Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 104028 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #250: February 15, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »
Anybody else catch the new Walking Dead?

Thought the "mid-season" premiere did a good job of moving the story along.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #251: February 15, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
Looking forward to "Awake" - the trailer does a good job of setting it up.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #252: February 15, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
i really can't get into top gear.  the guys in that show really piss me off (the host - the dude from survivor and curb your enthusiasm is okay) and it's kinda boring to me.

i stick with pawn stars, american pickers, american restoration and of course all the daytime shows (modern marvels, how the _____ was built, etc).

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #253: February 15, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »
i really can't get into top gear.  the guys in that show really piss me off (the host - the dude from survivor and curb your enthusiasm is okay) and it's kinda boring to me.

the american version is awful- the brit version is one of the best shows on tv

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #254: February 15, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
the american version is awful- the brit version is one of the best shows on tv

THIS!

Go to finalgear.com and start downloading.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #255: February 15, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Looking forward to "Awake" - the trailer does a good job of setting it up.

yeah looks amazing.  curious to see how long they'll be able to keep the show fresh though. 

i will definitely be checking it out.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #256: February 15, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »

i stick with pawn stars, american pickers, american restoration and of course all the daytime shows (modern marvels, how the _____ was built, etc).

You mean Top Shot?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #257: February 15, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
So the third episode of "My 600lb Life" might be the best of the three so far.  Dude went from 715lbs to 275lbs over the seven year period they documented and, like the first woman they followed, totally turned his life around.  Dude totally got what he had to do to lose weight and keep it off, much better than the crybaby slob they was profiled last week that was back to whale status at the end of the seven years.

The series finale next week looks to be a total disaster.

Offline imref

« Reply #258: February 15, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »
restaurant impossible is becoming my favorite show as of late.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #259: February 16, 2012, 01:03:49 AM »
So the third episode of "My 600lb Life" might be the best of the three so far.  Dude went from 715lbs to 275lbs over the seven year period they documented and, like the first woman they followed, totally turned his life around.  Dude totally got what he had to do to lose weight and keep it off, much better than the crybaby slob they was profiled last week that was back to whale status at the end of the seven years.

The series finale next week looks to be a total disaster.

Trying to find this online, but only finding clips.  The one woman was in a store shopping in a motorized cart and some guy as she walks by says "At least you're smilin' right?  You get any bigger you just get yourself a bigger damn wagon!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

What a douche bag old man.  She was RIGHT THERE!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #260: February 16, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »
Trying to find this online, but only finding clips.  The one woman was in a store shopping in a motorized cart and some guy as she walks by says "At least you're smilin' right?  You get any bigger you just get yourself a bigger damn wagon!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

What a douche bag old man.  She was RIGHT THERE!

Yeah, that woman (Melissa Morris) had a complete transformation and, like the guy last night, is probably going to keep the weight off.  If you get the chance to watch that episode you'll see that her husband is a complete and total assclown though.  Still, it was pretty amazing to see her go from being a home bound 600+lb shut-in with no hope of a better life living in a trailer in rural Texas to having a kid, working for the doctor that performed her surgeries, and getting ready to ditch her sorry sack of crap for a husband.

The second guy they profiled (Donald) is probably back up to 600lbs and looking like a goddamn whale, though.  Dude is a total whiner that didn't want to do any work to get his life together and probably still has his dumbazz momma shoving Taco Bell® down his pie hole while he does donuts in his Mart Kart™.  He has a little meltdown when the doctor tells him, in pretty much this fashion, "you're getting fat again, what the freak is going on?", which was pretty funny. 

Offline imref

« Reply #261: February 16, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
I've never been a big fan of 30 Rock but tonight I watched a rerun featuring LL Cool J and Wayne Brady, and Tracey Morgan turning into Oprah to host The Source Awards.

That was one of the funniest 30 minutes I've ever seen.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #262: February 19, 2012, 11:30:48 PM »
Just watched last Monday's How I Met Your Mother, and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #263: February 19, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »

Damn it my DVR is eating shows left and right, I'll have to watch it on demand or something. It also ate House and you have to wait 15 days to watch those on demand :bang:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #264: February 19, 2012, 11:34:06 PM »

I went to the Gold and Silver Pawn shop, and I immediately bought something :hide:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #265: February 19, 2012, 11:38:32 PM »
I've got my DVR at 75% full right now.  Once I move on Tuesday I can start cleaning that sucker out for baseball season.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #266: February 20, 2012, 01:13:38 AM »

I actually didn't really enjoy it that much.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #267: February 20, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
I actually didn't really enjoy it that much.

Well, it did make me scream AAAAAAAA. I mean, the drunk train and the Beautiful Mind parody were hilarious, but the serious stuff was... blerg. There's not much time left this season, either.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #268: February 20, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
Just watched the simpsons from last night- if you've given up on them, this season is much closer to their best than any season in years

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #269: February 20, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »
Just watched the simpsons from last night- if you've given up on them, this season is much closer to their best than any season in years

I've heard that. Good to see the quality is returning.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #270: February 20, 2012, 04:06:25 PM »
in case you don't own it on blu-ray, dvd, laserdisc, vhs, netflix, etc ... there is a Band of Brothers marathon on Spike. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #271: February 20, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
I've heard that. Good to see the quality is returning.

I've heard that as well. I did see one episode a while back and it was absolutely hilarious.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #272: February 21, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
Community returns March 15.

EDIT: Uh can we have an Alison Brie gifs thread please.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #273: February 22, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
top chef wow...

i hope paul completely smokes sarah.  almost as much as i wanted blais and stephanie to destroy lisa in season 4.  boy i didn't like lisa.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #274: February 23, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »
top chef:

so glad Paul's still in it. It sucks for Lindsay. She was awesome and cute and I liked her waaaaaay more than Sarah. Too bad Ed isn't in the game still.