 18, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »
First of all, great idea Cope  ....

Two favorite stubs are the '83 NCAA Championship and '83 NFC Championship game.    Havlicek's autograph on the his last game (stub) at the Capital Centre.   Got Larry Bird on a napkin and Bob Knight in a book about Indiana basketball.    Wish I still had my Dick Groat autograph  .....

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #5: November 18, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
Ours is a frame of the first game at Nats Park -tickets and pictures

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #6: November 19, 2012, 03:07:04 AM »
Ours is a frame of the first game at Nats Park -tickets and pictures

Very cool, I'm gonna miss the entire season next year (working a year long contract in Baghdad) but my girl has plans to take the kids to opening day and do the whole picture/tickets thing

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #7: November 19, 2012, 03:27:16 AM »
I have an Expos flag that flew over the center field score board at Wrigley Field.  I tried to get a Nationals one this year to pair with it, but the auction got too expensive in the end.  I'm going to save up and try again next  year.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #8: November 19, 2012, 04:18:17 AM »
I've got all the freebies given out since 2005, 25 or 30 different jerseys, cards, signed bats, balls, caps and jerseys.

But there are only two I can't imagine ever parting with or losing. First is the foul ball Lastings Milledge, one of my favorite players ever (sarcasm for those who haven't been here for long.) hit that broke my rib. Covered my face, ended up smacking me square in the chest. Still can't believe the ball dropped into my seat while I was standing and no one noticed or grabbed it for the few seconds I was staggered with pain.

Other is the can of beer Werth tossed to me on the Monday game we clinched the division this year. Getting sprayed with beer wasn't fun, but the crumpled Miller Lite Nats can from Werth is definitely a highlight of my collection of Nats stuff. From one of the greatest moments in team history, and something with a personal story to it. Nothing special, their $100 champagne bottles have the same providence, and to most it might just look like a piece of trash empty beer can I bought from a vendor. But for me it's a treasured item all the same.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: November 19, 2012, 06:35:44 AM »
Oh gosh.  You mean I have to pick one?  Well if its a Nationals, the two that cone immediately to mind is the picture I took of Mikey Morse on On Field Photo Day which I got autographed.  I asked him to put TAKE ON ME on it.  He did so as well as BEAST MODE ! 

One fanfest or Picnic I must have gotten 12 or so autographs in my media guide.  It includes Pudge and Livo.

Offline LomboLover

« Reply #10: November 21, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »
Very cool, I'm gonna miss the entire season next year (working a year long contract in Baghdad) but my girl has plans to take the kids to opening day and do the whole picture/tickets thing

We'll miss you, Babe, but I'll be sure to send you a souvenir or two from the games.  ;)