Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 35779 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Are we going to get shut out again???

Yes

Offline Sharp

He's never going to be the 14K pitcher again.  That's not who he/they want him to be.
What the hell are you talking about?  The pitch to contact stuff is so much fluff and everyone who matters in the organization knows it.

Offline PC

What the hell are you talking about?  The pitch to contact stuff is so much fluff and everyone who matters in the organization knows it.

There's a lot of space between "pitch to contact" and "14 strikeouts in a game".

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Good thing she said the word hoopluh instead :mg:

It was actually gross the way she said it, like she threw up in her mouth.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Best part of this game is Teddy getting speared by a leprechaun

Offline Sharp

There's a lot of space between "pitch to contact" and "14 strikeouts in a game".
There is no reason not to try to strike out as many guys as you can.  It doesn't raise your pitch counts appreciably over not doing so since not doing so allows more hits, and hence more plate appearances, even if each plate appearance is shorter.  So I'm not sure why you think the organization doesn't want him to be that pitcher.  I think it's much more likely that he physically can't right now.

Offline PANatsFan

There is no reason not to try to strike out as many guys as you can.  It doesn't raise your pitch counts appreciably over not doing so since not doing so allows more hits, and hence more plate appearances, even if each plate appearance is shorter.  So I'm not sure why you think the organization doesn't want him to be that pitcher.  I think it's much more likely that he physically can't right now.

That;s what I said, isn't it? :shrug:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Well, still in Blacksburg about to go get my party on down at Sharkey's.  Might have to see if they'll put the game on now that the Hokies have stomped a little anii.

Big Mike Stanton crushed any homers yet?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I see you two are wasting your Saturday nights arguing irrelevant points...

Offline Slateman

Well, he didn't GIDP

Offline Slateman

Well, still in Blacksburg about to go get my party on down at Sharkey's.  Might have to see if they'll put the game on now that the Hokies have stomped a little anii.

No. Strasburg has made him look silly both times up tonight

Offline PANatsFan

Hokies should play some tougher opponents like Bama and Temple. Wait, what?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Not a shocker, that guy likes to strikeout swinging.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Hokies should play some tougher opponents like Bama and Temple. Wait, what?

Haters gonna hate. 10 wins how many seasons say what?

Offline Slateman

So does Danny

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Stras has Stanton's number tonight.  Enjoy Sharkey's - I love that place!

Offline PANatsFan

Haters gonna hate. 10 wins how many seasons say what?

2 undefeated seasons under the current head coach say what?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Volstad hasn't won a game in over two months :lmao:

Offline PC

This is Rob Dibble insanity.

Whether or not he can physically do it now is moot.  He SHOULDN'T do it.  He doesn't have to do it.  He can be just as effective by only striking out seven or eight, which is what he'll likely do on a regular basis.  That doesn't mean he won't occasionally strikeout 12 or 14.

Justin Verlander has had 4 double digit strikeout games this year.  In his no-hitter, he struck out four.

Offline Sharp

This is Rob Dibble insanity.

Whether or not he can physically do it now is moot.  He SHOULDN'T do it.  He doesn't have to do it.  He can be just as effective by only striking out seven or eight, which is what he'll likely do on a regular basis.  That doesn't mean he won't occasionally strikeout 12 or 14.

Justin Verlander has had 4 double digit strikeout games this year.  In his no-hitter, he struck out four.
And Cliff Lee has 8.  In his best years, Pedro had tons.  What's your point?

Offline PANatsFan

And Cliff Lee has 8.  In his best years, Pedro had tons.  What's your point?

He doesn't have one, he's flat out wrong. They do not want him to turn into Lannan.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Strasburg > Nats

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
2 undefeated seasons under the current head coach say what?

How many seasons does Joe Pa have over Frank Beamer again?

Offline PANatsFan

Too bad Fister didn't end up in the NL, then the Marlins could win hand over fister.

Offline Sharp

VAMOS