Author Topic: Any news on when playoff tickets will arrive?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Any news on when playoff tickets will arrive?
« Reply #25: October 02, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
This will be fun. I am on my honeymoon. Hopefully mine come next week.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #26: October 02, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
Check your tickets closely when they come. They printed the wrong price on my extra two scripts. They printed the price of the regular scrips but still charged me for the extra two price. And, again on the extra two scripts, they moved moved me a few seats down in the same row for the WS.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #27: October 02, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »
Check your tickets closely when they come. They printed the wrong price on my extra two scripts. They printed the price of the regular scrips but still charged me for the extra two price. And, again on the extra two scripts, they moved moved me a few seats down in the same row for the WS.

The prices printed on my tickets are screwed up too -- both on my original strips and my extra strips.  It's going to be pain for me, bc I bought the extras for a friend with my credit card, and now figuring out how to settle up properly is going to be impossible, bc who know what the real price of the tickets is.   On all my strips, in various sections, the printed prices are lower than what they charged me.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #28: October 02, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »
The prices printed on my tickets are screwed up too -- both on my original strips and my extra strips.  It's going to be pain for me, bc I bought the extras for a friend with my credit card, and now figuring out how to settle up properly is going to be impossible, bc who know what the real price of the tickets is.   On all my strips, in various sections, the printed prices are lower than what they charged me.

What a pain. I suggest you contact your ticket rep and ask for the breakdown of each ticket price. Then compare it against the charges on your card or on the confirmation email.

This whole postseason ticket thing has been a real headache. I wish they didn't make the playoffs at all. Kidding, kidding.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #29: October 02, 2012, 11:49:08 PM »
What a pain. I suggest you contact your ticket rep and ask for the breakdown of each ticket price. Then compare it against the charges on your card or on the confirmation email.

This whole postseason ticket thing has been a real headache. I wish they didn't make the playoffs at all. Kidding, kidding.

In fact, and maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I am sort of suspecting that this is an intentional systemic thing to let them screw people on the refunding of unplayed games.  I just totaled things up, and my printed tickets reflect a total of $674 for two seats in 403, but I was charged $894.  I never got any type of official breakdown, or even a receipt, so the only receipt or evidence I have (other than my credit card bill) is the prices printed on the tickets.  I'm afraid that when it comes time to refund any unplayed games, the team will try to refund the amount printed on the tickets to those games, and there is nothing to point to to show what I actually played for that specific game.  That system -- charging an artificially higher total for a strip without providing a breakdown, and then lower individual games prices -- potentially allows them to just brazenly fleece stripholders on paying out refunds. 

I've already emailed my rep because I've worked myself up over this just now, but of course won't have any response until who knows when.  Uggghhh, why do they have to try to screw their season ticket holders??!!!!

Offline santanaf

« Reply #30: October 03, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
Talked to my rep about the pricing and it makes sense. The secondary strips were done for season ticket holders from the teams season ticket stock, but the extras were full price tickets (what the team outlines on the presale prices) so no ST discount on those. We did get ST discount on the first set tho. You will be refunded properly and I've gotten a clear breakdown for my tickets at this point.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #31: October 03, 2012, 09:38:13 AM »
I emailed my rep too.  For our seats in 309, we were charged a total of $2,028 (inclusive of the $20 per seat "convenience" fee, or whatever it is).  That comes to $507 per seat for four seats.  This per seat cost is different both from what my ticket rep quoted me ($502 per seat) what the face value of the tickets is.  Based on the prices actually printed on each ticket, our total per seat cost (including the $20 fee) should have been $478, so we were charged $29 per seat more than what the face value indicates we should have been charged.  I'm waiting to hear what she has to say about this.  I'll let you all know once I have heard from her.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #32: October 03, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
I emailed my rep too.  For our seats in 309, we were charged a total of $2,028 (inclusive of the $20 per seat "convenience" fee, or whatever it is).  That comes to $507 per seat for four seats.  This per seat cost is different both from what my ticket rep quoted me ($502 per seat) what the face value of the tickets is.  Based on the prices actually printed on each ticket, our total per seat cost (including the $20 fee) should have been $478, so we were charged $29 per seat more than what the face value indicates we should have been charged.  I'm waiting to hear what she has to say about this.  I'll let you all know once I have heard from her.

