Author Topic: Hey Guys, About Tonight;  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Hey Guys, About Tonight;
« Topic Start: October 11, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
Just got home and all I have to say is NATITUDE

That and I love Jayson Werth

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Re: Hey Guys, About Tonight;
« Reply #1: October 11, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »
What a great game...I've been going to games for almost 50 years and been to three World Series games, and the only one that tops tonight was being there when Roberto Clemente got his 3,000th hit.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #2: October 11, 2012, 10:20:38 PM »
Sure was a pretty gosh darn awesome game!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #3: October 11, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »
It was an awesome experience. The whole game was fabulous to witness, and the eruption on the walk off felt bigger than even the Zimmerman ballpark opener in 2008. Perhaps the memory of that is too distant, but it sure seemed noticeably bigger. It was thunderous.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #4: October 11, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
It was an awesome experience. The whole game was fabulous to witness, and the eruption on the walk off felt bigger than even the Zimmerman ballpark opener in 2008. Perhaps the memory of that is too distant, but it sure seemed noticeably bigger. It was thunderous.

It seemed 100x bigger tonight.  The crowds these two games have been AWESOME.  Can't wait for tomorrow!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #5: October 11, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
:gunz:

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #6: October 11, 2012, 10:43:24 PM »
Best game yet. :w:

I wasn't expecting it to top the opener but wow, it did.

It was amazing.  The opener was exciting, but the pitching tonight was October baseball at its finest.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #7: October 11, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

I wasn't at the game, but I think you're right.  It sounded literally thunderous in Charlie's radio call - you could hear the building shaking.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #8: October 11, 2012, 10:50:14 PM »
and the only one that tops tonight was being there when Roberto Clemente got his 3,000th hit.

You were there for that!?  :shock: :worship:

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #9: October 11, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
Tonight is one of just two times in my life that I have been unable to hear a ballpark PA system because the crowd was too loud - and the first time in Nationals Park.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #10: October 11, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
I wasn't at the game, but I think you're right.  It sounded literally thunderous in Charlie's radio call - you could hear the building shaking.

The link WPA provided in another thread to the sportsbog has an even better display of the bedlam that ensued during the homer.  I am so jealous of those people...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #11: October 11, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »
What took so long? I was home by 9

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #12: October 11, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »

I couldn't even hear the sub horn from sec 133!!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #13: October 11, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
I couldn't hear the fireworks but I saw them exploding in the air.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #14: October 11, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
The link WPA provided in another thread to the sportsbog has an even better display of the bedlam that ensued during the homer.  I am so jealous of those people...

You rang?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/10/11/jayson-werths-home-run-from-the-stands/

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #15: October 11, 2012, 11:35:08 PM »
Walked up the Hill and visited with friends to do more celebrating after game.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #16: October 12, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

I saw Werth's HR and still made it to my daughter's back to school night in Annandale at 7:30. Ran to my car and I was the first one on the road. About 0% of the crowd left early.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #17: October 12, 2012, 07:29:39 AM »
We were there.  Just after Desmond made that great catch, we knew the top of the lineup would be at bat.  The guy in front of me said he hoped Harper would put it out.  But I said it would be more appropriate if Werth did it, after his struggles last season.  As we watched the line drive into the ST Louis bullpen, this guy in front of me turned to me and we embraced.  2IPAs got mad at me because I hugged him first

Offline markfnc

« Reply #18: October 12, 2012, 07:35:20 AM »
My 11 year old is playing fall ball little league.  I was keeping up with game on my phone.  My son was catching, and in between batters I yelled to him that Werth had just hit a HR and Nats had won the game.  He stood up and did a dance at home plate.  Not sure if anyone else knew what he was doing but it was funny.

Watching those videos from the stands gave me chills.  How awesome to be there in person for a game like that.

Offline madj55

« Reply #19: October 12, 2012, 08:03:26 AM »
Section 135 was absolutely crazy last night. Literally we stood the whole game like we were in a college football student section and it was awesome. Literally towels were waving after every strike thrown from the first inning to the ninth. Once Werth connected with that pitch it was an absolute frenzy people were going nuts. Guys standing on chairs, high fives all around, just a great moment to be apart of. I'll always remember this game especially because my Dad took me and he said he hadn't seen a crowd like this since when he used to go to Bulls NBA Finals games. Now let's freaking take it home tonight!!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #20: October 12, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »
Walked up the Hill and visited with friends to do more celebrating after game.

Where'd you go? 

Offline Dixon Ward

« Reply #21: October 12, 2012, 08:34:36 AM »
 :minigunz:

Offline loshjott

« Reply #22: October 12, 2012, 08:48:46 AM »
My 11 year old is playing fall ball little league.  I was keeping up with game on my phone.  My son was catching, and in between batters I yelled to him that Werth had just hit a HR and Nats had won the game.  He stood up and did a dance at home plate.  Not sure if anyone else knew what he was doing but it was funny.

Watching those videos from the stands gave me chills.  How awesome to be there in person for a game like that.

I was also at my son's HS level fall ball game. The coaches were in the dugout following on their iPhones and the kids between at bats were asking us what was going on. When we got word of the home run both teams went nuts. 

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #23: October 12, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
I was also at my son's HS level fall ball game. The coaches were in the dugout following on their iPhones and the kids between at bats were asking us what was going on. When we got word of the home run both teams went nuts. 

We are developing a baseball culture for sure.