Poll

Give Cards fans a chance at legit discussion?

Yes, let them register and give them a short leash
30 (50%)
No, don't let them in at all
30 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Cards fans, approve/deny?  (Read 3271 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Cards fans, approve/deny?
« Reply #25: October 10, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
Of course let them in.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #26: October 10, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
Of course let them in.

Sanity. If you can't handle a few trolls, you probably should stay off the Internet.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #27: October 10, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
And LOL those who thought we would see an onslaught of Cards fans today because they "travel well." I can count on one hand the Cards fans I saw.

BTW, they're very nice in a midwestern way. But very condescending.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #28: October 10, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
There were about 4 in 114. As for the ones queuing up, bounce them, and they can take the Phiilies fans with them.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #29: October 10, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
What a bunch of pansies you are - the folks denying entry. 

Probably the same folks saying the Nats can't handle the pressure.

Let them in.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #30: October 10, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »
Got a few obvious Cards fans in the registration queue...  opinions?

Allow them in, but if they have to recognize this is a Nats board, we root for the Nats, and will throw shots at the Cards as part of it.  If they want to post about a player like Kozma, what he can hit, whether a pitcher is pitch to contact or avoids contact, then fine.  If they want to post "nats fans are front runners / Harper stinks / so and so is [gay / foreign / minority / handicapped] then they can take that knuckle dragging to the principal of their elementary school, or we can report it to their college or employer.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #31: October 10, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »
They only want to come here now to talk crap. Let them in and grant us carte blanche on what we can post to counter.  :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #32: October 10, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
Allow them in, but if they have to recognize this is a Nats board, we root for the Nats, and will throw shots at the Cards as part of it.  If they want to post about a player like Kozma, what he can hit, whether a pitcher is pitch to contact or avoids contact, then fine.  If they want to post "nats fans are front runners / Harper stinks / so and so is [gay / foreign / minority / handicapped] then they can take that knuckle dragging to the principal of their elementary school, or we can report it to their college or employer.

^ If they are let in we (the mods) will need to use the warning system very liberally with anything resembling trolling and general asshattery.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33: October 10, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
I'm game.  20 points automatic from you, me or tom whenever we get annoyed with a post.  I'm a tolerant man, and would not even mind 4 Aces showing up occasionally, but if I'm already annoyed at the taunts, I can see myself doing a lot of deleting when I should be working.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #34: October 10, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
they can come in after the series is over.  Heck, if the Giants get bounced out along with us, I'm rooting for the Cards the rest of the way (assuming Oakland gets knocked out as well).

Offline cards12in12

« Reply #35: October 10, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
Of course not. They have their own forums. Naive to think anyone showing up now has good intentions.

While you are at it, I say black ball that cards12in12 punk.

Now that's not nice. I've been respectful to all of you. I haven't seen any Cards fans in here trolling anybody. But if you're going to let us stay, at least allow us to have a discussion and not bounce us anytime we disagree with you. We've never dealt with the Nats in the postseason. Most of us come over because were tired of dealing with Cubs, Cincy, and Brewers fans.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36: October 10, 2012, 11:07:05 PM »
Obed - back it down a bit, please?  We've had opponents post before, and not all of them are trolls.  I don't want the series discussion to devolve into a flame war. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #37: October 10, 2012, 11:29:35 PM »
Wangshington was fine.  tribe time on the other hand is a cracker redneck douche who has nothing to contribute to any topic other than the niceties of properly accessorising Irocs with skynrd seatcovers. 

But back on topic, I agree, let the Cards fans in...remember Iron Pig from the Phils series a year or two ago?  He was fine, and actually managed to elevate the level of discourse over the usual poo throwing.  Ditto Charm City Crab way back when.

Sure. The more the merrier.

They'll leave soon enough. Like Tribe Time and Wangshington.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #38: October 11, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
Obed - back it down a bit, please?  We've had opponents post before, and not all of them are trolls.  I don't want the series discussion to devolve into a flame war. 

this is the internets you know

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #39: October 11, 2012, 07:59:40 AM »
What Cardinals fans?  I saw less than ten.

Didn't see a lot in the ballpark yesterday either.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #40: October 11, 2012, 08:19:04 AM »
No trolls here please.  I post both here and on the MLB message board.  Plenty of trolls there.  If they come here, there is nothing left to distinguish the two forums.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41: October 11, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »
There's a difference between a troll and a fan of an opponent.  Someone who is baiting, agitating, looking for a fight, or otherwise causing the discussion to deteriorate will get muted.  Right now, it is not any of the Cards fan(s) that are doing that.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #42: October 11, 2012, 12:10:44 PM »
short leash, we've had opponents fans here before, some great, and some horrendous. There's no reason to paint a broad brush

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #43: October 11, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »
Cards fans are not particularly annoying. Of course, with a fan base as large as the Cards, even if only 1% of the fans are jerks, that's still a lot of people. But I could probably name at least 15 franchises with worse fans than the Cards.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #44: October 11, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »
short leash, we've had opponents fans here before, some great, and some horrendous. There's no reason to paint a broad brush

Broad brush? Why not? That's like saying - "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Yeah, can't think of a better reason to hate your ass

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #45: October 11, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
I'm game.  20 points automatic from you, me or tom whenever we get annoyed with a post.  I'm a tolerant man, and would not even mind 4 Aces showing up occasionally, but if I'm already annoyed at the taunts, I can see myself doing a lot of deleting when I should be working.

Just save yourself trouble, man. You know they are just getting on here to talk smack.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #46: October 11, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
Just save yourself trouble, man. You know they are just getting on here to talk smack.

ignore user still works

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #47: October 11, 2012, 01:00:52 PM »
He says as he quotes a user that others might be ignoring.  :o
ignore user still works

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #48: October 11, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »
The Ignore button is for the weak.

Offline LostYudite