Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Rockies vs Nationals, Game 1 (L)  (Read 14792 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Quote from: "The Chief"
You guys are blowing Ortiz' performance out of proportion.  The first run that scored was due to some broken bat bad luck for Ortiz, so really it should be 2-2, and you can't complain about a starter giving up 2 or 3 runs in 7 innings.  Blame our offense if you want to blame anyone.

QFT

Offline PC

Why is Ortiz still in with his pitch count at 118?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Quote from: "PC"
I don't think we have much chance of winning this series anyway.  We'll be lucky to get a split.  I mean think about it.  Two teams with the same records, but the Rockies are just under .500 DURING A SLUMP while the Nats are just under .500 DURING THE HOTTEST STREAK OF THE YEAR.

By that logic we wouldn't have won anything over the past three weeks.

We're at home and they're very far away from theirs and they're hardly world-beaters, in the best of circumstances!

Yeah I know, but I'm just saying that sometimes there are more to matchups than stats, and I feel like the Rockies are gonna rain on our parade.  They have a very solid team and it's not like we can continue this hot streak forever.  Another series win would be great, but realistically, I'll be satisfied with a 2-2 split.

Online nats2playoffs

Good God, Stanton with a runner on - but he IS facing a lefty!!!

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Statnton, Rauch, And Majewski are top 3 in the N.L in appearannces.

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "PC"
I don't think we have much chance of winning this series anyway.  We'll be lucky to get a split.  I mean think about it.  Two teams with the same records, but the Rockies are just under .500 DURING A SLUMP while the Nats are just under .500 DURING THE HOTTEST STREAK OF THE YEAR.

By that logic we wouldn't have won anything over the past three weeks.

We're at home and they're very far away from theirs and they're hardly world-beaters, in the best of circumstances!

Yeah I know, but I'm just saying that sometimes there are more to matchups than stats, and I feel like the Rockies are gonna rain on our parade.  They have a very solid team and it's not like we can continue this hot streak forever.  Another series win would be great, but realistically, I'll be satisfied with a 2-2 split.

If we took 3 of 4 from the Phillies we should take 3 of 4 from the Rockies.              Look at their starters, it's laughable.  Francis, B Kim, Fogg, Jennings.  The Rockies aren't that good, they are just now falling back to normalcy.

Offline The Chief

Offline The Chief

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
If we took 3 of 4 from the Phillies we should take 3 of 4 from the Rockies.  Look at their starters, it's laughable.  Francis, B Kim, Fogg, Jennings.  The Rockies aren't that good, they are just now falling back to normalcy.

Yeah but by all indications, we're playing way ABOVE normalcy right now.  We were a .333 team until about 3 weeks ago.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Why do they keep bringng Stanton in with runners on board. He's proven over and over again that he can't handle the pressure

Offline sportsfan882

This is complete BS!!!! The Rockies are the luckiest freaking team in the MLB.

Offline PC

This would be an embarrassing loss.

Please offense, do something!!!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Todd Helton singles...another RBI for the Rockies.   :roll:

Colorado 4
Washington 2

Offline rileyn

How do you give up an uncontested steal to a guy with 3 stolen bases with a left hander on the mound.  How do you let that guy get into scoring position???????????  Stanton's luster is wearing off.  

I was afraid of this series.

Offline PC

Stanton might be spent.

Can't blame them for capitalizing.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!

OMG, they're lucky.The broken bats, the groundballs goin thru.

Offline The Chief

Quote from: "rileyn"
I was afraid of this series.

As was I...  as was I.

Somebody needs to check and see if the Rockies are intentionally using weak bats to score hits.  Seriously, I think they've had half a dozen broken bats tonight.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
How come their bats keep breaking. I'm becoming suspicious now. Thats too many broken bats

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Nats of the Living Dead. WE need you to put some bats up for us .

Online nats2playoffs

C'mon Rivera - get ONE out!

Offline PC

Can we get the third out?  PLEASE!

Got to go work the graveyard shift now. I'll leave the Mystery of the Broken Bats and the conspiracy theories to everyone else tonight.  Hopefully the boys can come back.

Offline sportsfan882

Saul Rivera should be demoted for Patterson when he comes back,

Offline PC

I'm sure he will but we'll still have to decide who drops out of the rotation.

Offline UMDNats

I'd like it too, but he's only a reliever and then we'd have 6 starters. I say just trade Ortiz and all our problems are solved.