Author Topic: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?  (Read 9982 times)

Offline GoodOmens

Re: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Reply #100: November 02, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »
I ended up disputing.  Got my credit today (from the dispute, not the Nats).  We'll see if it holds.  I was thinking of buying a partial season plan but this has left a sour taste in my mouth - there was zero communication.  When I called I was told it would be "several weeks" for a refund (back before the Nats put on their website a estimate of 7~10 days).

It seems like several weeks was spot on - inexcusable.  To be honest they shouldn't have charged people to begin with (talking about Single Tickets) and instead issued a hold and charged you only if they made the next round.

Offline wj73

« Reply #101: November 02, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »
depending on your issuer, you'll have the money credited in a day or two

Not always. Part of my job is to manage our payment processing server at work, and we issue refunds all the time.  I am constantly fielding irate calls from customers accusing us of not processing their refunds because it hasn't been credited back to their card.  When I check our records and log into the the clearing house, it shows that the refunds were processed and accepted by the customer's bank, meaning that the credited funds have been remitted to the credit card company on the customer's behalf, but the credit card company hasn't yet posted that refund to the customer's account.  There are some credit card companies who post both charges and credits promptly, but there are others out there that are really on top of posting charges quickly, but won't post credits for 2 or 3 weeks, or even longer.   

Customers are calling the company that issued the refund screaming about not receiving the refund, when in reality it's the customer's own credit card company that's holding the funds they've received and not posting the refunds.  Not saying that this is the case with our post-season refunds, but there can be substantial differences among credit card companies about how fast they post refunds to a customer's account once the merchant has processed them. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #102: November 02, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
Not always. Part of my job is to manage our payment processing server at work, and we issue refunds all the time.  I am constantly fielding irate calls from customers accusing us of not processing their refunds because it hasn't been credited back to their card.  When I check our records and log into the the clearing house, it shows that the refunds were processed and accepted by the customer's bank, meaning that the credited funds have been remitted to the credit card company on the customer's behalf, but the credit card company hasn't yet posted that refund to the customer's account.  There are some credit card companies who post both charges and credits promptly, but there are others out there that are really on top of posting charges quickly, but won't post credits for 2 or 3 weeks, or even longer.   

Customers are calling the company that issued the refund screaming about not receiving the refund, when in reality it's the customer's own credit card company that's holding the funds they've received and not posting the refunds.  Not saying that this is the case with our post-season refunds, but there can be substantial differences among credit card companies about how fast they post refunds to a customer's account once the merchant has processed them. 

that's why I said depending and why I use amex as my primary card

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #103: November 02, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »

That's why communication from the team is important.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #104: November 02, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
They really botched the communications badly. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #105: November 02, 2012, 11:26:25 AM »
Its not even the communications- they could have said nothing and issued refunds the day after getting knocked out and people would be happy

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #106: November 02, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »
Its not even the communications- they could have said nothing and issued refunds the day after getting knocked out and people would be happy

True, money talks.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #107: November 02, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
Not always. Part of my job is to manage our payment processing server at work, and we issue refunds all the time.

Just curious, what system do you guys use? 

Offline wj73

« Reply #108: November 02, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
Tender Retail, with Merchant Connect as the clearing house. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #109: November 02, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »
AmEx is really good about trying to refund it that day.  I wonder if we could complain to MLB about this nonsense.  It's just not right.

And risk having PANatsFan report you to the mods?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #110: November 02, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »
let's get that upvote feature up an running!  8)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #111: November 03, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
I ended up disputing.  Got my credit today (from the dispute, not the Nats).  We'll see if it holds.  I was thinking of buying a partial season plan but this has left a sour taste in my mouth - there was zero communication.  When I called I was told it would be "several weeks" for a refund (back before the Nats put on their website a estimate of 7~10 days).

It seems like several weeks was spot on - inexcusable.  To be honest they shouldn't have charged people to begin with (talking about Single Tickets) and instead issued a hold and charged you only if they made the next round.
NO MLB will do that in a million years!  Even before the NATS they didn't do that!  In 96 I had WS tickets.  Had to return them to a bank to get your refund!

