Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 3  (Read 20296 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 3
« Reply #200: August 24, 2008, 04:25:30 PM »
That's horrible. I can't stand the preseason. I can stomach players getting hurt during the first play of the regular season because that's the way things go but I cannot stand it in meaningless games. Maybe Strahan will come back.

Yeah, another reason why the preseason system is broken, IMO.  Generally over the last 20 years, the amount of injuries during preseason (and during the season) have been increasing.  If they need more time to evaluate players, than extend the amount of OTAs/camps they can have, but 4-5 preseason games is just stupid.  Especially when you factor in the rising value of players and what it means to lose a key position like blindside tackle or even worse, QB.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #201: August 24, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
I like these half-OT GD threads. There isn't much game crap to talk about these days.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #202: August 24, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
  Even if you get blessed with a girl that loves sports,

Actually I can't stand these types either.  :?  I prefer chicks who don't particularly like sports (that way I can do sports separately) but who don't mind men that love sports like me.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #203: August 24, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »
Yeah, another reason why the preseason system is broken, IMO.  Generally over the last 20 years, the amount of injuries during preseason (and during the season) have been increasing.  If they need more time to evaluate players, than extend the amount of OTAs/camps they can have, but 4-5 preseason games is just stupid.  Especially when you factor in the rising value of players and what it means to lose a key position like blindside tackle or even worse, QB.

Something's just weird these days w/ the injuries. It's happening in every sport. I thought athletes were getting stronger?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #204: August 24, 2008, 04:27:43 PM »

But the owners will never agree to that because they charge regular full price for preseason games. My tickets for both preseason games will go unused as it is.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #205: August 24, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »

Actually I can't stand these types either.  :?  I prefer chicks who don't particularly like sports (that way I can do sports separately) but who don't mind men that love sports like me.

I like the girls that like the sports, understand them enough where you don't have to explain what a single is, but can still respect your "sports space".  I totally understand not having her participate in every aspect of your sports fandom, because after all that is part of the appeal of sports, the escapism of it.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #206: August 24, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
But the owners will never agree to that because they charge regular full price for preseason games. My tickets for both preseason games will go unused as it is.

So true, thats why I have always wanted them to just change the preseason games into actual games.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #207: August 24, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
How is that a strike? Way inside. The pitch before was closer to a strike. Can't stand that p.o.s. Angel Hernandez. He hates the Nats with a passion.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #208: August 24, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
I like the girls that like the sports, understand them enough where you don't have to explain what a single is, but can still respect your "sports space".  I totally understand not having her participate in every aspect of your sports fandom, because after all that is part of the appeal of sports, the escapism of it.

That's why I like being a writer. I get my escape when I want to because "I'm working." :lol:

Offline daveb32

« Reply #209: August 24, 2008, 04:30:18 PM »
BALL 4 BY A freakIN MILE.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #210: August 24, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »
Something's just weird these days w/ the injuries. It's happening in every sport. I thought athletes were getting stronger?

Yeah but only in the amount of weight they can lift or in how fast they can run. This extra strength and speed taxes the body and causes more injuries. Plus, mentally, players are of a weaker ilk these days.

BULLcrap call by the ump. I would've gone the freak off on his nag ass!

Offline expos96

« Reply #211: August 24, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
Was that strike 3 or ball 4...

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #212: August 24, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »

Absolutely.  I think part of it is a larger focus on getting "bigger and stronger" rather than getting into shape as to prevent injury and promote endurance.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #213: August 24, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
How is that a strike? Way inside. The pitch before was closer to a strike. Can't stand that p.o.s. Angel Hernandez. He hates the Nats with a passion.

I think it crossed corner of the plate.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #214: August 24, 2008, 04:31:10 PM »
Yeah but only in the amount of weight they can lift or in how fast they can run. This extra strength and speed taxes the body and causes more injuries. Plus, mentally, players are of a weaker ilk these days.

BULLcrap call by the ump. I would've gone the freak off on his nag ass!
Definitely. I would have gotten myself thrown out. freak that idiot. That ball was way inside. Even that dummy Soto pulled it back into the middle of the plate. So obviously not a strike to everyone but the umpire.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #215: August 24, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
That's why I like being a writer. I get my escape when I want to because "I'm working." :lol:
How's your stuff coming along?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #216: August 24, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »

the best of both worlds.  Your work can become your play (and your escape).

Offline spidernat

« Reply #217: August 24, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »
I like the girls that like the sports, understand them enough where you don't have to explain what a single is, but can still respect your "sports space". 

What about the broads who aren't die hard fans but only use sports as a way to socialize or hook up with guys that love sports?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #218: August 24, 2008, 04:32:41 PM »
that was probably the worst strike/ball call i have seen in some time.  i mean look at the replay and the ball hit the right leg target, which is well off the plate.  guzman and the nats got hosed.  angel hernandez is just downright horrible.

Offline expos96

« Reply #219: August 24, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
Absolutely.  I think part of it is a larger focus on getting "bigger and stronger" rather than getting into shape as to prevent injury and promote endurance.

But the sports are more intense, faster.
This is heavy on muscle and bones and so more injuries are likely to happen.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #220: August 24, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
I think it crossed corner of the plate.

No way that crossed the plate. Reverse the teams and it's called ball 4.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #221: August 24, 2008, 04:35:29 PM »

What about the broads who aren't die hard fans but only use sports as a way to socialize or hook up with guys that love sports?

I usually see through that crap and leave those girls for the muscle heads that don't know what they are getting into.    Although, some of the "hotter" girls I have hooked up with have fit into this category, none of them were keepers though.  I can't stand girls that are fake, in regards to sports or other areas.  It may be sappy, but I dig girls that are just true to who they are and just seem natural in their actions (maybe in other areas too).

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #222: August 24, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »
How's your stuff coming along?

I went back and re-wrote a bunch of the one I told you about. It's looking better now. Might take me another month or two to finish.

Offline expos96

« Reply #223: August 24, 2008, 04:36:09 PM »
That's part of being the 'loosing' team: Calls not in your favour or even 'against' you.
Happens in all sports.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #224: August 24, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »

+1.  totally agree.