Poll

Management: In the Offseason, What do you want the New Owners to do MOST?

Re-Hire Tony Tavares
0 (0%)
Re-Hire Frank Robinson
0 (0%)
Re-Hire Jim Bowden
0 (0%)
Bring Em All Back!
1 (6.7%)
Let Tony Tavares Walk
1 (6.7%)
Let Frank Robinson Walk. Retire Old Man!
3 (20%)
Let Jim Bowden Walk.  Back to Cold Pizza!
3 (20%)
To Hell with them, get them ALL outta here!
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: September 13, 2005, 09:20:48 PM

Author Topic: Poll: What do you want the New Owners to do?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Dave B

Poll: What do you want the New Owners to do?
« Topic Start: September 14, 2005, 11:18:49 AM »
I think taveras could have tried to get more out of MLB, money-wise. Maybe he did and they told him to f-off, I really dont kow. It was the whole september call up thing, where the budget only allowed for zimmerman to be called up. Then, more were allowed to come 3 or 4 days later.  They wouldnt have come if the meda didnt call them on it. Those 3 or 4 days couldnt have been a matter of more than tens of thousands of dollars.  They are not operating on that thin of a margin. The plan was "only zimmerman" then "oh no, they will be here in 3 days".  Over the course of a month, there might have been some savings, still marginal compared to nats profits and budget for a whole season.

As i write this, I realize I dont know what went on behind the scenes. Maybe Tavares fought for money, maybe he didnt.

Fact of the matter next year Tavares or whoever will not have to beg for money from owners who dont care, and his job is less pivotal.

So fine, he can stay, as I guess he was good at getting tickets printed and stuff like that.