Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1 (L)  (Read 13787 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1 (L)
« Reply #175: August 14, 2006, 09:38:57 PM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
I think Frank Robinson is the only player to hit 3 HRs in one game in RFK, for the AL Orioles.  Chipper Jones has done it for the NL Braves.  Let's face it, we have minor league pitchers at best.  Kasten said at the sale he was pursuing pitching.  If I were NOLD, I wouldn't get attached to Patterson.  He's cheap but totally unreliable.   I don't want someone who's on the DL half the year, every single year.  Dump him.  And Frank.
(Image removed from quote.)

Hold up.  Are you proposing we release John Patterson?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #176: August 14, 2006, 09:39:42 PM »
Quote from: "PC"
Is this rock bottom?

I think they should put the bat girl in the game.  If she gets a hit and strikes out the side, we keep her in there.  THAT's rock bottom!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #177: August 14, 2006, 09:45:17 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Hold up.  Are you proposing we release John Patterson?

No, trade him.  He will never be part of our rotation for long, because he will always be injured.  Another permanent victim of Tommy John surgery, who will never be the same.  Let someone else pay him to sit on their DL list half the year, or more.  Let's pay younger pitchers, who will show up.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #178: August 14, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »
All right, this sucks.

Now can Diaz get the all-time National League Record???  Lets go Diaz! :)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #179: August 14, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »
Nope.

Offline Vladman1327

« Reply #180: August 14, 2006, 09:48:26 PM »
Though, knowing our luck, Chipper will still probably hit his 4th home run today.

Offline Vladman1327

« Reply #181: August 14, 2006, 09:57:19 PM »
Did everyone leave?

By the way, I love the radio announcers' home run calls.  "Going, going, and GOODBYE!  GONE!  BANG ZOOM GO THE FIREWORKS!"  Charlie Slowes is cool.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #182: August 14, 2006, 10:01:29 PM »
Church hit a HR in the 9th?  [Yawn.]  How nice.

iluvryanzimmerman

« Reply #183: August 14, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »
where qaz zimmerman ?? i all i saw damian jackson

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #184: August 14, 2006, 10:31:07 PM »
Quote from: "iluvryanzimmerman"
where qaz zimmerman ?? i all i saw damian jackson

He (Zimmerman) left in the fifth or something like that.

iluvryanzimmerman

« Reply #185: August 14, 2006, 10:35:38 PM »
Y ??? injry or just he wanted to come out ?? or something

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #186: August 14, 2006, 10:59:07 PM »
Y ??? injry or just he wanted to come out ?? or something

His bat looked tired.  He just needed a break.

iluvryanzimmerman

« Reply #187: August 15, 2006, 12:58:20 AM »
II liek y avavtar with ryan zimmerman on it

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #188: August 15, 2006, 01:00:06 AM »
II liek y avavtar with ryan zimmerman on it

Thanks  8)

« Reply #189: August 15, 2006, 06:24:54 AM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
I think Frank Robinson is the only player to hit 3 HRs in one game in RFK, for the AL Orioles.  Chipper Jones has done it for the NL Braves.  Let's face it, we have minor league pitchers at best.  Kasten said at the sale he was pursuing pitching.  If I were NOLD, I wouldn't get attached to Patterson.  He's cheap but totally unreliable.   I don't want someone who's on the DL half the year, every single year.  Dump him.  And Frank.
(Image removed from quote.)

Patterson will not be traded, at least not next season.  They are already in the process of getting him healthy and grooming him to be the ace of the staff.  To get rid of him would truly show "lack of commitment" more so than ridding ourselves of Soriano who, by the way, I wouldn't get too attached too either.

If Patterson is as worthless as you say, who could we get for him then?  Who would replace him as the ace of the staff?  Ortiz?  Day?  Armas Jr.?  Those names in that role give me the upchuck feeling.

Patterson has such potential if he can stay healthy.  He has from now to Opening Day to get himself in order.  We don't even fully know what we have in him yet so to just up and get rid of him without giving him the chance in the Ace role is totally jumping the gun.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #190: August 15, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Patterson will not be traded, at least not next season.  They are already in the process of getting him healthy and grooming him to be the ace of the staff.  To get rid of him would truly show "lack of commitment" more so than ridding ourselves of Soriano who, by the way, I wouldn't get too attached too either.
If Patterson is as worthless as you say, who could we get for him then?  Who would replace him as the ace of the staff?  Ortiz?  Day?  Armas Jr.?  Those names in that role give me the upchuck feeling.
Patterson has such potential if he can stay healthy.  He has from now to Opening Day to get himself in order.  We don't even fully know what we have in him yet so to just up and get rid of him without giving him the chance in the Ace role is totally jumping the gun.

We already gave Patterson a chance - this year.  He was supposed to be our ace in 2006.  We were "getting him healthy and grooming him to be the ace of the staff" in 2006.  Everybody had him listed as a key part of our rotation, including Frank.  We did not have an adequate replacement when he was unavailable for almost the ENTIRE SEASON.  We cannot do this to ourselves next year, for the 3rd year in a row.  At $450K Patterson is cheap.  But we're really paying him the equivalent of $2 million, for the few games he's played.  I would trade him for a majors-ready prospect who has never had Tommy John surgery, who can perform as well as a $2 million pitcher, given the opportunity.