Offline santanaf

« Reply #112: November 03, 2012, 03:33:25 PM »
I received two separate credits to my CC account on 10/30, one for $150 and one for $200, but have not received any correspondence as to what those refunds were for. My card was not charged on 11/1 for the grand slam payment that the email said I would be charged. I've also not received any credit or notification of credit for the NLCS games I purchased. At this point, from my calculations, the team owes me roughly $2,900 and I've had zero notification. >:(

Offline spidernat

« Reply #113: November 03, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
:smh:  freaking crooks.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #114: November 03, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
I received two separate credits to my CC account on 10/30, one for $150 and one for $200, but have not received any correspondence as to what those refunds were for. My card was not charged on 11/1 for the grand slam payment that the email said I would be charged. I've also not received any credit or notification of credit for the NLCS games I purchased. At this point, from my calculations, the team owes me roughly $2,900 and I've had zero notification. >:(

Could be one of two things, those of bought individual game tickets to the tie-breaker and wild card games received refunds for those games, people who bought strips apparently received refunds for incorrect amounts and the team is trying to fix the screw-up. 

Word is that Feffer had his top bean counter take the rest of the year off in order to prepare for next season.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #115: November 03, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »
At this point, from my calculations, the team owes me roughly $2,900 and I've had zero notification. >:(

Wow. What a freaking disaster.  Glad I didn't buy a strip this year and won't next year.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #116: November 03, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »
You guys who have the Nats holding your money... One of you ought to get a lawyer...

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #117: November 03, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
You guys who have the Nats holding your money... One of you ought to get a lawyer...

I'm fairly certain they had a team of lawyers draft the black box notice on the strip agreements to keep as much of your money as possible. One of the many reasons I didn't buy a strip this year and won't next year.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #118: November 03, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »
My brother just called them and asked them what the freak is up with his money and the dude told him they were sorry and would refund the money immediately. Then he had to point out that there were two charges so the rep was going to refund one and not the other.  :lmao:  My brother asked him what the delay was since other teams refunded the money within days and the dude told him that it's the Nationals policy to do it this way. So it looks like you're going to have to call them to get something done. freaking thieving parasites.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #119: November 03, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
My brother just called them and asked them what the freak is up with his money and the dude told him they were sorry and would refund the money immediately. Then he had to point out that there were two charges so the rep was going to refund one and not the other.  :lmao:  My brother asked him what the delay was since other teams refunded the money within days and the dude told him that it's the Nationals policy to do it this way. So it looks like you're going to have to call them to get something done. freaking thieving parasites.

You're joking, right?  That doesn't surprise me at all. The Nationals never fail to reach a new low in cheapness and greediness. I wonder how many suckers are going to lineup to give them an interest free loan next season?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #120: November 03, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »
Totally serious. He's here at my house right now so I was in the room when he called them.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #121: November 03, 2012, 08:11:25 PM »
Totally serious. He's here at my house right now so I was in the room when he called them.

They were there on a Saturday night?  :stir:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #122: November 03, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »
:roll: this is nuts, I know my parents have a good amount of money tied up in NLCS tickets so I'll be making it a point to call the Nats on Monday on their behalf to ask about refunds.

:spaz: I want to go to future playoff games but ugh such a pain.

Also what was their freaking contingency plan, and why doesn't the MLB just make an official plan for all the teams? That'd be easier and it'd set the same standard for all teams.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #123: November 03, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Still no refund, I'll call my rep on Monday.

I don't even care that much this year, but my financial situation could be much different next year. Why would I order tickets if I'm on a tight budget and they take their sweet time refunding them? Especially when they go ahead and charge us for the STH plan?

The refund process should have been initiated the day after the Nats choked.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #124: November 03, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
Especially when they go ahead and charge us for the STH plan?

It's going to be funny when all of these suckers that bought strips are also laying out thousands on their credit cards to the Nats because of accounting and billing errors. At what point do you finally face the reality that the Nats have no management and don't give a freak about the fans?

The refund process should have been initiated the day after the Nats choked.

And miss out on all that interest?  Surely you jest. What other explanation is there for why it's taken so long?  If the Nats were using an ERP like SAP and established proper business rules this could have been taken care of weeks ago. Instead here we are.