Author Topic: The No Guzman Movement.  (Read 2372 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
The No Guzman Movement.
« Topic Start: July 27, 2005, 10:53:25 PM »
From here on out, I am going to replace my  wonderfully made Avatar(thanks Ken!) with this:

and I am going to leave it this way, until Guzman is no longer a starter on this team.

who's with me!

((ken, you need to whip up a small NO GUZMAN Sig Banner :P))

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #1: July 27, 2005, 11:23:32 PM »
I've been waiting for this since May.   :x

Offline mjteggy05

The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #2: July 27, 2005, 11:53:46 PM »
I tried and tried and tried to give guzman a chance, but sadly, I must join the movement...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #3: July 28, 2005, 12:33:04 AM »
For all you Guzman fans... :wink:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #4: July 28, 2005, 12:35:20 AM »
:lol:

LOL!  Good ONE!

Offline nats2playoffs

The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #5: July 28, 2005, 09:00:14 AM »
If Frank wouldn't dream of bringing Guzman in as a pinch hitter, why start him?  Let the pitchers bat ahead of him. :(

Offline Ray D

The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #6: July 28, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
If Frank wouldn't dream of bringing Guzman in as a pinch hitter, why start him?  Let the pitchers bat ahead of him. :(

And last week Frank had him bunt with two strikes.  I don't think I've ever seen that with a non-pitcher.

Offline nats2playoffs

The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #7: July 28, 2005, 11:19:03 AM »
Quote from: "Ray D"
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
...And last week Frank had him bunt with two strikes.  I don't think I've ever seen that with a non-pitcher.

With a man on 1st Guzman should be instructed to bunt and deliberately miss.  It brings in the infield and makes a steal easier.  Oh I forgot, the Nats don't steal bases....  With anyone on 1st and/or 2nd, "Double-Play Guzman" should deliberately strike out to avoid the double play.  He can't bunt and he can't hit a sacrifice fly.  He should be traded, even if they have to buy down his contract for the other team.

Offline PC

The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #8: July 28, 2005, 12:03:34 PM »
I found this clip from somone's geocities web page:

Christian Guzman is the slick fielding All Star shortstop for the Minnesota Twins.  This season Christian is not only making great plays with his glove he has become a hitting machine! Guzman is a switch hitter with gap power and can beat out infeild hits.  Guzman is a flat out speed demon! He led the league last year with 20 triples, and had 28 steals.  Christian was ranked #1 in Baseball America, as the fasted base runner and has been clocked at a god like 10.6 seconds from home to third.  Christian was named to the 2001 All Star team.

In light of our Christian Guzman, this almost seems mocking.   :twisted:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #9: July 28, 2005, 12:10:45 PM »
Quote from: "PC"
I found this clip from somone's geocities web page:

Christian Guzman is the slick fielding All Star shortstop for the Minnesota Twins.  This season Christian is not only making great plays with his glove he has become a hitting machine! Guzman is a switch hitter with gap power and can beat out infeild hits.  Guzman is a flat out speed demon! He led the league last year with 20 triples, and had 28 steals.  Christian was ranked #1 in Baseball America, as the fasted base runner and has been clocked at a god like 10.6 seconds from home to third.  Christian was named to the 2001 All Star team.

In light of our Christian Guzman, this almost seems mocking.   :twisted:

we shoulda signed THIS Christian Guzman to a 4-year, 16M dollar deal.

but instead Jim Bowden got CRISTIAN Guzman, the goober that we currently have and hate.

Offline PC

The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #10: July 28, 2005, 12:14:13 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

but instead Jim Bowden got CRISTIAN Guzman, the goober that we currently have and hate.

I'll never spell his name correctly.  That's my protest!!! :x

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
The No Guzman Movement.
« Reply #11: July 28, 2005, 12:16:26 PM »
You guys are going to laugh, but Guzman is my 13-year old stepson's favorite player.  I think the main reason is that before the season, I bought him a Nats t-shirt with Guzman's name & number on the back.   He wears that thing every game we go to and, believe me, he gets insults hurled at him.   One game, he tried to get a wave started and he told me that two college age kids yelled at him, "Guzman sucks, motherf&*%er!".   It seems like the more he gets booed & everyone hates him, the more he defends him.   Every game I go to, I can count on an argument between he & my 14-year old son, who blames everything on Guzman.

Last week, my stepson wrote a letter of encouragement to Guzman and mailed it to him in care of the Nats.