Author Topic: Video Games (2012)  (Read 83885 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Video Games
« Reply #600: July 01, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »
The Show is easly the best baseball game since MVP, but I really don't recall playing MVP 05 which I recall being the gold standard? I wouldn't mind getting it for PC if I had one worth running it on

What PC do you have that can't run MVP 05? I was playing that flawlessly on a machine in 2006.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #601: July 01, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Probably a laptop with integrated graphics.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #602: July 01, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
What PC do you have that can't run MVP 05? I was playing that flawlessly on a machine in 2006.

It probably would play it, but our Dell PC is just running on fumes. It's from 05 or 06 and takes forever to even get running. That's why I keep using my buddy's tablet, which is awesome by the way. Samsung Series 7

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #603: July 02, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »
Just got a Dust 514 beta invite. Anyone else get one?

I used 3 different email account to send in requests, but still didn't get one.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #604: July 02, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »
Changed the sliders in the Show12 and I'm totally kicking ass now.

That's what I have to do with the Show. It's hard as hell right out of the box, but I usually find that sweet spot that allows me to be competitive without making the game too easy.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #605: July 02, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »
That's what I have to do with the Show. It's hard as hell right out of the box, but I usually find that sweet spot that allows me to be competitive without making the game too easy.

That's what I had to do to. I was damn near getting no hit all the time. Had to make some adjustments and now I'm doing much better. Still need to adjust the other way though as I'm starting to hit a little too well.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #606: July 02, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
That's what I had to do to. I was damn near getting no hit all the time. Had to make some adjustments and now I'm doing much better. Still need to adjust the other way though as I'm starting to hit a little too well.

Yeah, it takes a while, but you'll find that sweet spot. I like to make my game more realistic. I can't stand having video game stats for my players. I want to have to work really hard if I'm going against someone like Kershaw.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #607: July 02, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
I just made it so that I always have solid contact.  Pitching I do fine with but when I went with what was out of the box I literally got no-hit twice and almost had a perfect game thrown against me if not for Matt Cain hitting David Murphy.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #608: July 02, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »
I just made it so that I always have solid contact.  Pitching I do fine with but when I went with what was out of the box I literally got no-hit twice and almost had a perfect game thrown against me if not for Matt Cain hitting David Murphy.

I don't have any problem with pitching either. I hardly have to make any adjustments on the out of the box settings. It feels perfect to me. I love how you'll get burned if you keep a guy in too long. The game definitely makes you manage a bit to get a win.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #609: July 03, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
Has Danny Espinosa's number always been wrong in the Show 12?  I just updated my roster and played as the Nats vs. the Giants and they have him as #9 for some reason.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #610: July 03, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
Has Danny Espinosa's number always been wrong in the Show 12?  I just updated my roster and played as the Nats vs. the Giants and they have him as #9 for some reason.

oh i guess it's the time of the season your marlins are in DC to play the nats?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #611: July 03, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »
oh i guess it's the time of the season your marlins are in DC to play the nats?

Try again, that's one of the biggest fails at humor ever.  Step your game up bro.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #612: July 03, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
Try again, that's one of the biggest fails at humor ever.  Step your game up bro.

you're a marlins fan

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #613: July 03, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
After a day like today, I'll need to play some MW3 to unwind.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #614: July 03, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
you're a marlins fan

Just like you're an Orioles fan and JCA is a Red Sux fan, right?

By the way, in MLB The Show 12 they have the old (read: cool and fun) Screech instead of the cracked out one we have now.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #615: July 03, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »
I want to play The Show freak.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #616: July 03, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »

By the way, in MLB The Show 12 they have the old (read: cool and fun) Screech instead of the cracked out one we have now.

screw them both.  forget all teams and players outside the nats.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #617: July 03, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »
PSN Summer Sale started today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/29/psn-summer-sale-starts-tuesday-bonus-discounts-for-plus-members/

Gotham City Impostors
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A 6 vs. 6 first person shooter, Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to pose as their amateur vigilantes or villains. Create your own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options.

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
HE’S ON FIRE! NBA JAM: On Fire Edition from EA Sports is guaranteed to light up the court as you throwdown the craziest dunks in the history of the basketball. Don’t miss out on this reimagining of the classic arcade game!

Shadow of the Colossus
$13.99. or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands, on a quest to bring a girl back to life. The only way to save her is to slay sixteen Colossi. Explore expansive landscapes and seek out each gigantic beast in its own natural habitat.

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
$6.99, or $4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Be sure to check out this stand-alone addition to the inFAMOUS universe.

Crysis
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. A massive alien ship reveals itself and now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace.

Killzone 3 Multiplayer
The complete Killzone 3 online experience – enjoy fierce 24-player battles using the latest ISA and Helghast weapons and technology. Utilize the PS3 controller or PS Move to take out your foes during firefights.

Closure
In the dark and mysterious world of Closure, only what you see exists. Manipulate lights to phase objects in and out of reality in this multiple-award-winning puzzle game. Don’t miss out on this unique indie title.

Jurassic Park The Game – Full Season
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A cinematic adventure 65 million years in the making! Experience a brand new adventure from Telltale Games, and see new areas and dinosaurs in this landmark game set during the events of the first Jurassic Park movie.

Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Worms Ultimate Mayhem is the definitive 3D Worms game! Load your weapons and experience a new dimension in destructive turn-based cartoon action! If you’ve never played Worms, this game will surely hook you.

The House of the Dead III
$4.89, or $3.42 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Run fast. Shoot faster. Straight from the arcades, this fast-paced shooting game is more realistic than ever with enhanced graphics and PlayStation Move motion controller compatibility. Get your Sharpshooter ready!

Real Steel
$6.99, or 4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A boxing-style fighting game featuring robots as combatants, based on the hit film Real Steel.

i am not sure if that is everything, or only the beginnning. not sure how PSN summer sales typically work.

I'll definitely be getting the Killzone 3 MP..can't turn down 7 bucks for a full MP shooter experience.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #618: July 03, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »
Wasn't a fan of Gotham Impostors.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #619: July 03, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »

Isn't Screech "growing" up? I thought they said the original Screech was him as a child and the current one is a teenager. Hopefully he'll he grow up soon and be like Danny Bonaduce or some other freaked up child star.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #620: July 03, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
screw them both.  forget all teams and players outside the nats.

I'm almost convinced   :lmao:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #621: July 03, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
Dishonored is starting to look like a must buy.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #622: July 03, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »
remnds me of Thief a little bit.

hey Berk, what's your PSN ID?

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #623: July 04, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »
Linty, where did you go to enter your Dust514 beta Key?

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #624: July 04, 2012, 06:11:21 PM »
PSNProfiles.com is pretty damn sweet. I like how the picture in my gamercard changes according to the last game I played.