Author Topic: CUBAN RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATION FOR THOSE THAT LIKE  (Read 1036 times)

nospinzone1

CUBAN FOOD

" cuba de ayer" in Burtonsville. Only decent Cuban restaurant in the whole area.

natsfan1a

Thanks, will check it out if we get up that way!

nospinzone1

Thanks, will check it out if we get up that way!

and the fantastic AMISH market is only a couple of blocks away on thurs.,fri. and sat. til 3 pm. great goodies.

and I dont own stock in either one....jajaja.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Nice!  NOSPIN, have you ever been to Versailles Restaurant on Calle Ocho in Miami?  I gather it was Livo's fave, but I never saw him there...used to go pretty often for those awesome sandwiches when I lived down in Coconut Grove (S. Miami).  Also the best flan in town.

CUBAN FOOD

" cuba de ayer" in Burtonsville. Only decent Cuban restaurant in the whole area.

nospinzone1

Nice!  NOSPIN, have you ever been to Versailles Restaurant on Calle Ocho in Miami?  I gather it was Livo's fave, but I never saw him there...used to go pretty often for those awesome sandwiches when I lived down in Coconut Grove (S. Miami).  Also the best flan in town.

WAS THERE ONCE. WAS NOT IMPRESSED.

natsfan1a

I like Amish markets. Sounds like a good field trip to combine the two some day!

and the fantastic AMISH market is only a couple of blocks away on thurs.,fri. and sat. til 3 pm. great goodies.

nospinzone1

I like Amish markets. Sounds like a good field trip to combine the two some day!

and the type of blondes that are legitimate Amish are of sch a differet hue....they are astoundingly beautiful.

Offline blue911

[/quote]

Any update on their lease situation? The last I heard they had no be out by 2008.

nospinzone1

Any update on their lease situation? The last I heard they had no be out by 2008.

I was told it is out of the planning. They were going to  put a WalMart there but there was neighborhood opposition. same for Cuba de Ayer. Cashier told me the plans are not longer in place.

Offline Dave B

there is a cuban place in silver spring. any good? across from a mex restaurant with a huge patio

nospinzone1

there is a cuban place in silver spring. any good? across from a mex restaurant with a huge patio

HALF ASS DECENT. THE COOK IS SALVADOREAN. SECOND PLACE IN MY BOOK. HAVE NOT TRIED THE ONES IN VIRGINIA. BUT ANYTHING CUBAN RESTAURANT AROUND HERE DO NOT COME EVEN TO THE ANKLE OF ANY SECOND RATE RESTAURANT IN MIAMI, HAHIALEAH OR ELIZABETH , NJ.

THERE IS ONE ON ROCKVILLE PIKE  OR HUNGERFORD DRIVE WHICHEVER YOU PREFER TO CALL IT. WIFEOF THE OWNER IS ONE OF THE COOKS AND IS ALSO SAZLVADOREAN. HALF DECENT BUT PORTIONS ARE MEAGER.