Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 2  (Read 12001 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #150: April 02, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »
no doubt about it. zimmerman is gonna have the gold glove on lock for the foreseeable future, rolen style.

:mitt:
I have my doubts...not in Zimmerman's abilities, but the ability of national sports writers to change their channel from SNY to watch any other NL team.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #151: April 02, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
WHAT A freakING JOKE. BASEBALL TONIGHT CAN GO TO HELL!! I just watched the entire show and the only game they didn't show was you guessed it, the Nats/Phillies game. Disgusting. If the Phillies or Mets pitched a 1-hit shutout it would have led the show.  :evil:

No Web Gem for RZ either!! Of course Wright was #2.

« Reply #152: April 02, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »
WHAT A ******* JOKE. BASEBALL TONIGHT CAN GO TO HELL!! I just watched the entire show and the only game they didn't show was you guessed it, the Nats/Phillies game. Disgusting. If the Phillies or Mets pitched a 1-hit shutout it would have led the show.  :evil:

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #153: April 02, 2008, 11:10:46 PM »
i've become numb to espn's ignoring of the nats. i just sit there and smh.

they did show a brief highlight of the game though, karl ravech's nickname for zimmerman is awful. he calls him "the z-pack". once again, smh.

zimmerman not being on web gems when he had 2 certified gems...smh.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #154: April 02, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
We got Condos for cheap out here in Natsville, man.

Thanks for the offer.

I actually got the game on MASN tonight - I almost always get it on the other team's network.  Even the Nats broadcasters totally out-class the Marlins.  I known it's beyond the Nats control, but MASN needs to change the men on base display.  When I flipped back to the Nats in the 8th, it showed 2b and 3b white, and 1b the same dark color as the background.  The first pitch I saw that inning was a broken bat play, and Zimm went to 2b.  I thought he was nuts to do that with runners on 2b and 3b, and let the game get tied.  But it was actually a runner on 1b, and Zimm got the lead runner.  Then, I remembered from last year, MASN's men on display is the only one in which the bright color mean the respective base is empty.  Between that backwards display, and making a play at second when runners are advancing to every base other than 2b being the norm for the Marlins, my heart sank there for a seconds until the announcer said Zimm got the lead runner.  Then I went to WTF mode for a couple more seconds before remembering I was watching on MASN.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #155: April 02, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
and you're right, baseball tonight did not show highlights of the game. my bad. they just showed r.z.'s homer during the home run segment.

SMFH.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #156: April 02, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »
and you're right, baseball tonight did not show highlights of the game. my bad. they just showed r.z.'s homer during the home run segment.

SMFH.
Unbelievable isn't it? They even showed the O's/TB game.  :roll:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #157: April 02, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »
Thanks Sportsline.

A 30-year-old right-hander pitching for his fourth team in the majors, Redding shut down a potent lineup that's led the league in runs the last two seasons. Redding improved to 2-1 with a 2.19 ERA in seven starts against the Phillies. He was just 3-6 in 15 starts in his first season with the Nationals last year, but could have had a better record because his ERA was only 3.64. The Nats didn't give him much support Wednesday, but he pitched quite a gem. However, don't expect a lot of these starts from Redding.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #158: April 03, 2008, 12:10:21 AM »
THERE IT IS, THE FIRST "YES, IT'S THE NATS" OF THE SEASON. I ******* HATE KARL RAVECH

IS IT?

COULD IT BE?

YES, IT'S THE NATS.

:devil:

o well, i guess i can't complaining b/c they just showcased the nats 3-0 record.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #159: April 03, 2008, 01:02:46 PM »
Where's the lock and the curly W?  3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

natsfan1a

« Reply #160: April 03, 2008, 01:03:51 PM »
:woop:

MrMadison

« Reply #161: April 03, 2008, 01:08:45 PM »

YES, IT'S THE NATS.

what? I like that phrase.  we should run with it. :)