10+ wins and deep into NFC Playoffs
8 (47.1%)
Loss in Super Bowl
1 (5.9%)
Super Bowl Champs
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 28, 2006, 09:32:36 AM

Author Topic: Redskins Poll  (Read 5446 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Redskins Poll
« Topic Start: June 29, 2006, 05:52:32 PM »
Like I said, Washington fans (fans in any city really) too often assume that everyone in in whatever forum they are in, are all local fans, when in fact many non local fans simply choose to remain silent, possibly out of fear of ridicule, maybe because they stink at standing up for their team, who knows. In my case, the odds of my remaining silent is as likely to happen as RFK sprouting wings and flying away. I'm not afraid to speak my mind... Even in Redskin country. :wink:

Quote from: "ncg1983"
We obviously have our biases towards our teams, but you don't really have any argument as to why Redskins fans are so bad.  Every team has their batch of annoying, ignorant fans.  As a matter of fact, I have heard numerous times on ESPN how educated (football-wise) of a fan base this team has.

I'm not going to go into detail about all the football fans I've met over the years, but suffice to say, that so far, the most vulgar and obnoxious fans I've ever seen, regardless of sport, have been Yankee fans, with Redskins fans a close second.

As for Washington fans being educated (football wise), my guess is since DC has a very high percentage of college graduates, and the fact that most of the colleges they came from probably had a football program, where even non-players simply by rubbing elbows with other fans, ended up with a pretty good knowledge of football. But hey, that's only a guess...

Once again, resorting back to ESPN, NFL.com etc, I find it funny how you think that we have "done very little to get better."

If you call a whole slew of FA signings improving your team, more power to you. But all those new faces wont do anything to improve the Skins. I think if they play over .500 they will have done well, especially with all the new players they have.

I can't guarantee that we will finish ahead of the Cowboys, but I think it is outrageous that you believe the Cards will be better than us.

I'm predicting the Cowboys will win the division and that the Cardinals do better than the Redskins... Let me hear you predictions.

As I said at the beginning, I have enjoyed reading your posts about the Nationals, but I think it is somewhat out of line that you bash Redskins fans without any argument.

Well, like most people, I judge from what I see, or in my case, from what I  have seen.

By the way, how did you become a Cowboys fan (I'm not being sarcastic).

In the mid 60's when I was a year away from high school, (it would be newly opened the year I entered) I knew it was going to have a football team and I wanted to give it a try. So for the entire season prior to that 1st HS year, I watched ever football game on TV I could. I was hoping I could learn the ins and outs, and maybe pick up some clues to the game, but what it ended up doing, was teach me the game, not how to play it. I loved all the games I watched, but something about the 3 Dallas games I saw that season had me more on the edge of my seat than any of the others. I thought Tom Landry looked cool standing on the sidelines, I loved watching Clarke and Hayes catch the ball, and I loved watching Dandy Don Meredith throw and work the pocket. Anyway, to make a long story short, by the end of the season, I was a Cowboys fan.