The difference between $502 and $507 is just attributable to the $20 fee split four ways, but the other $24 is the mystery.  It seems like everyone's printed tickets reflect a lower cost than what was charged.

I got an email response from my rep assuring me that the quoted and charged prices are correct, and the printed prices on the tickets are a mistake.  He says I will get the correct refund for unplayed games, but I'm still think it's going to be a headache.  And, I'm still sort of suspicious that the inconsistencies are intentional.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #33: October 03, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
The difference between $502 and $507 is just attributable to the $20 fee split four ways, but the other $24 is the mystery.  It seems like everyone's printed tickets reflect a lower cost than what was charged.

I got an email response from my rep assuring me that the quoted and charged prices are correct, and the printed prices on the tickets are a mistake.  He says I will get the correct refund for unplayed games, but I'm still think it's going to be a headache.  And, I'm still sort of suspicious that the inconsistencies are intentional.

Since the $20 charge is per seat, a $5 discrepancy per seat would not be attributable to that.  In any case, my rep did contact me and explained that the tickets have the 2012 prices on them rather than 2013, and that the prices on the team website are accurate.  We actually paid less per seat than what is on the team website, because those numbers reflect the individual game price rather than the season ticket holder price.  In any case, I'm satisfied that we paid the correct amount for our seats.

Offline lougretzky

« Reply #34: October 03, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »
I'm also confused. Was charged $1,074 for two seats in Section 205.

Printed tickets:
Tiebreak: $43
WC: $40 (this could be an error since it's less than the tiebreak game)
NLDS: $40 x 3 (this could be an error since it's less than the tiebreak game)
NLCS: $70 x 4
Convenience free: $20 per seat:
TOTAL based on price printed on tickets: $966 + $40 fee = $1,006. So $68 of mystery charges

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #35: October 03, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »
Talked to my rep about the pricing and it makes sense. The secondary strips were done for season ticket holders from the teams season ticket stock, but the extras were full price tickets (what the team outlines on the presale prices) so no ST discount on those. We did get ST discount on the first set tho. You will be refunded properly and I've gotten a clear breakdown for my tickets at this point.

This. Exactly the same thing here. I think the key thing is to get something in writing from you rep in case there are issues.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #36: October 03, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »
Since the $20 charge is per seat, a $5 discrepancy per seat would not be attributable to that.  In any case, my rep did contact me and explained that the tickets have the 2012 prices on them rather than 2013, and that the prices on the team website are accurate.  We actually paid less per seat than what is on the team website, because those numbers reflect the individual game price rather than the season ticket holder price.  In any case, I'm satisfied that we paid the correct amount for our seats.

The fee isn't per seat, it's per order.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #37: October 03, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
I don't think there is any discount for season ticket holders.  I went on the Nats site and they have the prices broken down and it adds up to what I paid.  Some of the prices on the tickets are not correct however.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #38: October 03, 2012, 10:35:03 PM »
I don't think there is any discount for season ticket holders.  I went on the Nats site and they have the prices broken down and it adds up to what I paid.  Some of the prices on the tickets are not correct however.

The scripts offered to STH holders were cheaper than the individual game prices.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #39: October 03, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
I think I figured it out... my tickets don't get discounted...

The scripts offered to STH holders were cheaper than the individual game prices.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #40: October 04, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »

That is correct.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #41: October 04, 2012, 08:19:39 AM »
That is correct.

Here's an example.
Extra script and individual prices for seats in Sec. 113:
•Tie-Breaker: $75
•Wild Card: $85
•NLDS: $85
•NLCS: $130
•WS: $270

Script prices:
Potential tie-breaker: $45
Wild Card Game: $65