Poll

Who would you rather keep?

Adam LaRoche
68 (60.7%)
Michael Morse
44 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: Morse or LaRoche  (Read 51565 times)

Offline Mattionals

Re: Morse or LaRoche
« Reply #175: November 01, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
You make good points, I should have said that earlier, it's just difficult to keep track of what you're saying when I start paragraph four.

It's cool man, no worries here.

Also, everyone's favorite stay at home dad from Boston posted this on ESPN:

Quote from: ESPN Insider garbage
3. Washington Nationals trade 1B/OF/DH Michael Morse to the Toronto Blue Jays for RHP Kyle Drabek and IF Mike McCoy.

As Dan Szymborski noted in his Tuesday article on the Nationals, the team has very few holes, so consider this move addition by subtraction. Over the past three years, just five qualified position players have been worse defensively than Morse, per UZR. And with the Nationals intent on re-signing Adam LaRoche, that leaves Morse in left field, where he is completely and utterly exposed. Chad Tracy and Tyler Moore were just as effective offensively last year as Morse was, and they aren't going to kill the Nats in the pasture the way that Morse will.

In left field, Morse's bat isn't good enough to make up for his awful defense. Moving him to Toronto would permit to the Blue Jays to finally bid adieu to Adam Lind, and Morse and Edwin Encarnacion could take turns at first base and designated hitter. In return for Morse, Washington gets a lottery ticket in Drabek, and a very solid utility player in McCoy. McCoy is a demon on the basepaths and can field every position outside of pitcher and catcher with aplomb.

I don't hate this move actually.  Drabek has the stuff, but could never harness it.  He is injured with TJ but I think he could figure it out in AAA.  The utility guy doesn't make much sense when Lombo is available though.  I think another prospect would be good in return.