Author Topic: Mike Wise is a Big Tool  (Read 2830 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Mike Wise is a Big Tool
« Reply #25: June 18, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »
You mean the same "coach" as in "Kiley and the Coach" (I have no idea what his name was)  paired up with Doc Walker too?  I don't remember that!

The coach in the coach and doc was John Thompson

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #26: June 18, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
Everything was stuff like, "What will be the bigger story, The Nats in the playoffs, or RGIII?"

I thought I was the only one that noticed that.  I crap you not, they literally started off a segment talking about how much ass Bryce was kicking and, literally, 30 seconds in, shoehorned in "do you think RGIII is going to be able to have similar success?  And what do you think that success is?  A 7-9 season?  The playoffs?  Throwing for 4,000 years and rushing for 1,000?" 

If I could have driven my car directly up their asspipes right then and there I would have. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #27: June 18, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
And as bad as the people are on 980, why is it that everyone on WJFK sounds like some teenage punk? No sports knowledge, no broadcast skills, no voice skills.

The only possible explanation is that in their advertising demographic there is no competition so it's their market to take.  I can't imagine anyone, that's not drunk on the LANDOVER FORESKINZ-RGIII4MVP koolaid, listening to that crap for anything other than a good laugh. 

Offline Ray D

« Reply #28: June 18, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »
The coach in the coach and doc was John Thompson

Ah yes of course.  John Thompson is completely in over his head talking about anything other than basketball.   But I enjoy listening to Doc Walker, though he really doesn't have much expertise outside of football.   Neither one knows much about baseball but at least Walker knows more than Thompson.

Offline wj73

« Reply #29: June 18, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
XM.  MLB Radio.  Sanity saver. 

Offline Ray D

« Reply #30: June 18, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »

Yes XM MLB radio really is amazing.  I can honestly say that I can't think of any idiots, some shows are better than others, but all are good. I listen mostly during drive time (morning and afternoon rush) but I happened to turn on very early yesterday (Sunday) morning to Ripken Baseball - Billy and Cal, which was a repeat of some time during the week, I don't know when, and those two together are unbelievably entertaining.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #31: June 18, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »

The dude whose balder than the knee caps of a gay prostitute is a complete idiot. He is making a big deal about the Nationals being swept by the Yankees and Harper having a 0-7 game on 106.7. BFD. It's one set of three games in a 162 game season. He says the Nats fans are a bunch of kool-aid drinkers for still supporting the team and being okay with being swept.

Well I say him being a total whiner about losing the series is the equivalent to a General calling off a war after one of their carrier ships was destroyed. The Nats are still in great condition. They'll probably only get better with Storen coming back and Harper continuing to develop as a player. The only dumb enough not see it is the guy whose drawn to and blinded by the sheer opulence that emanates from New York.

and with 5 strikeouts? 
 :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :
He's not ready for the majors!  Send him back to AAA!

Oh, you say he went 2-4 with a double the next day?

Never mind.    :mg:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #32: June 18, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
and with 5 strikeouts? 
 :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :
He's not ready for the majors!  Send him back to AAA!

Oh, you say he went 2-4 with a double the next day?

Never mind.    :mg:

The great thing about sports is that it's easy to judge if an athlete or team is performing well. Simply look at their overall record or stats. If Wise wants to pick out a single game, series or even part of the season, he makes himself look foolish.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #33: June 18, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »

:clap:

Yes XM MLB radio really is amazing.  I can honestly say that I can't think of any idiots, some shows are better than others, but all are good. I listen mostly during drive time (morning and afternoon rush) but I happened to turn on very early yesterday (Sunday) morning to Ripken Baseball - Billy and Cal, which was a repeat of some time during the week, I don't know when, and those two together are unbelievably entertaining.

Ripken Baseball is on from 12-2 on Fridays.

I'm not big on the morning show, Memolo is alright but they have struggled to find someone he works well with and Todd Hollandsworth is the latest experiment. 

I really dig Inside Pitch and Power Alley.  Jim Bowden is surprisingly good at asking the tough questions and getting good answers.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #35: June 18, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
Have to agree about XM. Got it for MLB radio, but love it for a lot more. Worth it just for MLB and Real  Jazz alone.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #36: June 18, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »
Mike Wise posted on Twitter:
Mike Wise ‏@MikeWiseguy
@lclem28 Yeah, I probably needed to tone it down a little.
I was just blown away by all the people who seemed okay with a sweep.

4:43 PM - 18 Jun 12 via web ·
Since Wise worked for the NY Times for 10 years before coming to Washington in 2004, I suspect that he told a lot of friends and former colleagues that the Nationals were going to going to end the Yankees winning streak.  He probably made wager$ with them, too.

Mike Wise
106.7 FM The Fan
weekdays 12-2 PM.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #37: June 18, 2012, 10:13:57 PM »
Why does anyone even listen to Mike Wise?  :lmao: 

Word.

You guys are just now figuring out that Mike Wise is a moron?

Offline Bloo

« Reply #38: June 18, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
Word.

You guys are just now figuring out that Mike Wise is a moron?

The Condescension in your post sounds like something Mike Wise would say...

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #39: June 18, 2012, 10:22:08 PM »
The Condescension in your post sounds like something Mike Wise would say...

Well I am a moron too.

But at least I fess up to it.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #40: June 18, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
This.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #41: June 19, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
I thought I was the only one that noticed that.  I crap you not, they literally started off a segment talking about how much ass Bryce was kicking and, literally, 30 seconds in, shoehorned in "do you think RGIII is going to be able to have similar success?  And what do you think that success is?  A 7-9 season?  The playoffs?  Throwing for 4,000 years and rushing for 1,000?" 

If I could have driven my car directly up their asspipes right then and there I would have.

And then they decided that RGIII's debut game would be a bigger local story than the Nats in the playoffs.   :idiot: :hang:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #42: June 19, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »
XM costs money :(

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #43: June 19, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
And then they decided that RGIII's debut game would be a bigger local story than the Nats in the playoffs.   :idiot: :hang:

The Nats playing a playoff game in September would be the biggest story in sports.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #44: June 19, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »

The Nats playing a playoff game in September would be the biggest story in sports.

Misquote on my part - they were talking about a pennant race drive vs. RGIII debut.  I was so busy stabbing myself in the eardrums I may have missed some of the details.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #45: June 19, 2012, 12:38:32 PM »
lets be fair, RGIII's first preseason game will get more airtime than the nats for that week even if the nats are in the middle of a great run/epic collapse/clinching the wild card....

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #46: June 19, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
lets be fair, RGIII's first preseason game will get more airtime than the nats for that week even if the nats are in the middle of a great run/epic collapse/clinching the wild card....

As well it should. This has been, and will always be, a Redskins town

Offline Fan037

« Reply #47: June 19, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »
If the Nats are in the playoffs and the Redskins are on with RGIII, I have myself a very nice dilemma!  Bring it on!!! :clap: :woop: :cheers:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #48: June 19, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
If the Nats are in the playoffs and the Redskins are on with RGIII, I have myself a very nice dilemma!

:hang: This is the exact type of bullcrap that makes me sometimes wish I had become a Red Sox fan circa 1999.

It's the playoffs.  It should be no contest.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #49: June 19, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »
The Redskins are going nowhere, with or without Griffin, for at least the next ten years (or however much longer it takes to get a new owner).