Author Topic: Isaac  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Isaac
« Reply #26: August 28, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
I heard that I think on Weather Channel.  I remember several years ago taking my kids to the beach when there was a hurricane way out in the Gulf, we got there and the Gulf was flat which was so strange.  We decided to walk out on the pier and when we got 1/2 way across we realized the wind was making waves in the opposite direction of how they normally roll in, really brought home the power of the wind.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #27: August 28, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
The baromoter is dropping. Slightly.

Here's another site: http://google.org/crisismap/weather_and_events

Offline Slateman

« Reply #28: August 29, 2012, 01:13:36 AM »
Pretty much stalling at this point. Just sucking up moisture from and then dumping it back on New Orleans.

Looks like we're going to find out if all the money spent on the levees is going to be worht it

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #29: August 29, 2012, 08:53:43 AM »
slate- it's a bit later now, but it was the weather channel.  Sounds like one levy in Plaquemines may have been breached, per WTOP this am.

By the way, doesn't a place called "Plaquemines" sound like a great place to set up a dentist's office?  Crest should offer to pick up a chunk of the parish's budget to change the name to "Flossbrushandrinse" for a day.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #30: August 29, 2012, 01:10:31 PM »

Offline Slateman

« Reply #31: August 29, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »
slate- it's a bit later now, but it was the weather channel.  Sounds like one levy in Plaquemines may have been breached, per WTOP this am.

By the way, doesn't a place called "Plaquemines" sound like a great place to set up a dentist's office?  Crest should offer to pick up a chunk of the parish's budget to change the name to "Flossbrushandrinse" for a day.

NO

It was not breached. I hate that the media ran with that story. First thing I got at 5:40am was a call from someone high up asking what happened.

It's overtopping. Essentially, the wind was blowing the water over the levee's edge. It did not breach, but there is some flodding. Not surprising, really.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #32: August 29, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
The National Guard is now reporting that the levee may have broke

Offline Slateman

« Reply #33: August 30, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
Looking like it will become a Tropical Depression soon.